Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 10:57 AM CST
Would it be a good idea to remove the spell stripping mechanism from the Challenge Arena entrance (footpath), so that spellcasters don't have to respell up before bashing the snot out of other festival goers?

And to put up signs in Giantkin that only six people can read designating which two out of the five arenas allow casting?

Also, thanks for finally bringing these back.

~Eugenides, The Last

Countless incarnations of Eugenides begin to fill the marketplace, one by one erupting into flame.

(OOC) Belnia's player whispers, "KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!!!!!"
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 11:59 AM CST
>Would it be a good idea to remove the spell stripping mechanism from the Challenge Arena entrance (footpath), so that spellcasters don't have to respell up before bashing the snot out of other festival goers?

Nope, that's intentional. Much like in the gladitorial games, spell users should have to spell up immediately before entering the arenas. This is an attempt to level the playing ground.

>And to put up signs in Giantkin that only six people can read designating which two out of the five arenas allow casting?

This is also intentional. These are Highman Games, designed for the giantkin. A few concessions have been made for giving instructions on the more step-intensive games, but, for the most part, you just need to hunt down a giantman -- this is a social event, after all -- and get them to translate, or ask someone else if they might know.

I will, however, place a "large red Saramar rune" on the two that allow magic. Fair enough?

~Talisker
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 12:03 PM CST
>This is also intentional. These are Highman Games, designed for the giantkin. A few concessions have been made for giving instructions on the more step-intensive games, but, for the most part, you just need to hunt down a giantman -- this is a social event, after all -- and get them to translate, or ask someone else if they might know.

That's... why I said to put up signs in Giantkin... ?

>I will, however, place a "large red Saramar rune" on the two that allow magic. Fair enough?

Or that!

~Eugenides, The Last

Countless incarnations of Eugenides begin to fill the marketplace, one by one erupting into flame.

Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 01:00 PM CST
>That's... why I said to put up signs in Giantkin... ?

There's already a sign in the Arena Nexus (the large NOTICE) that tells which two rooms allow magic. It was already set to be readable only by giantmen. ; )

~Talisker
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 02:23 PM CST
>There's already a sign in the Arena Nexus (the large NOTICE) that tells which two rooms allow magic. It was already set to be readable only by giantmen. ; )

How am I supposed to know that if I can't read Giantkin!?!?

~Eugenides, The Last

Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 02:44 PM CST
Yeah but, most giantkin can't read anyway. You should have signs in common and the giantkin can ask others to read it for them.

Kerl
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 02:54 PM CST
>Yeah but, most giantkin can't read anyway. You should have signs in common and the giantkin can ask others to read it for them.

Remind me to let you read my claidhmore, next time I see you in game. ; )

~Talisker
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 03:08 PM CST
<<Remind me to let you read my claidhmore, next time I see you in game. ; )~Talisker>>

Still compensating I see.

See you in the challenge arena.

-Kerl
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 03:25 PM CST
>Still compensating I see.

LOL Okay, I was taking a swig of Coke when I read that. My cat and my monitor don't appreciate what happened next. <g>

~Talisker
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 03:30 PM CST
You did a cat take?

Cat take (noun): A cat take is where you do a spit take on your cat which startles it. Causing it to fly across the room and do damage to delicate equipment, either of an electronic or anatomical nature.

~Jay Webster

"Seriously, when I see "Uninvited" cartoon hearts flutter around my head."
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 03:53 PM CST
<<Cat take (noun): A cat take is where you do a spit take on your cat which startles it. Causing it to fly across the room and do damage to delicate equipment, either of an electronic or anatomical nature.

Knowing Talisker, he probably spit all over his monitor and used the cat to wipe it up.

At least that's what I'd do.

GM Scribes
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 04:25 PM CST
>Cat take (noun): A cat take is where you do a spit take on your cat which startles it. Causing it to fly across the room and do damage to delicate equipment, either of an electronic or anatomical nature. ~ Jay

>Knowing Talisker, he probably spit all over his monitor and used the cat to wipe it up. - Scribes

It was something of a cross between the two!

~Talisker (who had to change shirts after the Coke spray stained it, and cat scratches got blood on it)
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 04:33 PM CST
I was imploded in the arena and sent to TSC in the landing with all rank 3s (but alive)!

Still the thug that you love to hate
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 05:38 PM CST
>>It was something of a cross between the two!

>>~Talisker (who had to change shirts after the Coke spray stained it, and cat scratches got blood on it)

If it makes you feel any better, I almost had a similar incident while reading about yours. However, the fact that I work on a laptop means that I am still recovering from having sent a large amount of coffee into my lungs.

I'm not sure if I hate you and Scribes, or if I greatly admire you for proper use of a cat.

~the Muse behind Traiva...and others
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 06:53 PM CST
All of the arenas appear to be anti-magic now. As well as the room outside the southwest arena.

~Eugenides, The Last

Re: Challenge Arenas 02/05/2010 07:45 PM CST
>All of the arenas appear to be anti-magic now. As well as the room outside the southwest arena.

We're having problems with certain spells and the magic arenas. I don't know how soon, or if we can fix them before the festival is over, but, for now, they are non-magic only. I'm sorry. We'll see what we can do.

The one holding room that's not allowing magic, I'll fix.

~Talisker
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/06/2010 04:12 AM CST
A word of warning to arena patrons -- it's possible to get the "immobilized" status effect stuck on you permanently. My guess is that if you're "killed" when under the influence of the warcry which freezes you, the status never clears, which happened to two of us tonight, and it took Andraste to clear the effect.

-Grendeg
Challenge Arenas 02/14/2010 09:33 AM CST
Would be sweet if one of the challenge arenas could make it into the lands full-time, with spells functioning of course.

Still the thug that you love to hate
Re: Challenge Arenas 02/14/2010 01:39 PM CST
Find a Helden member.

There was a player that used to organize monthly pit fights.. but.. that player isn't around anymore.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath