First Impression 03/28/2012 11:19 PM CDT
Well I just heard about the happenings in Solhaven and wandered over there this evening. I figured, hey I'm a capped rogue, just how tough can these critters be?

Yeah well <ahem>, I survived...barely.

Nice job :) - this is gonna be fun.

Maynist
Re: First Impression 03/29/2012 04:51 AM CDT

Seriously.

These critters are no joke, and lots of fun! Anyone who was present for this evening's golem-swarm-carnage-fest-rescue-attempt-extravaganza can attest. Excellent work on these critters, I am having a BLAST...by which I'm referring to:

A ragged shadow man spreads her arms wide, then claps her hands together sharply, releasing a wave of crackling motes into the air!
You leap to the side as you try to avoid the effulgent volley!
The electrical charge is drawn to your hued kroderine platemail!
You stumble as you try to avoid a sparkling mote, falling to ground just as it hits you with a powerful jolt!
... 40 points of damage!
Right eye socket explodes in a dazzling array of multi-colored sparks. Shocking death.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
You return to normal color.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The layer of protection fades away.
You feel less confident.
You feel the extra courage wane.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 14 mins...

Kroderine fail. Random shadow man maneuver win.

*Mohrgan like*
Re: First Impression 03/29/2012 10:39 AM CDT
Definitely a carnage-fest. I felt like we needed Charlie Sheen to "go in to get the men who went in to get the men who went in to get the men."

- Metadi, the punny one
Re: First Impression 03/29/2012 01:15 PM CDT
I went back in last night, and the night before... after one foray the first night helping with rescue/clear out duty and then for exploration. The exploration trip taught me the hard way that riders implode. After learning that tidbit I've managed to stay alive by making sure they die fast and get as few chances to cast as possible. The whole place swarms crazily, which is of course part of the excitement.

All of this is of course secondary to story, and this story is looking more and more awesome as it develops. I love the fact that there is at this point so much backstory, because it has developed so slowly. I'm sure at many points some have wished for faster development, but what you've ended up with is really looking like a more organic story development, which is making for a richer story. Congrat's to the creators and participants alike.

Kerl
Re: First Impression 03/30/2012 02:13 PM CDT
Treasure is good in the disaster area, but be warned: Carrying 2-3 35 pound boxes can really ruin your day.

Maynist
Re: First Impression 03/30/2012 03:25 PM CDT
1) Weakling!

2) This type of area always has good treasure because new areas start out with maximal hunting pressure bonus. If everyone piles in and massacres them, it will come down, but the first into any new hunting area always have a treasure bonanza. Hunting pressure has degraded my Gattrof treasure down from its original obscenely rich levels, but I was getting top tier boxes off Erythro right until its end.
Re: First Impression 03/30/2012 07:35 PM CDT
When I heard of it and we discussed it in various channels I said it was essentially Scatter-like and be afraid.

-Geijon
Re: First Impression 03/31/2012 12:41 AM CDT
I found a 114 pound box today off a ragged shadow man...and lived to tell about it.

What I won't mention is what happened later when I forgot to go the bank and then wandered into the area with 35K in silver on me.

Maynist