Smoke On the Water (Fire in the Sky) 03/17/2012 08:27 PM CDT
Today throughout the course of the evening, Solhaven was rocked by several earthquakes. Following these, the adventurers gathered repelled repeated waves of sirens, dreamstone-studded golems, hounds and other assorted creatures. Following the last wave, another of the Duskborn was spotted in the sky over Solhaven, and shortly thereafter wounded by a blast of flame coming from South Solhaven.

There, we met Carellus Ranheles and his apprentice Mynalia, responsible for wounding the creature and driving it off. After brief introductions, we had learned that he is a hedgewizard from the inner lands of the Empire, specifically practised in the elemental art of flame (this being a talent that, given the amount of power channeled through his staff, seems to destroy them quite rapidly).

Next, we convened at a location wherein the walls between planes are thin- the Garden of Forbidden Knowledge. After a brief period of time it was determined that Magister Orphia, gone missing along with Sir Vectrus, was trapped in another plane, specifically within the Library of Fash'lo'nae. It was decided to be far too rash and costly a maneuver to open a portal to it immediately, despite the fact that Magister Orphia is not only trapped but now holding knowledge we require to eradicate the Duskborn and, quite possibly, what can be done about our previous troubles (that I'll not summarize here).

That being stated, we shall reconvene with the wizard Carellus and his apprentice next weekend. Be on the look out for him then, and in the meantime be on your guard.

-Sir Bristenn Mires

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!
Re: Smoke On the Water (Fire in the Sky) 03/17/2012 09:03 PM CDT
A few critter notes.

Sirens: Bolting vulnerability, can cast sympathy. May be melee-engagable with enough FoF

Hounds: En masse, their clouds can make a room unsurvivable.

Barghests: Tough, but beat on them. Noncorporal. Use groups.

Wyrms: Can burrow. Wardable

Golems: Prevent dragging.

- Metadi, the punny one
Re: Smoke On the Water (Fire in the Sky) 03/17/2012 10:27 PM CDT
Gah, sorry I missed it. Family movie time intervened. I'll try to be around next weekend, though - and a bit more in the interim.

Big question - what were they attacking Vornavis for... or who?

~Godefroy

Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Smoke On the Water (Fire in the Sky) 03/18/2012 09:53 AM CDT
To the best of my knowledge... We don't know.

- Metadi, the punny one