Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/05/2013 07:15 PM CDT

Very soon, the hillside will be open to visitors and competitors alike!

Competition tonight will include the Shield Slalom, and you might want to brush up and take a read of the signs posted near the starting line!

Practice, also, might be in order! This is a daring and dangerous (maybe deadly!) challenge, and if you don't stay agile and alert you could perish on the course!
Try out your LEAN LEFT, or a JUMP (and other variations!). You probably don't want to just hop on and hold on, and hope for the best, believe me!

Bear in mind that during the official competition, ONLY dwarves and giants can place in the top three. Other races are welcome to ride, but the top three prize winners are restricted to those two races.

Participants must SURVIVE the course to win!

Drotta will be along around 10:30 PM EST to run the official race! Spells will be stripped and competitors are to be without any items which might boost any skills! Each participant will be checked for boosting items and asked to remove and store them before beginning. Failure to do so will disqaulify the participant, so please, check before you get checked to help speed everything along!

Good luck!

~S
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/05/2013 07:52 PM CDT
<<<Drotta will be along around 10:30 PM EST to run the official race! Spells will be stripped and competitors are to be without any items which might boost any skills! Each participant will be checked for boosting items and asked to remove and store them before beginning. Failure to do so will disqaulify the participant, so please, check before you get checked to help speed everything along!>>>

I always knew it was just a matter of time before the TSA infiltrated Elanthia.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/05/2013 08:53 PM CDT
So are we supposed to buy a ticket to get to teras or will travel be free for the event?

It was said to be open to all but as a new player I am not paying 50k to attend if thats the case.
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/05/2013 09:37 PM CDT

he resident dwarf that loves these games has said he will reimburse your ticket price if you wish to attend, but I dont speak for him myself, I just have heard word of it.

Also if your a younger character and in premium, you can always use the premium halls to transport, if you under 20 trains I think its only 5k??
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/06/2013 02:22 PM CDT
>> [t]he resident dwarf that loves these games has said he will reimburse your ticket price if you wish to attend...

SHE I believe...assuming you are referring to Bremeriel!

AEL
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/08/2013 12:11 AM CDT
Thank you GMs for running this event.

I loved these Games from the moment they captured my imagination when the giantkin docs were released years ago; and I was thrilled to actually see them come to life 3 years ago and return again this weekend.

I know the race restriction thing might not make it super popular but for what it is, I hope it comes around more often!

And with Hammer Throwing! ;) Still the only official event I haven't taken part in.
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/08/2013 08:33 PM CDT
Thank you to the GMs for running this event! It was a lot of fun.

I was curious if the winners were supposed to have received their e-mails with prize redemption instructions yet? Just wanted to be sure nothing got lost in the mail. Thanks.
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/09/2013 01:47 AM CDT
The grounds don't close until 12th April and the games are still accessible. So it's still possible to test your skill until then. I haven't had an arm wrestle or mastered the slalom yet so I will be staying to do that. And I'm determined to win at least one tug of war. (Just need to find a gnome to challenge!) It ain't over til the fat dwarf sings!

And on that note...

On Wednesday at 7pm EDT (10th April 2013) we are having One Last Caber Toss Challenge, before the Giantmen put the equipment in storage for a year.
-
All are welcome.
-
There will be cash prizes for 1st to 4th places ranging from 5mil silvers to 1mil silvers.

If you've left Teras and need the boat fare to get back lickitysplit, then let me know. If you are still on Teras, and don't have any other overriding commitments, come have some fun.

(Similar post in PC)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Wedding Log

It's coming!

Haha

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/09/2013 06:20 AM CDT
Same rules? No enhancives or spells?
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/09/2013 01:52 PM CDT
<<Same rules? No enhancives or spells?

Yep. Same rules.

-

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/10/2013 01:56 PM CDT
Reminder

Caber toss contest Today! (Wednesday) - Leyan, day 10 of the month of Olaesta.

7pm EDT

Hope to see you there. The ground close tomorrow and so it's a good opportunity to make the most of the games.

Ok off to do some promoting. Haha.

-

Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/10/2013 08:24 PM CDT
In the evening on the 11th of Olaesta (Thursday evening), Drotta will pop in for an unofficial Slalom race!
Look for her around 9 PM in Plat and 11 PM in Prime!

She will spin for 3 groups, no more than 15 total (5 people max. per group), and those people selected will be divided by total count, and in order of spin selection, will race.

The first place winners of those three heats will then race for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

She has some nice prizes to award the three winners, and consolation prizes for the other competitors who did not win, but did race!

Winners are determined by high score of their own heat. For instance, if Sue scores 780 in heat 1, and Joe score 800 in heat 1: Joe wins. Shirley in heat 2 wins with a 700 score. Sue does not enter the final instead of Shirley, even though Sue's score is better than Shirley's. Shirley and Joe go to the finals because they each won their heat, and Sue didn't.

Practice! ASK the timekeeper, located at the finish line, for HELP and she'll give you some advice on how to race!
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/11/2013 02:41 AM CDT
<<In the evening on the 11th of Olaesta (Thursday evening), Drotta will pop in for an unofficial Slalom race!
Look for her around 9 PM in Plat and 11 PM in Prime!

Ooooo well 11pm .... I may just be able to make that as its 4am friday morning for me. Is these a prize for who can get hit by the most branches, rocks and outcroppings? If so, then rollover boys. First place is mine!

Hopefully the timekeeper will give some tips... And a bigger shield

:D

-

Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/11/2013 06:58 PM CDT

Plat's event is in just about an hour!

Prime's is in about three hours!

ALL races are eligible in this unofficial run!

~Sherlise
Re: Highman Games! (for Prime) 04/25/2013 02:06 PM CDT
As one of the competition winners I was told I'd receive an email about getting my custom verb/swear and so far I haven't gotten one, just wondering about that.