A gold leaf parchment 11/14/2019 09:26 PM CST
Once again, Ta'Vaalor honors the dead with its biannual Festival of the Fallen. A weekend of shopping, services, and a combat tournament are in store for those who choose to attend (sadly there are no games this year). At 9 pm as the elves tell time on Day of the Huntress, the 15th day of Eoantos, the path to the arena grounds will open and festivities will begin. The tournament will be held on Restday, the 17th of Eoantos at 5 pm as the elves tell time. Participants will need to sign up at 2 pm as the elves tell time on Restday at the bonfire on the inner walkway. Representatives will be there to register those who wish to participate in an orderly manner. All are welcome and those who hold full citizenship in any town may choose to fight as a representative of their home. A full schedule of events is posted below for any who wish to make preparations.

Service Schedule-All Times Eastern
Friday, Nov. 15th
TimeServiceRestrictionsNo. Winners
9 pmFestival Opens
10 pmRaffle-Grobey Auction Quality Unlocknone1
11 pmRaffle-Permabless+40 and below, HCW and below, no claids, katanas, or naginatas1
12 amRaffle-Lasimornone10
Saturday, Nov. 16th
12 pmRaffle-Creaturebane Weapons(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)No undead bane, no stacking banes, 7x and under, no claid/katana5
1 pmRaffle-Spike adding armor/shieldnone25
2 pmRaffle-Creaturebane Runestaffs(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)No stacking existing banes5
3 pmRaffle-Enchanting (+1)150 services and below, no claids, naginatas, final enchant must be below +40, 1 service per item20
4 pmRaffle-Rikelle Auction Quality UnlockItem must be on person, no swapping, must be present to win2
5 pmRaffle-Acuity/Mana boosting (Mana boost by +1, Acuity boost by 1x (bolt AS +5, CS +3)Maximum of +3 mana or +30 acuity5
6 pmService-Fusion SafepryingNone30
7 pmRaffle-Set of Baking Pans (1 muffin/cupcake tin AND 1 brownie pan)None1
8 pmService-Magic Item Recharging1 item per accountunlimited
9 pmRaffle-Bolt of aqilornnone1
10 pmRaffle-Add Morphing Armor to FusionMust have fusion armor already10
Sunday, Nov. 17th
2 pmTournament Signups at Bonfire
5 pmTournament Begins
1/2 hour after tournament endsBall

~Mazreth

"Mother should I trust the Government?"
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 12:03 AM CST
On the other hand it's nice that not all festivals are a generic template with just the names changing. Looking forward to this.
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 05:37 AM CST
Do the Grobey and Rikelle auction quality unlock raffles require having lower-tier Grobey/Rikelle items already?

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 09:21 AM CST
Maybe it's just me, but that's hard to read.

All Times EasternService Schedule
Time Service Restrictions No. Winners

Friday, Nov. 15th

9 pmFestival Opens
10 pmRaffle-Grobey Auction Quality Unlocknone1
11 pmRaffle-Permabless+40 and below, HCW and below, no claids, katanas, or naginatas1
12 amRaffle-Lasimornone10
Saturday, Nov. 16th

12 pmRaffle-Creaturebane Weapons(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)No undead bane, no stacking banes, 7x and under, no claid/katana5
1 pmRaffle-Spike adding armor/shieldnone25
2 pmRaffle-Creaturebane Runestaffs(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)No stacking existing banes5
3 pmRaffle-Enchanting (+1)150 services and below, no claids, naginatas, final enchant must be below +40, 1 service per item20
4 pmRaffle-Rikelle Auction Quality UnlockItem must be on person, no swapping, must be present to win2
5 pmRaffle-Acuity/Mana boosting (Mana boost by +1, Acuity boost by 1x (bolt AS +5, CS +3)Maximum of +3 mana or +30 acuity5
6 pmService-Fusion SafepryingNone30
7 pmRaffle-Set of Baking Pans (1 muffin/cupcake tin AND 1 brownie pan)None1
8 pmService-Magic Item Recharging1 item per accountunlimited
9 pmRaffle-Bolt of aqilornnone1
10 pmRaffle-Add Morphing Armor to FusionMust have fusion armor already10
Sunday, Nov. 17th

2 pmTournament Signups at Bonfire
5 pmTournament Begins
1/2 hour after tournament endsBall

Between Permabless, bunches of spikes, and adding Morphing to existing Fusion, it's nearly enough to make me want to go spend some time in Elfie-Lands.

When you say "+1" for the Enchant, do you mean a true "New-style 925 == +1", or do you mean "1x == +5"?
Guessing: the second one.

Enchant restrictions in that column represent the maximum ENDING value to which a weapon can be changed (+35 can end to +40), or the maximum value an item can START at (+45 could end at +45)?
Guessing: the first one.
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 11:30 AM CST
<<When you say "+1" for the Enchant, do you mean a true "New-style 925 == +1", or do you mean "1x == +5"?

It means the enchant of the item will increase by +1, not +5.

<<Enchant restrictions in that column represent the maximum ENDING value to which a weapon can be changed (+35 can end to +40), or the maximum value an item can START at (+45 could end at +45)?

The final enchant after the service is performed cannot exceed +40.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 11:49 AM CST
I'm glad you understood my mis-type of "(+40 could end at +45)"; derp.

Thanks for clarifying!
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 12:00 PM CST
<12 pm|Raffle-Creaturebane Weapons(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)|No undead bane, no stacking banes, 7x and under, no claid/katana|5|>

Does that mean naginatas are allowed?

<2 pm|Raffle-Creaturebane Runestaffs(common/uncommon flares OR +10 AS)|No stacking existing banes|5|>

Does that mean undead bane is allowed?
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 12:25 PM CST
<<Do the Grobey and Rikelle auction quality unlock raffles require having lower-tier Grobey/Rikelle items already?>>

I can't speak for Grobey, but I can speak for Rikelle, and yes the auction quality unlock raffles will require having a lower-tier item already.

~Zoelle~
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 12:59 PM CST
<<Do the Grobey and Rikelle auction quality unlock raffles require having lower-tier Grobey/Rikelle items already?

Grobey has agreed to add the script to any eligible shield. He'll have to look at the shield to determine eligibility, but most shields work just fine.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 01:01 PM CST
Will the permabless have holy water flares?
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 05:12 PM CST
<<Will the permabless have holy water flares?>>

Yes.

~Zoelle~
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 05:59 PM CST

<<Will the permabless have holy water flares?>>

Late breaking news: The permabless will unfortunately NOT have holy water flares after all. I apologize for any potential confusion but this was just updated.
~Mazreth

Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 06:47 PM CST
To clarify some confusion, is full citizenship of somewhere required to take part in the arena fights? Or just to "rep" your home town?

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 07:23 PM CST
<<To clarify some confusion, is full citizenship of somewhere required to take part in the arena fights? Or just to "rep" your home town?

Only if you want to represent a town. Everyone is welcome to participate in the arena fights if they want.

~Mazreth

Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/15/2019 07:36 PM CST

are the rules posted somewhere?
Re: A gold leaf parchment 11/16/2019 12:42 PM CST
<<are the rules posted somewhere?

Rules are same as last year. One on one combat until one cannot continue. Self spelled only, arena also strips, rapidfire, retribution, arcane barrier, and elemental targeting upon entry.

~Mazreth