Screen scroll during invasions 12/30/2017 11:17 PM CST
How the heck do people manage it? Seriously.

Sothog's player
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/31/2017 02:12 AM CST
Type FLAG or SET

Description ON Display room descriptions.
RoomBrief OFF Display the full text of the room description.
CombatBrief OFF Display normal battle descriptions.
CombatNoNumbers OFF Display normal battle descriptions.
CombatSelfFull OFF Display your own battle descriptions like others.

Some of these may cut down scroll. I don't use them and prefer to be go it alone instead of limiting the info I see, but possible tools to cut down on scroll.
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/31/2017 09:22 AM CST
In addition to Roblar's suggestion, there is also ;briefcombat if you use lich scripts.

And, during invasions/storylines I find it helpful to have my speech window open so that I can actually see what people are saying when the screen is scrolling so fast. Sadly GM monsterbold and recites/songs do not appear in the window, but it does help quite a bit.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/31/2017 12:04 PM CST
In addition to the previous suggestions - all of which I second, having issues dealing with scroll myself - I highly recommend turning links off if you use Stormfront during invasions. (Options > Advanced > Show Links deselected.) I get disconnected from too much scroll if I have those on during invasions, but between that and combat brief, those disconnects are reduced substantially.

Lastly, again if you use SF, having the Room window open can be highly useful to help keep an eye on others in the same area - in case they get stunned or knocked over. There's a person # cap for when that shows up as being disabled, but so long as you're under it, it's great for those scenarios.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/31/2017 05:01 PM CST
>>>I highly recommend turning links off if you use Stormfront during invasions. (Options > Advanced > Show Links deselected.)

If it helps, ALT+L is a quick and dirty keyboard shortcut for toggling links in StormFront!

GameMaster Necios
Overlord of Icemule Trace
Champion of subject/verb agreement
Honorary BADNAME committee chair

Annanasi says, "The symbol of the Arkati Necios is a cuddly teddy bear on a field of pink."
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/30/2020 01:26 PM CST
I definitely do some of these suggested things to help with scroll when I remember it, mostly so I don't contribute to lagging the game out.

The way I deal with it most of the time, and I know it is one of the least helpful offerings thus far, is to go with it. If my character can't hear or see certain information in a desperately hectic scenario, I ask other people what the heck happened, which gets reports coming in from all over (other people are confused too, so chatter is good).

Or, I start moving; If the world goes white all around you, and you land on your back after some hangtime in the air, you probably shouldn't stay where you are when you get up.

Highlights are your friend. Even if you aren't able to read the words, you will recognize the colors and what they mean. They break up the text, you'll get better 'screen scroll' eyes, and soon be able to read almost every line unless someone drops in like a super villain and blasts the room.
Re: Screen scroll during invasions 12/31/2020 10:55 AM CST
>>Highlights are your friend. Even if you aren't able to read the words, you will recognize the colors and what they mean.

This x1000. I have so many awareness highlights to help, and it's great. Though some of the event messaging I wrote must have included a phrase I had highlighted in a "good stuff but need to make sure you see it" colour...I startled myself more than once firing off some messaging and having it show up in all purple inexplicably.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"