Part 1: Trip into the Feithidmor's lair 08/08/2010 03:49 PM CDT
Here’s the log of the Trip in Solhaven. This log as been cleaned up a lot...it has taking me sometime to do this clean up, so I hope you enjoy it. Anything in () is me sumerizing up the situations we were in and what we’ve done. I also tried to show all the rooms that we came across, for those that would like to see the inside of the underground area.

go crack
Motharan says, "Go kurut"

[Linden Tree, Roots]
The thick roots of the linden tree intertwine to form a sort of canopy. Worms and grubs wriggle deeper into the dirt and centipedes scurry under stones and root ends. Loose dirt seeps down from above. The smell of fresh, rich soil pervades the area. A large, jagged stone leans against two of the larger roots. You also see a narrow crack high in the wall between the roots.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni, Lady Songie, Lord Anterrio
Obvious exits: none.

(The group slowly gets through the crack and we await for one more member for a while. Also, visions through my familiar show me of the battle taking place outside the tree, people dying and fighting and such)

[Linden Tree, Roots]
The thick roots of the linden tree intertwine to form a sort of canopy. Worms and grubs wriggle deeper into the dirt and centipedes scurry under stones and root ends. Loose dirt seeps down from above. The smell of fresh, rich soil pervades the area. A large, jagged stone leans against two of the larger roots. You also see the Stefinn disk and a narrow crack high in the wall between the roots.
Also in the room: Charna, Lord Paole, Stefinn, Dannielle, Lady Lyranni, Lady Songie, Lord Anterrio who is kneeling

You crawl through the crevice, being careful not to scrape yourself on the sharp rocks that surround you.

Roundtime: 3 seconds.

[Linden Tree, Roots]
The roots of the linden tree create a low, narrow tunnel that inclines slightly. Loose dirt filters down from the latticework of roots overhead. The sound of the softly cascading dirt is reminiscent of the rasping breath of a dying man. A small, angular stone juts up through the floor. You also see a small crevice.
Also in the room: Lord Paole who is kneeling, Charna who is kneeling, Dannielle, Lady Songie, Lord Anterrio, Lady Lyranni
Obvious exits: down.
Stefinn comes crawling in on his hands and knees.

You smile.

(Finally, all grouped together again, I’m still seeing visions through my familiar of the battle outside)

[Linden Tree, Roots]
The roots of the linden tree create a low, narrow tunnel that inclines slightly. Loose dirt filters down from the latticework of roots overhead. The sound of the softly cascading dirt is reminiscent of the rasping breath of a dying man. A small, angular stone juts up through the floor. You also see the Stefinn disk and a small crevice.
Also in the room: Stefinn who is kneeling, Lord Paole, Charna, Dannielle, Lady Songie, Lord Anterrio, Lady Lyranni
Obvious exits: down.

(We try doing stuff with the angular stone, but it does nothing. Behind the roots in this room is a centiped that bites you and poisons you. Nothing else, it does)

Lord Anterrio's group just went down.

[Tunnel, Chamber]
The tunnel here is wide enough to be considered a small chamber. The sloping, uneven floor is a jumble of scattered rocks and stones, making footing uncertain. The roof is formed by an intertwining latticework of roots. The soil is very black and moist, almost muddy. The sound of water dripping can be heard from somewhere in the darkness ahead.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni, Lady Songie, Dannielle, Charna, Lord Paole, Stefinn, Lord Anterrio
Obvious exits: up, down.

(In this room, if you look at the soil, you see something moving under it, and then if you look under the soil, you see a mole, it did nothing. There were also some scattered rocks about that did nothing.)

Lord Anterrio's group just went down.

[Tunnel, Abyss]
The floor of the tunnel is uneven and strewn with rocks and clods of loosely packed dirt. The sound of water trickling on stone echos weirdly through the gloom. The chamber ends in a deep, jagged abyss. You also see a hanging root.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni, Lady Songie, Dannielle, Charna, Lord Paole, Stefinn, Lord Anterrio
Obvious exits: up.

glance root
You glance at a hanging root.

snif root
You CAN'T be serious. The root is too far away to even touch!

l abys
You ease slowly up to the edge of the deep abyss. Despite the gloom of the tunnel a ledge is barely visible across the abyss. A thick white root dangles above it. A stress fracture in the stone forming the side of the abyss looks like it might be traversed by a strong climber.

Anterrio eases cautiously to the edge of the abyss and peers into the gloom.
Songie eases cautiously to the edge of the abyss and peers into the gloom.
Dannielle eases cautiously to the edge of the abyss and peers into the gloom.
Charna eases cautiously to the edge of the abyss and peers into the gloom.

clim abys
Very creative idea. Silly, but creative.

Think
You rub your chin thoughtfully.

clim root

(Ok, so there’s this root hanging there..We just can’t figure out what to do with it yet...So, we turn our attention to the stress fracture in the abyss.)

You tap a stress fracture.

You say, "climb it"

You point at a stress fracture.

Charna cautiously approaches the fracture in the rock and slowly begins to work her way down. Before she gets very far a look of shock passes over her face.

Charna tries to scrabble back onto the ledge...but fails! Charna slides down into the abyss!

Stefinn cautiously approaches the fracture in the rock and slowly begins to work his way down. Slowly, he descends down into the stress fracture in the side of the abyss.

<<A slight scratching noise makes you look up at the linden tree. Peering back at you is a small chipmunk, studying you with a quiet intensity.>>
(This is a sight from my familiar...right, like a chipmunk would really be in the tree during all the fighting and everything else going on right next to it...sorry, I just had to point that out)

Paole cautiously approaches the fracture in the rock and slowly begins to work his way down. Slowly, he descends down into the stress fracture in the side of the abyss.

You cautiously approach the fracture in the rock and slowly begin to work your way down. With great skill and infinite care you manage to descend into the stress fracture.

[Abyss, Narrow Chute]
This stress fracture in the rock forms a sort of narrow chute. The rock is striated in such a way as to afford small handholds. The abyss, just inches away, gapes menacingly. One slip, one wrong move and disaster awaits. You also see the Stefinn disk.
Also in the room: Lord Paole, Stefinn, Charna, Lady Lyranni
Obvious exits: up, down.

(Ok, we go up and down in the abyss for a while, looking for a way to go. The Solhaven group happens to run into a few other folk from the RR and the Landing group that have fallen into the abyss and died or were injured. They end up disapearing and aren’t seen by me or my group after we get back up-top the abyss and try figuring out that hanging root...oh yeah, I’m still seeing killing and fighting and so on through my familiar here and blah, blah, blah...you know)

You feel a sensation of loss as you lose contact with your familiar.
(Damn, there goes my watching entertainment...)

(During our investigation of the lower area of the abyss and the spot with the hanging root, we found out that the person holding the Baton could not drop it, put it in a container or use it for anything else...however, we could hand the baton back and forth with each other. So, while looking around, we are at the same time, trying to figure out how to get that baton out of the holders hand to free up both hands for climbing.)

l
[Abyss, Bottom]
Jagged, dagger-sharp rocks, barely visible through the gloom, are strewn about the uneven floor of the narrow abyss. The air is thick with dust. Far above, remotely distant, is a soft halo of faint light.
Also in the room: Dandee who is lying down, Lord Paole who is lying down, the body of Lord Sammeal who is lying down, the body of Lord Frijthof who is lying down, the body of Armundia who is lying down

(See, Sammeal, Frijthof, and Armundia also, Dandee joins us. And Dandee and the others are not part of the Solhaven mission team, the come from RR or the Landing...oh yeah, this is the bottom of the abyss. You get here from either falling from top, or from climbing and walking down safely. I found myself down here the first time, falling the last part of the climb down here.)

Charna offers you a dark gnarled baton. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Charna's offer and are now holding a dark gnarled baton.

You carefully examine the gnarled baton and determine that the weight is about 2 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

prep 405
You concentrate on the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.

cast baton
You gesture at a dark gnarled baton.
The essence swirls as it flows in a fog of chaotic patterns around the baton. You can't make any sense from the patterns.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

put baton in my cloak
Magical forces surrounding the a dark gnarled baton prevent you from doing that!

Think
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
You ask, "dare i wave it?"

put baton in stefinn disk
Magical forces surrounding the a dark gnarled baton prevent you from doing that!

wav baton at root
The room you're waving the baton in isn't the right one! You need to be in a room with one of the linden trees in it!

(Ok, the baton can’t be used for anything, we finally figured that out. It is just to be held by one person that is leading the group.)

Anterrio says, "breeze again charna"
The hanging root settles back into place.

You ask, "what i miss?"

Charna gestures.
A strong breeze suddenly picks up and begins to blow around in different directions through the area!

Songie says, "that root"

The breeze causes the root to begin swaying.

Lyranni says, "Breeze blows the root "

Stefinn says, "How bout cast Tonis at it"

prep 505
You concentrate on the Hand of Tonis spell...
Your spell is ready.

cast root
You gesture at a hanging root.

(At this point, we realize that we need to make the root swing by casting breeze or call wind. However, we cannot seem to grab hold of the damn thing when it swings our direction!)

The root swings towards the south end of the abyss.

The root swings towards this side of the abyss.

go root

jump root

(We try for like 9 or 10 minutes with the swinging root, and take a break to check out this boulder that is in the very first room we entered when we came into the crack in the tree. When looking behind the boulder, you could see a small crevice, so we push on the boulder)

Lyranni leans into the jagged stone and pushes with all her might. With a groan, the stone gives way and tumbles from its resting place. The roof supported by the stone begins to give way, and spreads to a full cave in. Rocks begin to fall all around you.
Lyranni is crushed by the falling stone...
... 15 points of damage!
Blow to chest causes Lyranni's heart to skip a beat.
She is stunned!

Rocks continue to fall around you.

One of the rocks strikes Paole...
... 1 point of damage!
A feeble blow to Paole's left arm!

One of the rocks strikes Dannielle...
... 1 point of damage!
A feeble blow to Dannielle's right arm!

One of the rocks strikes Songie...
... 1 point of damage!
A feeble blow to Songie's right arm!

One of the rocks strikes Anterrio...
... 5 points of damage!
Jarring blow to Anterrio's back.

One of the rocks strikes you...
... 1 point of damage!
Blow nicks your right hand.

(Can we say, damn...tough break. That boulder pushing did nothing except give us a few scratches from a small cave-in. Ok, back to the root!)

(On our way to the root, we stop to play around with the centiped and mole some more to see if they do do anything, but they don’t from what we found. Ok, finally, someone gets the correct command down when the root was swinging towards the side we were on.)

Songie leans forward, gets a running start, and tries to jump the deep abyss.
About a quarter of the way over, it appears Songie is not going to make it. With a little quick thinking and a lot of luck Songie manages to grab a root hanging from the ceiling, but her grip appears unsteady at best.

gawk
Your jaw drops.
Anterrio coughs.
Lyranni blinks.
Charna gasps.
You ask, "how?"

Anterrio exclaims, "cast wind!"

prep 912

Songie asks, "Jauckha whats your CM?"

You concentrate on the Call Wind spell...
Your spell is ready.

Cast
You gesture.
A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
The wind then subsides.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

The wind forces the root to begin swaying.

l
[Tunnel, Abyss]
The floor of the tunnel is uneven and strewn with rocks and clods of loosely packed dirt. The sound of water trickling on stone echos weirdly through the gloom. The chamber ends in a deep, jagged abyss. You also see a root with Songie hanging from it and the Lyranni disk.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni, Lord Paole, Jauckha, Charna, Wakim, Lord Anterrio
The root swings towards this side of the abyss with Songie still clinging to it.

(Ok, if that show of Songie, a 91 trained cleric, hanging from the root isn’t a funny sight, I don’t know what is...hahahaha!)

The root swings towards the south end of the abyss and Songie manages to release the hanging root at just the right time to make it to the other side.

(Finally, after swinging on the root for a minute or two, like it was a play thing, Songie finally gets to the other side. Ok, at this point, I’m wracking my brains like mad cuz I wanted to swing on the roots, too! I cast call wind a few times to keep the root swinging and finally, I too, figure out the correct command to jump to the root!)

(this attempt for the root, is when it was on the other side, but at the moment I was still trying to figure out how to jump to the root)

jump abys
You gather up your courage, get a running start, then just as you reach the deep abyss you stop suddenly, overcome with fear.

The root swings towards this side of the abyss.

jump aby
You gather up your courage a second time, get a running start, then try to leap over the deep abyss.
About a quarter of the way over the deep abyss you realize you're not going to make it. With a little quick thinking and a lot of luck you manage to grab a root hanging from the ceiling, but your grip is unsteady at best.

l
[Tunnel, Abyss]
The floor of the tunnel is uneven and strewn with rocks and clods of loosely packed dirt. The sound of water trickling on stone echos weirdly through the gloom. The chamber ends in a deep, jagged abyss. You also see the Lyranni disk and a hanging root.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni, Lord Paole, Jauckha, Charna, Wakim, Lord Anterrio

Charna says, "How"

You say, "jump abyss when the root come this side"

The root swings towards the south end of the abyss and you manage to release the hanging root at just the right time.

[Tunnel, Abyss]
The tunnel floor here is mostly stone covered with loose dirt and clods of mud. One wall of the tunnel is formed by a massive boulder which leans precariously overhead. The face of the boulder has been shattered, leaving three large slabs of rock heaped at the base. Water trickles down the face of the boulder and runs into a natural cavern to the east. To the north is a deep abyss.
Also in the room: Lady Songie
Obvious exits: east.

Songie points at a rock slab.

Songie seems to be trying to figure out how to turn a rock slab.

l slab
It must have taken tremendous supernatural forces to shear this massive slab of stone from the boulder.

push slab
That would accomplish nothing.

l boulder
This immense wall of stone has been recently shattered. The face of the boulders glistens as a thin sheet of water trickles down from above.

clim boulder
You can't do that.

clim slab
You can't do that.

Songie leans into the rock slab and gives it a good shove. The slab rocks unsteadily for a moment, then topples over, finally resting across the abyss.
Songie exclaims, "ha!"

(Ok, I didn’t realize there were more then 1 rock slabs, but Songie did, and she created the bridge over the abyss. Now, everyone comes across and we group back together)

Songie points at a small fissure.

l fis
You see nothing unusual.

(Under the first rock slab is a fissure, which is the correct way to go, but we didn’t realize that at this point)

go fiss
You crawl through the fissure, being careful not to scrape yourself on the sharp rocks that surround you.

[Tunnel, Small Fissure]
This fissure is nothing more than a wide crack in a massive boulder, riven by the formidable magic that created these tunnels. Craggy, cold stone looms oppressively on all sides, above and below. Tiny cracks and fracture lines appear everywhere in the stone. To the south is a high stone ledge.
Also in the room: Lord Anterrio who is kneeling

l led
This formidable stone ledge is quite high, beyond the reach of all but giantkin.

clim ledge
You grab ahold and climb the stone ledge.

(Ok, says just out of reach except for Giantkin...then damn, I sure am one tall fricking dark elf, cuz can reach the ledge and climb up)

[Tunnel, Ledge]
This is a tall, narrow band of dark stone, dropping off sharply on both sides. To the north it descends into a small fissure. Toxic fumes rising from stress cracks in the fissure disturb the air, making it dance and shimmer. To the south the ledge plummets into a bowl-shaped pit filled with sand and dirt. You also see a large root.

l root
You see nothing unusual.

pul root
I'm afraid that you can't pull that.

clim root
[Tunnel, Small Fissure]
This fissure is nothing more than a wide crack in a massive boulder, riven by the formidable magic that created these tunnels. Craggy, cold stone looms oppressively on all sides, above and below. Tiny cracks and fracture lines appear everywhere in the stone. To the south is a high stone ledge. You also see the Lyranni disk.
Also in the room: Jauckha, Lady Songie, Wakim, Charna, Lady Lyranni, Lord Paole, Lord Anterrio

Anterrio exclaims, "get out!"

Anterrio taps a small fissure.
Songie gestures at Anterrio.
Anterrio's skin takes on a more pinkish tint.
Lyranni says, "Can't"
Anterrio kneels down.

ra eye
Anterrio just crawled through a small fissure.
You give your eyebrow a little workout.
Paole gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You ask, "what you doing?"

Songie says, "go out"

You ask, "why?"

A hissing sound escapes from the cracks.

You feel lightheaded and dizzy. Bright spots flash before your eyes. You are seized by a fit of deep, lung-wracking coughing.
Songie sways slightly and staggers. She is suddenly seized by a fit of deep, lung-wracking coughing.
Wakim sways slightly and staggers. He is suddenly seized by a fit of deep, lung-wracking coughing.
Lyranni sways slightly and staggers. She is suddenly seized by a fit of deep, lung-wracking coughing.
Paole frowns and coughs roughly.

(Ok, out we all go...damn, now me and everyone else in my group is poisoned! Stupid gas! So, now we avoid that area for now, but we come back to it)

You crawl through the fissure, being careful not to scrape yourself on the sharp rocks that surround you.

[Tunnel, Abyss]
The tunnel floor here is mostly stone covered with loose dirt and clods of mud. One wall of the tunnel is formed by a massive boulder which leans precariously overhead. The face of the boulder has been shattered, leaving three large slabs of rock heaped at the base. Water trickles down the face of the boulder and runs into a natural cavern to the east. To the north is a deep abyss. You also see the Lyranni disk and a large slab of rock bridging the abyss.
Also in the room: Lady Lyranni who is kneeling, Jauckha who is kneeling, Lord Anterrio
Obvious exits: east.

Health
You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 82
Remaining Health Points: 67
You are feeling pretty good.

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 10

Poisoned! Taking 14 damage per round. Dissipating 1 per round.

(Now, we leave that area and head east, instead of back into the fissure)

Lord Anterrio's group just went east.