Hold the line 01/29/2012 09:51 PM CST

I am having a serious hero problem. Hold the line is a hard level, and you are provided the catapult. But even if I try different formations, it comes out as a total drainage in gold because of those EPIC KNIGHTS and no matter how many times I try mimics, they usually get destroyed before the menaces show up. SO how do I get those mimics protected and get three stars?
Re: Hold the line 01/29/2012 09:52 PM CST
Please respond!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hold the line 01/29/2012 09:57 PM CST
Strange, I don't use mimics in Hold the Line.

In another thread Simu-Stephen said:
First and foremost, build tons of Mana Crystals. Like, as many as you can reasonably fit into the back half of the level.

Second, make sure you plug the hole in the front line. A Barricade works well, and then it matches all the other Barricades up there.

Third, Catapults are perfect for firing over Barricades.

And fourth, Bombs. Lots of Bombs.
Re: Hold the line 01/29/2012 10:05 PM CST

Well a lot of times the crystals get destroyed. Should I provide more than bombs to protect my crystals?
Re: Hold the line 01/29/2012 10:07 PM CST

The barricades are usually destroyed before the last wave so will I need more than catapults to defend?
Re: Hold the line 01/29/2012 10:57 PM CST

Never mind, I made it with one star and probably a stockpile of mana...
Re: Hold the line 06/28/2012 03:31 PM CDT
I used mana far behind (you can get at least 8 crystals down the two paths), catapults immediately to the right of the barricades, aim for two behind each block. I then put floor spikes and ballistas down, and used bombs in front in the "kill zone" (along with tar if possible) to weaken enemies down.