FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/08/2021 10:26 AM CDT
For full context, you may want to read the document released last week: https://gswiki.play.net/Erithi_Funeral

Welcome to Blossoming Skies! A new shop with some new ways to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. While it is drawn from erithi culture, we feel it will benefit all and be a fine addition to the Vaalor's festival.

You glance down to see some gold-edged crimson incense in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>light my incense
With calm reverence, you light some gold-edged crimson incense and wisps of dragonstalk-scented smoke twist through the air.

>wave my incense
You reverently wave your crimson incense, sending dragonstalk-scented tendrils of smoke across the area.

>pray my incense
You carefully hold the burning crimson incense and murmur a few prayers for the dead.

--

G>read parch
In the Common language, it reads:
Each tea jar bears the symbol of their dai, and the tea within is the traditional shiri tea. Crystallized lotus should be added to the Eloth and Volnath brews, and the Valaka blend is best with fresh honey. Otherwise, these are best brewed as-is when performing the shiri rai'kan, lest one overwhelm the traditional flavors.

>glance
You glance down to see a sturdy black agate teabowl veined with crimson and gold in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>attend my teab
You solemnly run your fingers along the golden wyvern inlay of a sturdy black agate teabowl veined with crimson and gold balancing on your palm and whisper a benediction.

>raise my teab
You raise your sturdy teabowl high and whisper a reverent toast.

Messaging shown is for non-erithi. If you're an erithi, you may have slightly different messaging on the funeral versions of each of these.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/10/2021 09:35 AM CDT
I was answering some questions in Discord last night as I laid in bed, getting ready to read and sleep, and I wanted to share the extra info I shared there here as well, since I'm a firm believer on not forcing you to go to discord to learn things!

1. Incense: There are 2 types, general and funeral. The shop has several funeral ones themed after each erithi dai's preference as delineated in the funeral doc, as well as one that is Vaalor themed, since it is FotF after all! There are also a handful of general incenses for sale. Messaging is different. Both support adding extra scents to a stick of incense that you can then rotate through. There is a detailed ANALYZE with information. [I may at some point in the future add additional tiers and include a way to toggle between general and funeral usage, but that is not the case at this time] [Oh, and you come up with the custom scents -- they just have to work with the messaging, so something like "lemony vanilla" or "strawberries and cream" would be fine but "the smell of the tears of my enemy" would not]

2. Teabowls: While there are 2 types, general and funeral, you can actually toggle the setting yourself between the types. Brewing tea and coffee is inventory intensive enough, so at my QCer's awesome suggestion, I made this one toggle-friendly out of the gate. Messaging is different between the two types.

3. Brewable teas: Yes, these leave tea leaves (and yes, the bowls will have the tea leaves). The funeral ones are all new, one for each Dai with erithi racial messaging and one for Vaalor with elven racial and Vaalor culture messaging. The ones on the cart are from the OG CCF, so they have been released before, but I don't think they get out and about a lot (I could be wrong, I was gone a long time!).

4. Clothing: Two outfits, fit for an erithi funeral. For applicable items, the LotusWear layered clothing script is on them.

For both incense and teabowls, if you are an erithi (or an erithi watching another erithi manipulate the item), you will get different messaging for the funeral versions.

You should also test your traps while lit/unlit, held/not held...filled with a drink/empty. You know, just to see what you find out.

Many many thanks to my awesome QCers (Aiza for incense, Vanah for teabowls, Isten for messaging for both) who made these scripts way better with their guidance and suggestions for improvement. A special shout out to Vanah for updating a few additional scripts that needed to be updated so my teabowls worked with the brewing system.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/10/2021 02:10 PM CDT
Could you post the messaging or specify how long the custom scent can be, so people can prepare? How many scents can be added in 1 service?
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/10/2021 02:53 PM CDT

A merchant may also add additional charges to your incense with the possibility of unlimited charges under special circumstances or when the PERM-ifier is available.
Can you confirm it is approved for the permifier and if so how much will it cost?
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/10/2021 03:33 PM CDT
>>Could you post the messaging or specify how long the custom scent can be, so people can prepare?

I'm not going to post all the messaging. I've given a few examples of scents already, but I'll give a few more.

Some of the messaging uses -scented with it. So, for example: "A wisp of lemon and verbena-scented smoke." Sometimes it uses the scent by itself. For example: "carrying the scent of lemon and verbena with it."

Suggestions for layout:
lemon, orange, and grapefruit (this would push it if you used adjectives...but three quick scents like this would probably be okay)
lemon and orange
lemon zest and vetiver
salty ocean breeze
burning leather and sweat
rotting seaweed and dead fish

>>How many scents can be added in 1 service?

One.

>>A merchant may also add additional charges to your incense with the possibility of unlimited charges under special circumstances or when the PERM-ifier is available.
Can you confirm it is approved for the permifier and if so how much will it cost?

I can confirm it is approved for the permifier. I don't recall the exact price we settled on, but it is in line with other items, according to the owner of the permifier script.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/14/2021 06:58 AM CDT
Could the analyze for the incense include the scent of that incense?

Is it pretty easy to see what can be changed scent wise once you see it in action?
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/14/2021 07:33 AM CDT
I can look at updating to show the scents in analyze, sure. If you have more than one, it's easy to poke through them to see what they are too.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/14/2021 08:15 AM CDT
Oh and also, yesterday I updated the incense analyze to explain better how to alter scents.

Here's what the new analyze looks like:
You analyze your satin-wrapped incense and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
Erithi Incense for General and Funeral Usages

This incense is set for general usage. It can have up to seven custom scents that you can POKE to cycle through. This can be altered with a base, long, and show (merchant dependent). A merchant may also add additional charges to your incense with the possibility of unlimited charges under special circumstances or when the PERM-ifier is available.

Scent Setup:
These should be real scents (ocean breeze, zesty lemon, cinnamon) and NOT ideas (tears of my enemies). You can combine a few scents, but it must work with phrases like "the scent of (insert scent here) or "(scent)-scented smoke." Example: some smoke smelling of zesty lemon and rotting fish OR the zesty lemon and rotting fish-scented smoke. Any more than 3 would get too unwieldy, and it is up to the merchant for their comfort level also.

The incense has special messaging for GAZE, PRAY, AND WAVE. Additional tiers may be forthcoming. Messaging varies if lit or unlit, held or not held, and if it is funeral incense, the special messaging also varies if the activator is an erithi.

Placing it on the ground or ON an item will restrict the item so no one else can pick it up. Once it is picked back up by that person, the restriction will be cleared so you can give it to anyone.

Your incense has unlimited charges.

Your incense has the following scents:
marigold and iris
crushed violet
lavender and lemon
crushed rose, fresh violet, and vanilla

There may, from time to time, be a rare opportunity to win a custom fluff message for use with your incense as well. It activates off HUG when holding lit incense. You can have a first person, third person if not hidden/invisible, and third person if hidden/invisible. The actual text doesn't have to have anything to do with HUG; that is just the activator. This is a delayed service requiring QC.

You get no sense of whether or not the incense may be further lightened.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: FotF 2021 Teaser: Blossoming Skies 09/14/2021 08:51 AM CDT
Thank you for including the scent(s) in the analyze.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.