Valley of Gold Thank Yous! 06/24/2019 08:47 AM CDT
I want to thank all of the players for the kind words about their experiences at this event. We had such fun playing with you!! We'll definitely be taking any feedback and critiques offered into consideration as we continue the threadwork we've established at Valley of Gold.

A LOT of time and effort went into planning and executing this festival. I wanted to do an event this year that had a larger world scope and was focused solely around bringing roleplaying opportunities to the masses. Aid between the East/West started with the players originally, so I felt like this would provide the best platform to further existing interest, but I also hoped it would encourage new players to become more involved politically and possibly get them invested in future storylines, too.

When I approached Valyrka about weaving the existing Aid to the West storyline into my event idea, she was ALL IN! I cannot thank her enough for all the time she put into organizing and designing for Valley of Gold. Her dedication and reliability as a GM is unmatched. She is so passionate about the areas she oversees for us, and I could not have done this event without her. I don't have the words to truly show my appreciation. THANK YOU IS NOT ENOUGH, VALYRKA!

Lydil, thank you for all the guidance and oversight that we needed on all things human in the planning stages. You were invaluable to the process. More thanks for bringing our very important human NPCs to life, and for all the time you put in, both before and during the event!

Documentation Thank Yous To: Annanasi, Auchand, Kenstrom, Kynlee, Mazreth, and Skhorne

Shops and Structures Thank Yous To: Valyrka, Elysani, Elidi, Skhorne, Annanasi, Tamuz, Naionna, Quilic, and Wraex

Special thanks to Vanah for her work on the new verbs, and to all of QC for their quality control.

We had so many GMs roleplay above and beyond what was asked of them for this event. My sincerest gratitude goes out to Valyrka, Lydil, Mazreth, Aiza, Annanasi, Kynlee, Xeraphina, Ubiq, Mikos, and Host Kebchet for brilliantly animating the event.

Every single GM on the Subscriptions Team had a hand in doing something for this event. Endless thank yous to my entire team for their hard work to make this a great time for players. So many other folks were involved behind the scenes that I'm bound to forget someone, but a tip of the hat all around to staff for helping my team with Valley of Gold. I am so thankful to create with you all.

Hearts and excelsior!

~Galene

SGM of Subscriptions
Re: Valley of Gold Thank Yous! 06/24/2019 10:13 AM CDT

Thanks to all of the GMs involved, ranging from the lectures and discussions, rp participation and all the documentation. This was indeed a fun event!!!!!

Cryheart
Re: Valley of Gold Thank Yous! 06/24/2019 08:23 PM CDT

This was the most fun Clunk has had in a long time.

It seemed super appropriate to him that the meeting was held and the treaty was signed in the shadows of the mountains of Zul.

Over the years, Zul has tried to be the most peaceful city in the Lands. They advertise as a refuge for invasions, and have set up signs along the paths to Zul, you know the ones (tied if all the fighting? need some quiet for a change? visit Zul Logoth). There's just something about the notion 'peace in the mountain, peace in the valley' that made the setting right, at least for Clunk. Uniting humans and elves to a common cause made it that much the better. After all, the one true enemy is demons and the undeads, and we can't fight them effectively if we fight amongst ourselves.

The history tents were interesting, bringing reminders of the various evils that have come to Elanthia since the demons were first summoned. And then the passing references, unemphasized and easy to overlook because they were on the periphery of whatever else was going ... phrases like Defender of the Demonwall ... seen at Shadowguard ... last seen shortly after defending Vaalor ... so many reminders of scenes we've all played out in game that make the history a history written and played out by us under the guidelines of a formal game history.

This WAS Gemstone at its best.

Clunk's one worry is that he brought too many chocolates and the Queens handmaidens ate them too fast, and folks thought it was poison.
For goodnesses sake, blame it on the chocolates. There is no way that such an event should be spoiled by openly advertising suspicions of those you just signed treaties with. Besides, it distracts from staying focused on a common enemy. So, blame it on the chocolates. (Clunk is already 'pollergizin') I know Orelwen at least was warned not too eat them too fast.

And - who knew Owlie liked salties?

Thanks to all the GMS and all the players for this one.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Valley of Gold Thank Yous! 06/25/2019 12:24 PM CDT
Clunk was a picture of the gracious host, making sure everyone had their snacks. He was a highlight of the festival.

I've raved a bunch on discord but I'll summarize my feedback here as well: Valley of Gold is an example of what makes Gemstone great. Promoting it as an RP focused event and tempering festival expectations was a great idea, I think. There were so many amazing things to buy (Jooooooola) and the new materials and services were amazing, but pretty much everyone showed up knowing they were stepping into four days of roleplay focus. I don't think I heard a moment of grousing over who won what raffle or what service was or wasn't available, and that is certainly unusual for a festival. You could barely move between rooms without tripping over people standing around and chatting, or encountering a wondering NPC to interact with.

It reminded me a great deal of Carnival of Freaks, which was my favorite event last year. And Valley of Gold is set to probably be my favorite of this year too. Though the Carnival told more of a story and had a broader cast of characters, what excites me about Valley of Gold is that it set the stage for upcoming roleplay and storyline on both sides of the Dragonspine. I dearly hope that the things started here continue to lead to consistent, smaller scale local storyline in the associated towns - and then maybe eventually bigger and more dramatic unified things!

I know it took a ton of work from the GMs but ... more of this please! I had so much fun.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Valley of Gold Thank Yous! 06/30/2019 11:15 AM CDT
Loved it personally. The stars kind of aligned and I was able to attend nearly everything. I think the intent and content really worked because it became about those stories as intended.

Job well done. It really did seemingly bridge some of the Elven and Human or Eastern/Western players on top of a ton of big NPCs. The EMPEROR was there! ;)

-Geijon/Jeramy