Thanks for the fun! 06/23/2019 11:21 PM CDT
I had an awesome weekend being a couch potato and exploring the Valley of Gold. Thanks for the amazing event!

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Thanks for the fun! 06/23/2019 11:35 PM CDT
Agreed!

Thank you to everyone involved in the event :)

Arianiss Winterfox, Player of
Re: Thanks for the fun! 06/24/2019 05:38 AM CDT
I really cannot heap enough praise on everyone for this event; from the GMs who made it all possible and worked tirelessly all weekend, to the players that kept the whole place alive and thriving with some amazing roleplay and fun interactions. It felt like the lively festival events of years ago and I found myself not wanting to log out at all! Like Maylan, I simply became a couch potato for fear of missing anything.

So thank you and .... more please!

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Thanks for the fun! 06/24/2019 06:46 AM CDT
This was a great event. Thank you to GMs and players that made it fantastically colorful, entertaining,and truly alive.
Re: Thanks for the fun! 06/24/2019 07:08 AM CDT
I am thoroughly impressed with the clear amount of time and coordination that went into this event. I loved that the focus was on the RP, and it truly showed. At a couple points, I had to briefly step away with my main character attending, and it was so engaging that I felt I had to go invisible to avoid any awkwardness of being AFK while someone walked past in case a conversation was attempted. (That is very much a good thing.) The interactions between PCs and NPCs alike was what truly made it. Being able to play a part in some of the event's components was also thrilling. And the released lore on top of everything else was icing on the cake.

While the offer of shops and merchant services was never my driving focus in attending, I was honestly surprised at how prevalent both were, and I definitely spent way more in silvers than I had anticipated.

The only part I have mixed feelings about is the poisoning incident. This whole event was ultimately caused by the actions of multiple PCs having real effects over the course of two years - in two completely different regions of the game. Once again, I am glad that the actions of PCs did have real results (and, it appears, likely consequences), and that NPCs responded to them accordingly. It even allowed one of my oldest characters to finally be put in a situation where he could respond to events in a completely new way that was entirely in line with his past; I was delighted for that opportunity.

However, it also felt a bit like suspension of disbelief when potential "enemies" were blatantly pointed out and then not addressed in any tangible manner, followed days later by an attack in their typical modus operandi. Similarly, I felt really bad for all the players who finally had the second opportunity (ever in the history of the game) to interact with the Emperor abruptly have any possible remarks or actions cut short because of the timing of the poisoning and his (obvious, immediate) departure from the accessible festival grounds. I can't even begin to imagine how disappointing that must be to finally be able to just bow to your culture's head of state and then not even have enough time to follow up with, "My Liege," or anything else. I hope that, at the very least, this might open up more avenues for the Emperor to be physically present for players in the future to allow for those opportunities that were cut short. In the same line, I hope that there are actual ramifications from the ongoing elven poison investigation, and that the repeated warnings expressed were heeded in some manner that wasn't immediately apparent to any of the attendees.

In spite of those two gentle critiques, I am actually overwhelmed with how wonderful the event was - and I sincerely hope that this trend of smaller "festivals" with a primary focus on RP continues in the game. Thank you to all of the staff and players who made it so memorable.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Thanks for the fun! 06/24/2019 09:08 AM CDT
Soooo my original thought leading up to this was to lurk and loom and indulge in some surly half-elven presence at a human-and-elf event, to rep our poor oppressed halfbreeds. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I ended up getting far, far too engaged on the elven side of things and that plan fell apart. I was drowning in excellent conversation and interaction for the entire event, and cannot begin to express how much fun I had with it.

This was unexpected for me -- the story leading up to this over the past couple years has not really grabbed my attention as more than background noise. So, to those involved in organizing and running the event in all ways (grounds, shops, npcs, inciting story, merchants), those who submitted ideas or presented, those who showed up and discussed current events, socialized, shopped, flirted, argued, plotted, and even lurked interactively, thank you. I had a blast and you all contributed. The characters I brought to the party are more developed now because of you.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."