Flight of the Firebird 03/14/2015 03:15 PM CDT
Elanthia's newest merchant aircraft has landed in Wehnimer's Landing!

The Firebird is an experimental airship, originally built by the Turamzzyrian Empire, that has been... ah, repurposed as a merchant craft by its wayward captain, Sir Brashton Rainsbourne. Now flying under agreement with the Empire as an envoy to encourage trade and friendlier relations with its neighbors, the ship will be making regular trips between Elanthian towns once it is finished refueling in Wehnimer's Landing.

What does that mean for you?

Merchants: The Firebird will occasionally play host to alterers and other merchant NPCs to help you change your schtuff.

Shops: The ship will have a shifting roster of shops with keen wares for you to find.

The Arena: Spirit Beast aficionados are able to battle NPC trainers for rare and powerful prizes, plus a few other things discussed here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Game%20Design%20Discussions/Spirit%20Beasts/view/56

Events: There'll routinely be merchant events on the Firebird as she comes into your town. Who knows what's next?

This is a pilot (hah) program for me, and just as experimental as the Firebird herself. If you want to see certain services (within reason) or wares (within even more reason) on the Firebird, let me know here!

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/14/2015 05:33 PM CDT
cough cough:: 50 count jars ::cough cough
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/14/2015 05:43 PM CDT
I should also mention that there's Fusion. The Fusion Shaman will be open at all times, but will only do one orbing a month per account.

Free subscriptions can also take advantage of Fusion on the Firebird, but with slightly higher stipulations to prevent abuse. Free accounts must wait three months from their first encounter with the shaman to begin receiving orbs, and then will be able to garner one once every three months. This was basically the only fair way I could come up with to not completely allow circumvention of the prescribed account limit.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/14/2015 10:04 PM CDT
Surprised I'm first.. but...

possible for Ilixil to show up to alter the talismans like what was done at EG?

Otherwise.. I'll be damned if you keep me on my toes with those training NPCs and damn near gave me a heart attack when I foolishly tried Level 13 Falvikob for a blood match against an NPC!

:-)

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 01:27 AM CDT
>possible for Ilixil to show up to alter the talismans like what was done at EG?

Ilixil's favorite place on the ship is not his shop, but the arena. I'd wager that he'll make occasional trips!

Auchand

Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 02:11 AM CDT
>>Ilixil's favorite place on the ship is not his shop, but the arena. I'd wager that he'll make occasional trips!

Yissss! I would love to see Ilixil around again, more Spirit Beast tinkering is always welcome.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 03:14 AM CDT
Does anyone know where the firebird docks in the landing? I read whe announcement on the front page, is this a future event or is the ship there now?
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 03:24 AM CDT

east of the north gate

map: http://forum.gsplayers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7296&d=1426407260 (wiki upload seems to be broken)

feel free to fill in shops: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/The_Firebird
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 03:39 AM CDT

Thankyou very much
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 04:02 AM CDT

http://forum.gsplayers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7297&d=1426409940

Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 09:23 AM CDT
More fusion access, great idea, thank you.
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 03:37 PM CDT
Hey Auchand,

Something I suggested in the Dev boards was searching out the possibility of getting temp resist (lightening, fire, steam, impact, puncture, etc.) potions for armor good for any number of hits. Sort of like the potions we got during RtCF for weapons.

The Legion's Ranger
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/15/2015 03:49 PM CDT
>Something I suggested in the Dev boards was searching out the possibility of getting temp resist (lightening, fire, steam, impact, puncture, etc.) potions for armor good for any number of hits. Sort of like the potions we got during RtCF for weapons.

This sort of thing sounds like it would fit really well on the Firebird. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with.

Auchand

Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/16/2015 12:09 PM CDT
Neat idea, Auchand. I would like to see 6x claids that hold spirit beasts in the pommels on the ship. Thanks.
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/16/2015 02:14 PM CDT
Hmmmm. Maybe I should make a fancy case for holding Spirit Beast talismans...

___
SGM of Premium, Promotions and Events
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/17/2015 07:16 AM CDT

you know, like a Ball... and they press it, and it could be a 'beast ball'

(runs)
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/17/2015 07:54 AM CDT
Hmmmm. Maybe I should make a fancy case for holding Spirit Beast talismans...
Tamuz

Yes please. Something that held them like jars so they did not count towards item limit and/or held them weightlessly would be AMAZING.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/23/2015 09:50 PM CDT
Where might the Firebird be parked at present? I asked around but everyone is apparently using the convenient gates and no one (at least no one about during the time of my inquiry) seems to know where it is physically located.

-- Faulkil

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/23/2015 09:53 PM CDT
as of last night it was outside one of the gates in Mule.
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/23/2015 10:16 PM CDT
I actually toured around the entire exterior of Icemule looking for it but no luck.

-- Faulkil

Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/24/2015 08:32 AM CDT
It's outside the North gate in Icemule, go the first room out, I think it's NE.
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/24/2015 05:39 PM CDT
Thanks for making me feel stupid (but more so for the help). I walked around from the east gate to the west gate and area surrounding and didn't even consider checking outside the North gate... For some reason I have a mental block that there is no North Gate in Icemule.

Really appreciate it!

-- Faulkil

Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/27/2015 12:53 PM CDT
>>Hmmmm. Maybe I should make a fancy case for holding Spirit Beast talismans...<<

It has to be a book of some sort that magically draws the talisman in.

Also if it could hold armaments too, that'd be super.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/28/2015 03:00 AM CDT
Is there a reason that the fusion shaman was closed? Getting reports from multiple people that you can no longer access him so tested it on my second account which I had not used to get an orb yet and was unable to get in to the shaman.

Thanks!

An announcer shouts, "Introducing our new combatant, Duskruin Arena Hero Durakar al'Yari Faendryl the Captain of the Mist Harbor Militia, hailing from Isle of the Four Winds!"
Re: Flight of the Firebird 03/28/2015 07:44 PM CDT

Yeah I'd like to know what's going on here as well.