Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/16/2011 08:13 PM CDT
I just unlocked the Gargoyle Statue and I was wondering what the hint is talking about:

Hint: The Dungeon streets are empty now, the Knights don't shine no more.

Is this just some joke that those who know the context would understand or some kind of hint for a secret to unlock, etc? Or something else? Anyone know?
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/17/2011 07:07 PM CDT
I wondered this too!! I'm not sure what it means, I assumed something along the lines that the gargoyle statue had a greater effect on knights/epic knights, but I've never confirmed this suspicion.
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/18/2011 04:17 PM CDT
The (somewhat) official name for the Gargoyle Statue is the "Evil Light Oculator", or ELO. The Gargoyle Statue turns heroes to stone. Coincidentally,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5TmnJy_DE

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/19/2011 02:07 PM CDT

Ok, so I understand the pun with ELO and the video, but what does that have to do with the hint?
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/19/2011 02:42 PM CDT
The very first line of the song reads, "The city streets are empty now, the lights don't shine no more." It's just a very obscure song lyric reference. Our last game was Fantasy University, which lived and breathed wordplay and pop culture references... it's hard for us to turn it off sometimes. :p

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/20/2011 10:29 AM CDT

Ahh, I see now. Although I can't see anyone understanding that reference aside from you devs :) hahaha
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 10/21/2011 05:55 PM CDT
Don't worry, none of the other devs understood it, either. :)

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 01/29/2012 11:07 PM CST

So any kind of knight is done for?
Re: Gargoyle Statue Hint? 01/30/2012 11:46 AM CST
No, it was a play on words with the song lyrics that Nathan linked to earlier.

--Simutronics QA Intern
Follow us on Twitter! @TinyHeroesGame