Letters to the Baron and the Hall 01/30/2012 01:41 PM CST
A messenger approaches the guard at the gate to Vornavis Proper, bearing two identical letters - each written in an impeccable hand on ivory vellum and sealed with golden wax. One is addressed to the Baron, the other to authorities within the Hall of Mages in Tamzyrr.

I am writing to address a potentially disastrous dereliction of authority in regards to the Hall of Mages' supervision of advanced magical activity within Vornavis. It has come to my attention that Sir Vectrus has departed Vornavis and cannot, at present, be contacted. While it is not my place to criticize this man's activity, his timing is most unfortunate.
Problems catalyzed by activity within Solhaven's Temple to Ronan have caused a dire need for the swift, likely premature casting of experimental planar magic within the region colloquially known as "South Haven" in order to prevent a calamity that will doubtlessly have adverse effects on the Empire as a whole. The Hall has realized a need for a greater presence within Vornavis following several past incidences, and I do fear another such incident is on the horizon without the oversight and authority of Sir Vectrus.
In lieu of further instruction, I will continue to pursue this course of research as I was so charged to do by Sir Vectrus on the 27th of Charlatos, 5110. However, I am concerned about the possible consequences of his absence and beseech you to name a qualified, knowledgeable interim substitute - whether it be locally or sent from one of the colleges - in order to not only protect this Barony and the Empire, but the integrity of Hall of Mages and her scholars as well.
Your swift attention is most appreciated, given the gravity and immediacy of this situation. If further clarification is required, I am prepared to provide it on your command.
By my hand,
Raelee A. Svala, Magister

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."