Delirium Stats 04/06/2021 06:51 PM CDT
Delirium Manor did very well this run. There was an uptick from last year's numbers when we ran it the same way.

We gave out 16,390 entries via GIFTBOX. We had a total of 44,230 entries to the event. We drained ~98.1% of all tickets generated this run. We sold all 100 50-entry booklets for Duskruin. The other SimuCoin items had very low sales, 1 of each guild pack sold, and that was it. Ten cores were found, only 6 cores were used this run. We had 181 interesting finds. The obelisk took in 265,000 tickets, the common treasure took in 115,170 tickets, and the uncommon treasure took in 379,500 tickets.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Delirium Stats 04/07/2021 02:24 AM CDT
we will have to take your word for it about drop rates being up. Seemed worse then last time by a good amount.(probably rng though) I had way to many of the 44230 entries. that's how it goes though.
Re: Delirium Stats 04/07/2021 10:18 AM CDT
Glad it did well. For me it was fun, but I didn't participate too terribly much. Some feedback:

The shop inventory could probably use a refresh, and maybe add an analyze to some of that stuff, there were a lot of things that were pretty mysterious to me.

The merchants were great, would be inclined to participate more next time if there were a bit more of that, and especially if they were scheduled a bit more clearly. I know it was thrown in at the last minute, but if they were scheduled from the beginning, I would have probably done some more entries and saved my tickets a bit more.

Nobody really seemed to be interested in the dolls, so I'm not surprised only 6 of the cores were used. The doll thing is just broken. There is a huge amount of stuff built up around it, the parts drop all the time, the molds, a case for the parts, and a really extensive shopping area for doll accessories that I bet took in almost no tickets. The cores are just too rare, and the doll feels very incomplete without one. I get that they are super cool and rareness is part of the appeal, but I'd like to suggest to add a lower tiered different kind of core. Something that would drop a lot more frequently so it could be pretty attainable. It could add some verbs, maybe do something neat but not as cool as the other, and more importantly make it feel like a complete, if lesser, item. If you could later pull the lesser core and put in the jackpot core, even better, you'd probably have more people wanting a jackpot core to upgrade the doll they already invested some time in making.

All in all, it was cool for a sort of "bonus" event that you guys didn't have to spend a ton of effort on, but I think it could be made a lot better with just a few additions.
Re: Delirium Stats 04/07/2021 11:49 AM CDT
<MONKRETRONE's post>

Pretty much read my mind with my thoughts about DM. The dolls are pretty much the main hook used to get folk to attend and the parts appear frequently enough... but all those parts and the accessories in the shop are pretty much worthless without a core that has a jackpot level drop rate.

Fluff items are great and I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum.... but in this game keeping your encumbrance as low as possible is the key to survival and has been for 20+ years now. I'm sorry, but aside from my giantkin warrior I just can't afford to be carrying around more then an item or two that doesn't have some sort of functional use. Cause of this, I'm just not going to spend millions of silver and countless hours pursuing pure fluff items that will ultimately end up in my locker collecting dust a couple hours after I get them (along with all the other misc clothing, toys, props, etc that I thought would be great for RP but ended up stashed there cause Maneuvers and SMR are things used by derned near everything).

If items with no functional use (ex. clothing with no pockets, zested toys, scripted pets) had their weight set to 0 for the purposes of encumbrance, I'd be a love to spend time and silvers going after them. But even when items weigh .5 lb, that's just too much in addition to the weight of my armor/weapon/containers/wands/herbs/etc and whatever loot I'm going to be finding while I hunt. Esp when my characters get up to level 80+ and getting to/from hunting grounds is more of a pain then hunting in them (unless they're in Voln).

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Delirium Stats 04/23/2021 01:58 AM CDT
Interesting that I found 30% of all the cores at this year's DM.
Re: Delirium Stats 04/24/2021 12:53 AM CDT

I found one, and 0 locker contracts. each run i have done before i found 3. drop rates were really weird. Probably normal of course lol.