Broken things 11/28/2021 05:28 PM CST
Hi Retser. My wife and I purchased another ship this week to set sail on the high Elanthian seas with a different set of characters. In the process of our maiden voyage we managed to find some weirdness when using a mechanical crossbow in the same room as the cannons.

>stance def
>ready ammo
>load my ruic crossbow

You are now in a defensive stance.
You remove a single dark butternut bolt from a bundle of dark butternut bolts.
You need to be holding a cannon ball in order to load the cannon.

It does not appear to be possible to load a mechanical crossbow when in the area as the ship's cannons. The immediate solution was that we started fighting the pirates in a different area. Also, I can hold a bolt in my other hand and fire it in the cannon room but there doesn't appear to be a way to add additional bolts back into the crossbow.

I BROKE YOUR THING! Or YOU BROKE MY THING! Or... something is broken.

Honestly not sure if this is an OSA thing or a mechanical crossbow thing to fix but my initial thought is that it has to do with the Cannon Room and not the mechanical crossbow script.

Let me know if it would be helpful for me to bug a room or an item or provide a log or something.

-- Robert

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Broken things 11/29/2021 03:12 AM CST
I'd bug the room, honestly. Then again, I'm not a GM. Feh.
Re: Broken things 11/29/2021 01:50 PM CST
>> I'd bug the room, honestly. Then again, I'm not a GM. Feh.

Maybe you are a future GM and you just don't know it yet?

I'll make it a point to bug the room this evening.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Broken things 11/30/2021 01:13 AM CST
>>Maybe you are a future GM and you just don't know it yet?

Never gonna happen. I like my playtime too much to go down that road. Cheers.
Re: Broken things 12/18/2021 12:38 PM CST
We managed to break something else while we were at it!

- Our SLOOP departed from Kraken's Fall.
- We arrived at the docks in River's Rest.
- We conducted some business there.
- We both fell asleep in the Captain's Quarters (logged out)
- Much time passed.
- When we logged in we were both in Kraken's Fall but the SLOOP was in River's Rest.

Maybe when a ship makes port it would be good to tag the ship and all of its passengers as being associated with the new port?

-- Robert

Re: Broken things 12/23/2021 01:28 PM CST
Some additional weirdness when logging in to an existing docked ship. Maybe this will help with troubleshooting the prior issue.

[me logging back in after being out maybe 15 minutes.]
You have unread news articles. Click view to see the first new article.

[Sending you off the ship as it is docked to prevent logging in on the wrong ship.]
[North Dock, Drenched Thrak Pier]
Five distinct piers made of water-roughened oak and teak come together to create a large docking structure with ample room for portage. Cork and canvas bumpers pad each docking slip, and the soft sound of waves slapping against wooden support posts fills the air. A carved driftwood sign reads, "Drenched Thrak Pier - Slips 1-5." You also see a slender gangplank and an aquamarine sloop.
Obvious paths: north, east, south
>

>look
[Sloop, Captain's Quarters]
Sunlight filters through a large, glass-paned window, illuminating a tattered map spread out on a wooden table in the center of the cabin. A logbook lies open on a straw bed near a wooden chair piled with freshly laundered garments. Nautical charts are tacked to the wood-paneled walls, all scribbled with illegible handwriting, one drawn with a giant sea monster. You also see a large red-footed falcon, the blue Kodachii disk and a wooden waste bucket.
Also here: Kodachii
Obvious exits: out
>

-- Robert

Re: Broken things 01/02/2022 02:05 PM CST
Usually the ship bird lets you know you have to wait a bit before you can get another task. It looks like the timing is a bit off at present.

The sea eagle flies in and gracefully lands in its thatch nest. A pristine Teasurii note falls from its leg into the nest.
>get note
You get the feeling you'll need to wait about a minute if you want another task.

-- Robert