Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/07/2013 08:48 PM CDT
What a great way to end the day.

I may toss cabers like a baby gnome; Have an embarrassingly lower tolerance for alcohol than anticipated; and pull a rope like its attached to the anchor of the Glaesen Star...

But I do enjoy a good story!

The medal obtained is really nice. Just a couple of questions for Drotta and Griva though.

1. Like other contest winners so far, do I get a signature verb too for first place? I was so excited with the win and getting that sample of your ale, that I forgot to ask.

2. Do we get access to a unique title that reflects successes, like we did three years ago e.g I still have access to 'Drinking Game Champion' (which I can't in all conscience use now, since I was rubbish today at that game)

Thanks.

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/07/2013 11:16 PM CDT
>1. Like other contest winners so far, do I get a signature verb too for first place? I was so excited with the win and getting that sample of your ale, that I forgot to ask.

Unless this prize was different, the three prizes are a 1) a custom verb or swear, 2) rolaren plate armor, or 3) a scripted claidh.

First place gets choice of the three.

Second place gets choice of remainder

Third place gets what left.

Any can elect to choose an item of premium 7 in lieu of prize.

Congrats! I hope the session was logged to be posted somewhere for later reading; I was distracted and unable to attend, beyond about 60 seconds of Japhrimal's story.

Morden, player of.
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 04:59 AM CDT
If its like the caber, you just get a gold medal and the ability to wear a champion title.
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 08:22 AM CDT

Great event! I took particular pleasure in this year's event (my first Highman games). I definately enjoyed being able to spar with a couple of Wehnimer's Most Wanted. While they may be criminals (formerly known as) they gave me a run for my handwraps. Drangell-1 Myrogue-3; ready for your next licking?!
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 11:02 AM CDT
<If its like the caber, you just get a gold medal and the ability to wear a champion title.>

That's not right. Caber Toss medalists get the same prizes STUDTMANNJ listed. Also, silver and bronze also get the champion title (event Master title should go to others involved that didn't medal).

If that didn't happen at the event, winners should assist. In fact, I believe Grima came in to help with some issues afterwards so it was probably already fixed.
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 02:22 PM CDT
>If that didn't happen at the event, winners should assist. In fact, I believe Grima came in to help with some issues afterwards so it was probably already fixed.

Griva removed a couple of bugs that had been added along with the champion titles. I'm not sure anyone got the master titles (though I wouldn't have noticed it happening since I had that one already from the 1st games.) I only noticed the champion ones being handed out (with bugs) and then the dwarf had to be called in to clean up the mess the giant had made of the titles (the shame of it).

I thought it was a bit stingy compared to the first games but the standard was a lot lower. I think there were only about 3 of us seriously trying to record the top score we could so I wasn't that surprised when there were no prizes or even RPAs this time.
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 03:59 PM CDT

Oh the stories were all good, nice to see Brem win tho, that was the best of the stories

Anyone face Drangell? and or log there fights with em? I missed it bout would love to see how some fared with him.
Re: Highman Games -Storytelling Contest 04/08/2013 05:19 PM CDT

Bremerial's story was the best, though Dendum will always claim dwarven favoritism and loaded dice as the reason.

Mine was unfortunately not as epic, but 5 minutes is not a lot of time to throw together an epic gnome style poem!

Good games kudos to the staff who made it happen.