Krolvin Invasion Rant 07/18/2012 12:48 PM CDT
This Krolvin Invasion is getting completely ridiculous. Almost absurdly so. It's gotten to the point where I can barely move about town without winding up dead. There doesn't seem to be any set point where they come and go and practically any part of the map is their roaming point. I suppose the only saving grace is the simple fact that they don't come inside buildings.

It's gotten to the point where tables are actually getting full of people who don't want to deal with the absolute idiocy of dying to something triple their train while they turn in a task. I know I can just get out of town but I shouldn't have to avoid a major hub of business and social interaction (even low level hunting areas, the higher level Krolvins have leaked down into the carrion worm and sea nymph area) just to avoid death.

Does anyone else have this issue of constant harassment?

(I do realize it's an invasion and hey, cool. But seriously? What's the point of playing if I know that I can't do anything but hunt and camp at a table? I've actually had to remind myself that I'm paying for the game in order to start playing again.)

---
You couldn't prepare for me any more than you could prepare for the sky falling or the Earth beneath your feet splitting open.
Re: Krolvin Invasion Rant 07/18/2012 06:16 PM CDT

It's a war, not a simple invasion.

~
From behind the cell door, a giantman's gruff voice shouts, "You should have killed me when you could have!"
Re: Krolvin Invasion Rant 07/18/2012 06:25 PM CDT

Kenstrom posted the war would be coming to a close this coming sunday, so the danger factor has both increased and decreased as the story as progressed. (went down when the guys attacked the krolvin home city..lotta ships left for home)

Being inside is a good thing, lets you hide from the raging snowstorm around town.

Lochiven
Re: Krolvin Invasion Rant 07/18/2012 07:36 PM CDT
Fascinatingly enough, my baby monk has made it to level 5 in the Landing without dying a single time. He's had maybe two cmans performed on him and received two minors running to the pawnshop or what have you. That was at level 0 or 1 during the sprite quest. Since then, I got hit one time and that was because I was hunting them instead of running past...at level 5.

I do not see the issue. If my level nothing monk can survive along north ring road and everywhere else, so should you...any of you. If you're going to run through town at level 1 or 3 or 4, with no weapon or shield or runestaff in hand, well...that's plain stupid. Get some spells, keep your weapons out and quit saying you can't handle it. The only danger in town is the cold wind.

~Galenok