IT'S A TRAP, or, Irrevocable Infernal Inferno Interception 04/02/2012 06:33 AM CDT
Last evening we finally set in motion the first of three efforts to dispatch and capture the duskborn, the airborne menace that, birthed from the hateful and (generally speaking) downright madness of the trapped Indhis. The very same that have been terrorizing the countryside for leagues abound.

After much hubbub made beforehand as a clever (as clever as I and the Prelate Godefroy can be, really) ruse, to the caves along the coast we brought several barrels worth of fetched oil and formed two battlegroups, one lead by myself and the other by Kilthal. There, the duskborn was lured into the caves and apparently crossed off 'troll meat' from its list of things to eat while vacationing in this plane of existence.

After several attempts for it to parlay with us and feed off our emotions, taking on the shape and form of people of our past (the Magister Orphia, Provost Paidreg Venquinor, and Her Grace Athalia) and, shortly thereafter several short scuffles, Carellus and his apprentice Mynalia revealed the plan- distract the creature while Carellus prepared to trap it in a hidden alcove and burn it with flame hotter than a Svala scorned.

Needless to say, we were both fortunate and successful- the essence of the duskborn has been condensed into a solid shard of dreamstone. That's one out of three, and we will not have the element of surprise nor the strategic advantage against the remaining two.

To conclude here, I would like to, even at this hour of our struggles, give the utmost thanks to the defenders of Solhaven and northern Vornavis and our allies fresh in from the north, including but not limited to the Order of the Silver Gryphon and their collective allies- it is for us all that we're fighting here, and I myself am glad you could make the party.

-Sir Bristenn Mires, Knight of Vornavis

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!
Re: IT'S A TRAP, or, Irrevocable Infernal Inferno Interception 04/02/2012 02:54 PM CDT
As a short addendum to the previous update, post-debacle a service was held up north at the Shore of Dreams by Mohrgan and Auragin, devout followers of Ronan. Other than the usual threats we've come to know and love by everyone's favorite father of nightmares Indhis, the Red Dreamer, we received through visions scant information on the whereabouts of the last Dreamwalker, Chaeye Larrinthe.

She is alive, but the sacrifice of Llumen to buy us time to seal away or otherwise deal with the coming of Indhis has taken its toll.

For now, until she returns to the fray, it us up to us and the hedgewizard and apprentice duo Carellus and Mynalia to carry on the fight.

-Sir Bristenn Mires, Knight of Vornavis

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!