Anyone got these yet? 09/10/2011 03:56 PM CDT

They look interesting and very powerful... Maybe something to get to blast through a level.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/11/2011 01:33 AM CDT
I highly recommend buying them, they are a lot of fun to use.

They are overpowered slightly, enough to get you by a level you might have not gotten by before BUT you need to know how to use them as epic heroes will take them out just as easily as any other type of tower so be wary.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/12/2011 11:26 PM CDT

Thanks, I did get the pack.

I like the medusa quite a bit. I don't use the others much, at least not through the first time through the campaigns. Maybe now I'm just skirmishing, I'll try other defenses just the fun of it.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/13/2011 12:08 AM CDT
Glad you're enjoying the pack! Here are some tips to get the most mileage out of your new toys:

The Gorgon is an all around beast. She's the go-to critter for levels with moderate sized waves of heroes, especially if only one or two epics are sprinkled throughout. She can take as much of a beating as a Barricade!

The Recharge Spell obviously gets the biggest boost to defenses with long cooldowns. Use it on levels where your economy isn't an issue, and you need some serious firepower (AND FAST). Pair it with things like the Jelly Cube, Lava Lobber, Catapult, Mimic, and any spells you might have with you. Double Fire Blast is LEGIT.

The Mana Crab is a fantastic addition to your economy. Take him a long with your Mana Crystal for a huge boost in mana generation. He's superbly useful on levels where you are Mana starved early on, like "It Takes An Epic Thief", or virtually any level with Epic Wizards, as players usually keep their crystals bunched up, whereas the Crab is mobile, and can survive even the devastating blast of the Epic Wizard's fireball.

The Ion Cannon is freaking ridiculous, end of discussion. Its smart pathing and tracking of heroes is its greatest asset. It's like a Fire Blast on steroids. It can best showcase its talents in twisty, maze-like levels such as "That Voodoo", "Slime and Punishment" and "Hedge Maze."

Hope that helps!

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/13/2011 12:28 AM CDT

Thanks, that does help. Here is my reasoning so far on the pack.

I like the Gorgon simply because its a fired and forget weapon. Just put her down and she takes care of business

The recharge spell I don't seem to use so much because it takes up a slot where I can fill with a more fun defense, (Jelly Cubes!! Drop 'em on your friends, and laugh as they jiggle! Loads of fun for kids!) but it is handy for achievmenets when you need a quick recharge.

The mana crab is handy, but I tend to fort up (at least with the first two campaigns so its not so useful to me, I'll just put mana crystals in the protected area, and again, I rather have a more fun defense available.

The ion cannon IS absolutely ridiculous. I didn't know it tracked, but that is a nice touch! Its too powerful and I am reserving it for those levels where I need a hand up.

But now that I'm done with the campaigns, I'm going to play around and get some fun from it.

Thank you for toys!
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/13/2011 12:33 AM CDT
You know what's really fun? Dropping back to back Jelly Cubes on an entire wave of Epic Heroes, half of which get stuck by the first one, and the other half that get caught because they're bunched up attacking the first one. >_>

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/13/2011 12:48 AM CDT

Heheheh!

Yeah, I can see the beauty in that.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/14/2011 04:04 AM CDT

I love to have more defenses but i think that the blast is far too overpowered.
the gorgon is also better than any other creature in the game.
the mana crab is nice. but i think if i have mana crab, mana crystal and recharge spell i can get my mana income very fast in early stages and can place high priced defenses in masses and own every level.
the recharge is extremly powerful too.

i bought these defenses after dungeon campaign. and even now (half way of sorcerer) i dont use these defenses because they are too overpowered and makes the game boring.
The new defensive are pretty nice ideas but should have been less powerful or at least more expensive at my opinion.

i will anyway buy all upcoming packs because i love the game.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/16/2011 01:58 PM CDT
I realized the hard way that the Ion Cannon will detroy your defenses as well...

Besides that, once you learn how to use it properly I love it.
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/23/2011 11:02 AM CDT

Just picked up the pack yesterday. I love the Gorgon, she's become a commonly-used defense for me. Mana crabs are awesome too, I like getting my economy kick started so I can afford to take more of the expensive defenses that are otherwise hard to afford. Might be less important after you start getting to the levels with the super mana crystals on lava? Haven't used the Recharge or Ion Cannon much yet, I did notice you've got to be careful with the Ion Cannon so as not to destroy your own defenses.

They're fairly cool, but man I don't know that I could say they're cooler than the Jelly Cube :) I love that guy!
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/25/2011 12:39 AM CDT

The cube is just a lot of fun to use!
Re: Anyone got these yet? 09/29/2011 02:14 PM CDT

How come we can't use this pack on CCFhouse or the Gaunlet??!?
Re: Anyone got these yet? 10/11/2011 06:58 PM CDT

I can't get these to re-download. I have restored purchases under Game Options several times and they do not appear.

Any help?
Re: Anyone got these yet? 10/13/2011 01:10 PM CDT
What version of Tiny Heroes are you using? Are they not appearing on the defense selection screen? Are they listed in the Tinypedia?

--Simutronics QA Intern
Follow us on Twitter! @TinyHeroesGame