random timestamp messaging 09/09/2017 09:39 AM CDT

I'm not sure if its to do with the festival or not but I've seen several random times messaged since I've been here. Maybe one of the scripts on offer here is malfunctioning in some way and putting out a third person ambient in time format?
Re: random timestamp messaging 09/09/2017 10:15 AM CDT
<several random times messaged

This is a known issue with the gates that we've been unable to duplicate and correct. It's not a forgotten issue, just a very sneaky bug.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: random timestamp messaging 09/09/2017 11:44 AM CDT
It's been going on for years. I think it started when the documents were required. It's really not affecting anything. Just a weird thing to see sometimes.

Chad, player of a few
Re: random timestamp messaging 09/10/2017 10:13 AM CDT
>This is a known issue with the gates that we've been unable to duplicate and correct. It's not a forgotten issue, just a very sneaky bug.

I've seen it about 15 times so far, so whatever causes it is pretty common at the festival.

I'm always standing inside a gate, and I always see the time as someone comes through the gate. e.g.

>
9/21/2017 22:33:23 CDT
Squire Legionnaire XXX just strode through the Annatto Gate.
>

As far as I can tell, those people that trigger the message when they come through a gate, always trigger the message, and its always the same date.

Its always been daytime when papers aren't required, but I suspect the time is when the character in question was issued papers, since all the dates have fallen within a month of the present.
i.e. I suspect Squire Legionnaire XXX last acquired/updated papers on 21st September at 22:33:23 CDT