Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/24/2012 09:42 PM CDT
Tonight saw action aplenty. First, the resident Duskborn attacked Vornavis again, and was repulsed. Local defenders in the Freeport sent up flares to wound it further, and it took offense, breathing fire on the north market.

Afterwards, it apparently transformed into a scaled woman, plummeting to the baron's bridge and leaving a blood-filled crater. As the scaled woman snuck off to attack Masters Carellus and Mynalia in their quarters, the blood in the crater turned into enemy critters, which were dispatched. Carellus and Mynalia escaped with light wounds.

After a short respite, a group lead by Alifair and Mohrgan went to the vespertae, and obtained the necessary viscera for the ritual to pierce the veil and talk to Mistress Orphia, the scholar (Raelee's begrudged understudy/interloper), who is trapped in the Library. We then began the ritual, with Magister Raelee conducting the extraplanar connection in rather grisly ways. Godefroy maintained the sanctuary protecting the area, and Carellus provided additional sheltering magics when the Duskborn attempted to interfere.

The interference took the form of both influences attempting to insinuate into the ritual, and foes loosed among the streets. Kilthal led the street defense while a strong group defended the Magister from possible interruptions (You all remember what happened when the last big ritual in the Freeport got disrupted, eh, eh?). We contacted Mistress Orphia and she told us (possibly as her last act) that we need some components to silence the Dreamer. They were: the wings of a dreamer's butterfly, nightshade, a nightmare steed's mane, the corpses of three creatures born of dreams. That last, it is believed, refers to the Duskborn, so we have to kill all three of them and collect the corpses. To the best of our knowledge, there is one around the Free Port, one near Icemule, and one on Teras.

We have a plan to trap the Solhaven one in a cavern on the north beach and kill it. This plan will involve possibly flasks of oil from the kobold mines. We shall reconvene early in the evening on Feastday next weekend. Come armed. Very armed.

- Metadi, for the defenders o' Solhaven
P.S. 03/24/2012 09:44 PM CDT
The critters remain unchanged from the earlier review, except that we saw further evidence that FoF can be used to get sirens hittable by strong squares.

- Metadi, the punny one
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 08:08 AM CDT
"Your daughter acted with both courage and honor, forging ahead in her research in manners that will surely aid the Barony of Vornavis and the Empire in general. She asked that we convey her greetings to you, as she readies herself to aid in turning back a great enemy to all life as we know it."

The white-robed priest pauses for a moment, before dipping his quill and continuing.

"Be proud, for her actions have cast a glimmering of hope into an affair that even the mightiest found daunting.

"With hopes of affecting a swift reunion, I remain

"Sincerely yours,

"Pr. Godefroy Kalason
Vornavian Church of Koar"

The prelate scatters some sand across the paper to collect residual ink, then quickly folds it, places it into an envelope, and seals it with a blob of golden wax. He tugs a nearby bell pull, and an acolyte enters quietly. "Get this to the Hall, and from there to Orphia's parents. She deserves that, at least."

Great times last night. My favorite was when the vesperti brain was missing, and I think we were all trying hard not to make brainless jokes.

~Godefroy

Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 09:20 AM CDT
While most of us tried hard not to, Raelee certainly did not hold back. She had a biting remark to Carellus(sp) about. I was laughing so hard I spilled my beer on my desk.

Good times definitly. I just wish I had realized how the collection of the parts would take place. I spent all week hunting vesperti hoping to find the parts. I hunt them anyway, but I redoubled my efforts this past week. Oh well, live and learn. I look forward to enjoying the continuation of this event next week.

Thanks to all the GMs involved!

Ekal's hands
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 09:29 AM CDT
<<I look forward to enjoying the continuation of this event next week.

It should be noted that there is a definite time set for next week so you can all plan accordingly. I believe it was around 6 on Caturday? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Misuniruni

It is known
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 12:27 PM CDT
Thanks for all of the summaries, guys. Just so everyone can see it... here's the exact text of the parchment delivered through the portal:

To craft a Seal of Dreams, you must acquire the following:
the wings of a dreamer's butterfly
the mane of a nightmare steed
a sprig of nightshade
the corpses of three creatures born of dreams
Bring these things to a body of water where death lives and boil in a cauldron, then steep a soulstone to collect the fluid that remains. Place the soulstone on the sleeper, and she shall not wake.
This is all I know. Tell my mother I love her.
--O.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 12:28 PM CDT
>While most of us tried hard not to, Raelee certainly did not hold back. She had a biting remark to Carellus(sp) about. I was laughing so hard I spilled my beer on my desk.

Glad to be of service! Having a filter on one's mouth is absolutely no fun. I try to avoid that.

Thanks for the help on the vesperti hunt. Looking forward to more messy carnage next week.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/25/2012 12:55 PM CDT
>It should be noted that there is a definite time set for next week so you can all plan accordingly. I believe it was around 6 on Caturday? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Around 5PM or 6PM PT, yes. In response to recent posts on the Solhaven forums, I'm trying to have at least one scheduled piece of roleplay per week. I'd tried to make it clear last Saturday that Carellus was planning to be back this Saturday evening, but it seemed like a good idea to be absolutely clear about the message this time around so there was no confusion.

That doesn't mean nothing will happen during the week. In fact, I might have a surprise for you guys in the very near future. Ahem.

Auchand

It's funnier in Enochian.
Re: Piercings of the Veil, Nightmare Blood in the Streets 03/27/2012 12:01 AM CDT
Figures the week I take off everything happens... Tonight was fun though! Keep up the good work!

Eahlstan's Player