Duskborn 01/30/2012 05:51 AM CST
Last night, a little before midnight, one of the creatures that had escaped from Indhis' dream decided to test its luck against the walls of Vornavis. It made several passes over the city, and ultimately received a few volleys of arrows for its trouble. Succumbing to the wounds, it crashed into the bay. It was at this point that the priest, Volgust, was found at Charl's Quay.

Volgust, the same priest who completed the rite that flooded the town several years ago.

He told us that Charl himself has taken an interest in the situation with the Dreamer, and came to him in his meditations regarding a rite that could strengthen the prison that keeps the Dreamer sealed away. After some words, he stated that it would require a piece of the Duskborn, the name given to the creatures that escaped the prison already. The one that was taken down tonight was consumed by the sea, so I would have to assume whatever is needed by that one has been recovered by Volgust, or otherwise will be when needed.

The rite itself, however, he doesn't know about, and that will require accessing Fash'lo'nae's Library. It was at this time that another Magister, Orphia, arrived at the Quay.

(OOC note, this is around the time I had to bail for the night. Stuff needs to happen earlier! I'm going by notes Metadi supplied now, as I didn't overhear much of this)

Orphia believes that the walls between planes can be penetrated by the vesperti (a theory established a while back by Avelorre's experiments), and some discussion regarding the possibility of constructing a golem of sorts, or controlling a vesperti to pass through the planes and access the library ensued.

There was also some discussion about turning one of the Duskborn into plinite, or an attempt to do something of that sort.

For the moment, the plan appears to be twofold. One part of the plan is going to involve defeating the Duskborn and acquiring from them the "components" needed for the rite. Unless something else presents itself, this is going to be a matter of killing the things and "harvesting" what we need. The second part of the plan is going to involve the means to access the Library and recover the knowledge of the rite.

Upon success of both, Volgust has offered to perform the rite to strengthen the prison that contains Indhis. I feel it would be irresponsible to not point out that we know full well what happens when we have Volgust perform rites for us, however necessary they may be.

Random notes: Orphia and Raelee do not get along. Sir Vectrus is currently missing, having been sent to Wehnimer's during their recent troubles and having neither returned nor sent word back. Orphia says this isn't entirely unusual for him. The Baron was not receptive to Orphia's suggestion that she take Sir Vectrus' place in his council.

-Aydan