OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/13/2020 02:11 PM CST
Hey everyone, I'm rolling the update live for Ports, Ship Birds, and an ocean re-mapping. It will be ready shortly after some initial testing in the live environment.

Ports

A new port will be added to each of the following cities: Teras, Solhaven, the Landing, and River's Rest.
The port comes equipped with a boatswain, a handler, and a ship shop. You will need to sail for Kraken's Fall to upgrade your ship!
When storing your ship for the first time it will have that as its "current/source" port. You can check which port each ship is at with the SHIP INFO command.
You can pay 50,000 silvers to transfer your ship from one port to another and it takes 30 minutes. You can check your status of this in SHIP INFO.
There is no limit to the number of ships you can dock at a single port.

To Access OSA
Solhaven : Solhaven, North 'Haven Quay
Landing : Wehnimer's, North Dock
River's Rest : River's Rest, Dilapidated Pier
Teras : Copper Avenue, West Docks

Ship Birds

You can purchase a nest and bird for each ship in Kraken's Fall at the crew shop, All Hands.
After you have stored and re-launched your ship you will have a new nest in your crow's nest.

Bird (inside the nest)
You can GET <BIRDNAME> to get a new task while in your crow's nest and your nest is present. It will fly off and return with a note you can further interact with. The flight time will vary between 30 and 90 seconds depending on the severity of the weather. Only one person can use the bird at a time.

Turn NOTE will turn in your task if it is finished.
Get NOTE will let you get a new task.
You cannot EXPEDITE tasks from your bird.

Birds cost 1 mil for small ships, 2 mil for medium ships, and 3 mil for large ships. You will need to buy a bird for every ship.

Ocean Re-map
The ocean has been re-structured to better flow across the ocean instead of being more square like. This also opens up future expansions in certain areas. Things won't be where you last remembered them to be.
https://gswiki.play.net/File:ElanthiaOcean.png

Retser, SGM
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/13/2020 05:15 PM CST
Is that, "it is required that you make distinct purchases (of a bird) for each ship on which you desire to have one resident (bird comes with a nest)"?

Or is that, "You Will Need To Buy A Bird For Every Ship." (It is required that each ship possess a bird. Go buy one.)
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/13/2020 07:59 PM CST
The former, this is an optional upgrade.
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/13/2020 08:02 PM CST

This is currently live in Prime?
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/13/2020 08:09 PM CST
This is live, I bought a bird for my ship and had it transferred to the new port at Solhaven as well.

Just a question, though. Can crew members on the ship who are not the owner also use the bird's service to turn in and grab new tasks?
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 03:06 AM CST
Yussss, excellent!

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

You see Blood Mayor Cruxophim the Blood Reaver.
“Blood for the Blood Mayor! Skulls for the Skull Office!”

[ Storyline: https://goo.gl/HNbwpC ]
[ Order of the Shadow: https://goo.gl/88Ojff ]
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 05:44 AM CST

Hrm...

Sings, "A three hour tour..."

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 03:41 PM CST

Who would I see on Kraken's Fall and/or what commands do I use to transfer my sloop from Kraken's Fall to the Landing?

Goldstr
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 06:12 PM CST
Ask the dock handler (same dude who retrieves/stores your ship) about transfer.
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 06:43 PM CST

Wow! Thanks option was not shown for the Handler's questions BUT it did work! And only 20k when I think the GM said 50k. Great and thanks again
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/14/2020 09:12 PM CST
So...likely a bug?

Logged off in my Captain's Quarters while docked in the landing. Came back today and was dropped at the Kraken's Fall Handler.
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/15/2020 01:20 PM CST

I just sailed from Kraken's Fall to Teras Isle and it was amazing. This is such a great addition to the game. Thank you!
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/15/2020 02:21 PM CST
I would like to second all the praise. I sailed my sloop from Kraken's Fall to Solhaven yesterday, then took a couple jaunts out from that area (and even sailed to the Landing and back). This is an impressive system, and I'm absolutely thrilled to have such an engaging new hunting+ option that I can use based out of the town I've considered my home for nearly two decades now. Thank you so much for all of the work already put into the system and the future plans. I'm especially glad to see how receptive to feedback you have been as well as open with your communication on how things are progressing.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: OSA Update - Ports, Ship Birds, and Ocean Re-map! 11/17/2020 12:57 PM CST
Okay, I just pushed in two changes.

1. Your bird should not give you additional time between bounties anymore when you turn it in. I cleaned up the extra "fake task add".
2. When being cleaned off your ship I'll have it try to use your source port first before using the default of Kraken's Fall.
3. There was a bug where being saturated was blocking your use of the note, that is changed.
4. Notes are now bound to who sent it and each one is destroyed on use.
5. It takes 1 bird per trip. 1 for get task, one for turn in task.

Retser, SGM