Highman games prize: blue-grey rolaren full plate 06/09/2013 12:38 PM CDT
All,

I was fortunate enough to win second place in an event which gave me the option to win this plate. It has a nice show, although otherwise unscripted, and a nice loresong.

Mechanically, it's just 4x plate.

As I am a paladin with a rolaren weapon and shield, I thought this would be the set of armor to slowly work on (enchant, lightening, etc) and be my set.

I promptly hit a snag; merchants won't lighten it. The GM said there's a note from the owner to not alter or lighten it unless the loresong is removed. I can understand the loresong restriction to alteration, as the plate is mentioned several times, but why is it restricted to lightening?

I'm happy with the plate just the way it looks/sings. As I won an EZscript package yesterday, I would like to use those scripts to reinforce the theme it already has... but I need it to be lightened long term. Encumberence equals maneuver death, especially when armor support can't be available.

If the item creator should read this, can you please verify the intent of the GM-only notes to restrict lightening?

Thanks,

Morden, player of.