Ride of the Red Dreamer Continues! 04/01/2012 01:23 PM CDT
After last night's extraordinary surprise conclusion to Ride of the Red Dreamer, I'm thrilled to announce the beginning of Ride of the Red Dreamer, Part II!

This quest has been specifically tailored to meet some of the requests players have made over the last year. We feel like we have a solid plan for this quest that meets all of these requirements and more. Some of the plans I've made with GameMasters Izzea, Sirina, and Roxia include:

1) Multi-year Storytelling: One of the biggest concerns we've heard about GemStone IV (and my quests in particular) is that they're simply not long enough. Ride of the Red Dreamer, Part II, is planned to span five years from start to finish. The quest will begin mid-April, then after a short six-month break, we'll have another amazing month of roleplay before the midpoint of the quest in 2015.

2) More Characters: The overwhelming support for returning characters like Chaeye and Morvule has convinced me that Ride of the Red Dreamer, Part II, needs even more characters from past quests. Over the course of Ride of the Red Dreamer, Part II, we'll be seeing visits from Eddric Jovery, Eryael, Thurfel, the Bregandians, and Spike the War Rat. Sometimes, you'll be seeing five or six GM NPCs (all portrayed by me) on screen at once! Now that's fungineering!

3) Starring Players: Both the Cataclysm and Ride of the Red Dreamer, Part I suffered from the lack of player-characters in starring roles. With the back-end development of our new "Favorite" button, I'll now be able to use StormFront to mark my favorite players and ensure that they receive the attention they deserve.

4) New Titles: What's better than titles? Longer titles! If you're currently a knight, dame, or magister, you're probably envious of Ta'Vaalor's Squire Legionnaires for the sheer length of their titles. If you don't have a prename title at all, you'll probably take what you can get. But never fear! We have an impressive set of new titles to release during Part II, including "Baronial Knight-Captain at Arms," "Magister of the Eighteenth Circle of Elemental Study," and "Deadly Runelord of Western Vornavis." When they see "Deadly Runelord of Western Vornavis David" arrive, your enemies will know they're in for a bruising.

We look forward to the re-beginning of this amazing quest line, and hope you'll be joining us!

Auchand

It's funnier in Enochian.
Re: Ride of the Red Dreamer Continues! 04/01/2012 01:50 PM CDT
<<... All that. ~Auchand

Happy April Fool's Day to you, too!

~EC, who didn't catch it until the 'Favorite' button, though we know it's there ;)
Re: Ride of the Red Dreamer Continues! 04/02/2012 06:19 AM CDT
>"Deadly Runelord of Western Vornavis David"

Sometimes less is more.

~ HH
Re: Ride of the Red Dreamer Continues! 04/02/2012 07:23 AM CDT

I'm calling "Mess with Red, You'll be Dead." title. Also, whose palm do I have to grease to get on the favorite players list? Since the storyline is spread out, can I make that in installments?

Divone, The AWESOME
Re: Ride of the Red Dreamer Continues! 04/02/2012 11:48 AM CDT

how can it continue when we did not even know it started or even ended?