Prev_page Previous 1
The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 04:24 PM CDT
Coming this Friday, March 26th, Delirium Manor will be returning!

Price will be 100,000 silver per entry. You will find tickets, doll parts, and SimuCoin store items along the way. If you're lucky, you may even find some unique or top feeder prizes!

We'll also be selling a limited run of 50-count Duskruin voucher booklets for tickets.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 05:18 PM CDT

Sounds like fun.

bringing this up from last run. As someone who found one of these it would be great to not have those there.

this is the second or third time I have pulled this one pack with a kerchief, any chance we can get these pulled from the hopper I mean they aren't even deepened packs. Not trying to be that guy but the last three things I have pulled as a jackpot are worse than the stuff out of the common treasure pile outside lol.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 05:36 PM CDT

As someone who hasn't previously attended, how long does it last? Is it just a one day thing, or does it stick around for a while?
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 06:24 PM CDT
Delirium Manor will be available from March 26th until April 4th. Entry is 100,000 silvers (a shop outside the front door will sell them). This is keyed in as a fluff event, but there are some interesting items to be found. I'll post more on what's all to be found tomorrow or Thursday.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 06:24 PM CDT
I was about to write up this big news, when I realized I did not have all the information. We'd like the TownCrier news to be complete and accurate the first time!

About Delirium Manor:

How long will this special silvers run be open?

About the last item, "selling a limited run of 50-count Duskruin Voucher Booklets" (for tickets) Does this mean

A: Duskruin will be open for 50 entries in a limited run concurrently with Delirium Manor

OR

B: This booklet has a limited number of sales allowed (per character, per account, in total, something something??) for the August Duskruin?

Thank you ever so much,
L.
--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 08:05 PM CDT

They'll be selling booklets for the August run but you'll be able to use tickets in game (DM's currency drop) instead of cash money in the Simucoin shop.

My guess is by limited run its an absolute number of booklets not limited per character/account but in total and everyone's purchases will go to that capped total. So if someone is sitting on a hoard of tickets ....
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 09:23 PM CDT

I had a lot but sold them to someone last dm lol.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 09:42 PM CDT
Can I request that "pallid grey salve" drop this DR?
Re: The Manor Returns 03/23/2021 10:20 PM CDT

Is there any plan for the doll parts container to not destroy the items that you spent your time collecting and not just be shoved into a locker broken and ignored by everyone no matter how many times you inquire about it?

The whole doll thing was a circular broken time waste last time. Personally, if a prize is broken, i'd like a heads up before i put in the effort. It's a shame because I really enjoyed Delirium Manor, but it's a little frustrating to get broken things that staff willfully ignores (Other than Haxus, that man's a damn saint)(also I'm not picking on you, Haliste, with the bag of holding, but, i'd really like if that thing worked. it's kind of a big bummer that nobody says "hey, don't waste your time or money on this, the major prize doesn't work", not to mention that it's messed up to mislead someone into a multi year journey only to be like, "oh yeah, hope you enjoyed having your behavior manipulated by us intentionally withhold the fact that you're wasting your time when we knew the whole time that this the prize doesn't function anyway, thanks for the laughs at your expense, now go hibbity-dibbity yourself"). I'm not the biggest fan of build ups and let downs.

Not to mention the "Ornate brass wand" that biffs up grammar so badly that the only proper solution is for me to put it in the TSC Well.

There are some big items that are garbage (which means animal entrails, it's a cooler word than most people think) in their current state with no fix anywhere on the horizon. However, if the goal is to breed bitterness, resentment, mistrust, and a feeling of being ripped of for both time and money, then this is exactly the path to take. I don't know about you, but I play this awesome game for not those reasons. It bums me out that you're injecting them into a leisure time activity by
holy crap, i'm trying here, but i suck at this.

You guys screwed up(which isn't huge, it's the not fixing that has implications on things such as integrity blah blah - stuff that you guys have mostly squashed with a lot of very very awesome stuff, but c'mon, this was a multi year project for us. it should function). Fix it please.

The insult to injury is this: Why are you making people nag you? I don't want to nag you, but I also don't want to be sold broken things and ignored. and if it's not fixed, then stop putting it out there for sale. I simply don't understand how any good can come for taking money(or anything) for broken things (advertised as functioning) and then not fixing them. that's really dishonest. How are these decisions even being made? "Yes, broken? SELL SELL SELL" It doesn't make any sense unless you have ill intent, and I seriously doubt that you do.

Sorry to call you out on not doing a good job (especially when you guys generally do an over the top amazing job at things), but sending people on a wild goose chase for real dollars over several years for a broken prize, that's nothing short of dishonest and insulting. I mean, I can't hit it hard enough. It's an outrageous way to conduct business. Plus, when I don't do a good job myself, I really beat myself up over it so I kind of don't even understand how it could happen.

yeah, i'm really verbose and have no clue how to edit. Pick the paragraph that you like the best to read (I suggest the one where I slipped in the word "hibbity-dibbity"). Also, Current leader in the diagnosis realm is that I have CTE which can't be properly diagnosed until you're dead, so my communication skills likely aren't going to get any better.

SUMMARY, i'd like the broken stuff fixed please but have no idea how to actually get you guys to do it because my communication skills suck so much and I understand people so little that i play a text game in 2021, and not from a sea lab.

Thank you

Paul

PS I will be attending DM
Re: The Manor Returns - This is my case. 03/23/2021 10:33 PM CDT
There are so many items and such limited space. The thing that makes the entire system function is the ability to store the items in a case and reduce the items for locker storage.

When the key ingredient to your meal is rotten. The whole meal is rotten.

This appears to be a collectible case of some kind, with small trays secured to a slender axle to allow for rotation. A trio of gears is secured to the interior base of the case. Closer inspection of the trays reveals the following contents:

(1) the optional space cloak upgrade
(2) a
(3) a
(2) a
(2) a doll-sized doll
(1) a jointed wooden doll
(1) a
(2) a
(2) a
(2) a
(2) a
(2) a
(2) a
(2) a
(1) a three-handed sword
(2) a
(3) a
(1) h
(3) T
(2) J
(3) s
(3) a
(3) a
(4) a
(3) a
(3) t
(4) a

A tray stamped with the words, "the optional space cloak upgrade" is currently at the top of the case. PULL the case if you want to remove the optional space cloak upgrade, or TURN the case to select a different tray.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 05:30 AM CDT
I'm in.

Cheers.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 07:07 AM CDT

I decided this: If my request not to have you sell me broken things is not responded to by the end of the day, i'll be re-posting it daily until it is.

I slept on it, Don't sell me broken stuff. You've known about it for years. That turns an error that could be fixed and whoops into something that you took money for, know about, and are refusing to fix on purpose for ill gotten gains. Those are very different positions to be in.

Furthermore, I don't want to write things like this. I want to write compliments. But there are no compliments for tricking someone into spending money on trash, even if it is one penny. It's not your penny to trick people out of. This is a moral issue about honesty, this is not about money.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 07:17 AM CDT

It is very embarrassing for me to have to tell other adults things that they should already know. I don't know how to do it and I'm not any good at it. I also don't want to do it. I also don't want to be ripped off. Hard position you've put me in for no reason at all...
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 01:00 PM CDT
Where is that gif of homer simpson slowly backing into a hedge...

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 04:07 PM CDT

Where is that gif of homer simpson slowly backing into a hedge...

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

seriously, I have no clue how to deal with this situation
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 04:51 PM CDT
Hi there --

So I'm not sure what issue there is with the doll container, but I would like to know so I can fix it. I am honestly not aware that there was still an issue. I knew of one a while back, but I thought it was addressed and resolved.

As for the Bag of Holding, that is being addressed -- I just can't tell you anything about it yet because it's not yet fixed. But that is definitely on the fix list, and it will be fixed so that it will function appropriately. In fact, it will be better than it is now.

So -- What you pasted above - is that actually what you see when you look inside your doll case? Or is it a sample?

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 06:05 PM CDT
<<I decided this: If my request not to have you sell me broken things is not responded to by the end of the day, i'll be re-posting it daily until it is.

I'd heavily advise against posting the exact same thing/request every single day. This could be seen as harassment or spamming the forums and would soon lead you to a temporary or permanent ban from being able to post on the forums. If you're truly unhappy about a decision and feel the above is warranted, then feedback@simutronics.com would be the proper avenue for you, and not continued posts on the forums.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 07:19 PM CDT
PLASKA wrote:
> I decided this: If my request not to have you sell me broken things is not responded to by the end of the day, i'll be re-posting it daily until it is.

If you do re-post, would you please make sure that next time, you explain things a little more?

I could tell that you were upset, and it was about broken things. But what specific broken things, like the names of them, and exactly what was broken?

I ask because I have been a big frequenter of DM in the past. I have found nothing broken. But if things are broken, I want to know what they are.

You can also send me a message on Discord to Essy#4085 if you want to.

It felt like you were referencing previous posts that you made last year - but I doubt that anyone (me included) has the time or inclination to try to go back through a year of posts to find them.

And I want to see your concerns get addressed. And your stuff get fixed.

Thank you.
from Soliere's player
I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I am a soothing mint green color.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 07:42 PM CDT

no, i'm not reposting. that was a bluff. they did a good job calling it. but the request to have this stuff fixed is out there again, even if i do it crappily.

I love this game. I'm not going to spam the forums.

The doll stuff is actually really cool. I'd just like to use it, but without a functioning storage container I can't. But the event is coming back in two days. the math doesn't work out.

-p
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 08:04 PM CDT

I could tell that you were upset, and it was about broken things. But what specific broken things, like the names of them, and exactly what was broken?

Just as a side note. I put a lot of effort into putting no emotion into those posts. I am not "upset", I'm addressing an issue as a customer. There is not emotion involved. The only emotion in this is the one that you just placed on me, incorrectly so. The use of the word "insulting" is alongside "dishonest", Those are not my emotions, they are a conclusion that could be drawn by the exemplified behavior of neglecting to fix a few things, at least one of them very high end.

The collectible case that I copied and pasted me looking into it. It is the collectible case that is sold at the event that is the topic of discussion. The posting of my looking into it only to see letters and blank lines, that constitutes the "Exactly what was broken" part of your question.

The other item in question is the bag of holding, The major prize from DR. The appropriate parties for this repair, i would gather, would not need any more information than that.

The third item that I referenced is this, I will quote what I called it.

"Not to mention the "Ornate brass wand" that biffs up grammar"

The item name is in quotes. The issue is that it does not use English grammar. The appropriate parties also, I would gather, would not need any more information than that.

let's see here, I was just rereading what you wrote to make sure that I'm responding appropriately.

As far as the collectible case, I cannot remove items from it. I put items in it and it does not stack them or even put them inside. It leave one letter, as shown in my cut and paste. Since one of the draws of the dolls is the vast array of clever and creative accessories

(for example, I have one of those satchels that hides the message when you put something in or out. There are multiple items - a tiny white crystal, a small enruned maoral chest - that have real size counterparts. Personally, I use in conjunction with those satchels to do magic tricks. The opportunity for creativity with this event in specific is very well done, very creative, and as in my example with the magic tricks, even has excellent unintended "consequences". That's total win win and amazing from concept to almost delivery)

However, limited locker space and a storage instrument that negates any the benefit of the mass quantity of collective creativity of the staff negates the entire thing. It's great that something exists, unless you can't access it because of, frankly, something that should be fixed by now.

I think I answered all of your questions, and like I said before, the leading theory in my personal case has been, and continues to be, for the last several years, that I am potentially showing symptoms of CTE (that's the thing where football players murder their families and then kill themselves from repeated brain injuries, except i didn't play sports. I had bad parents) One of the things that is degrading in me is my communication skills and if you're not aware of that, i think i come off as a real jerk. But this is non emotional. this is just factual or as factual as it can be and unfortunately becoming necessary information for me to share in public for the sake of just getting anything done.

cool, looking forward to DM.

-Paul
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 08:20 PM CDT
check it, im' going to quote my self

"Just as a side note. I put a lot of effort into putting no emotion into those posts. I am not "upset", I'm addressing an issue as a customer. There is not emotion involved. The only emotion in this is the one that you just placed on me, incorrectly so. The use of the word "insulting" is alongside "dishonest", Those are not my emotions, they are a conclusion that could be drawn by the exemplified behavior of neglecting to fix a few things, at least one of them very high end."

i want to make sure that i'm being clear that I don't think that anyone's intent was to insult or be dishonest. I'm attempting to show that if someone did have those intentions, the result would be the same for the consumer, in this case, as I'm only speaking for myself, me.

-p
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 08:28 PM CDT
>Bag of Holding
This is being worked on. It’s a much larger issue (and to be clear, this is something that happened after the bag was created. It crept into the build of the item unintentionally, and once it was identified and we were made aware of it, we began working toward a solution. But as you know, sometimes solutions are not immediate. Were it an unfixable issue, you’d know. This is not the case. It’s just not an easy fix, but we are working toward fixing it.

>Doll case
Are you running any 3rd party programs like Lich? I’ll be at the computer in just a moment, and I will come and take a look at your case to see if there’s something wrong with your specific item.

>Ornate Brass Wand
I don’t really know about this item in terms of grammar, but I’m also not familiar with the item/script, so I can’t really speak to that. My apologies - if you could give me some examples on the issue, I could try to find out what the problem is.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Manor Returns 03/24/2021 10:24 PM CDT

<<I decided this: If my request not to have you sell me broken things is not responded to by the end of the day, i'll be re-posting it daily until it is.

I'd heavily advise against posting the exact same thing/request every single day. This could be seen as harassment or spamming the forums and would soon lead you to a temporary or permanent ban from being able to post on the forums. If you're truly unhappy about a decision and feel the above is warranted, then feedback@simutronics.com would be the proper avenue for you, and not continued posts on the forums.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er

Thank You for your contribution on this issue Aulis. While we're giving each other advice, I would appreciate very much not to have to ask for you to address an issue so many times that I have to write something ridiculous like that for you to respond to instead of addressing what I'm actually writing about in the future.

Thank you

p
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 12:28 AM CDT

Oh man! also. I would like this thing that I wrote to be appreciated; it's great in its own way. In a perfect world someone would have nailed me on it and it would have been funny.

I'm going to lay it out, I actually put a little thought into it.

Look at this objectively, like you're Donald Glover's friend on Community or something. like it's a storyboard maybe, I don't know, whatever works for you.

Situation: Asked multiple times in a reasonable, nice, and polite way for the thing to be fixed over the course of about a year. maybe a little less.

Since the avenue of reason seems to have not been a success, an alternative, unproven method was used. That's right. Unreason.

After writing a paragraph that included me stating that I did not want to nag anybody, I settled on this "Threat" as a way of getting a response through unreason. Here's what I did, I threatened to nag.

Then i was advised that performing the very low level "threat" of nagging from someone who missed the irony in the whole situation could be considered "harassment" in what was maybe an attempt to escalate a situation, i'm not really sure, kind of a weird turn at the end there.

now that right there, that's a weird situation.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 12:28 AM CDT
The prize wall only had 4 Stufimal types, is it possible to add the bear (ursine) as an option?

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 08:24 AM CDT
>> Then i was advised that performing the very low level "threat" of nagging from someone who missed the irony in the whole situation could be considered "harassment" in what was maybe an attempt to escalate a situation, i'm not really sure, kind of a weird turn at the end there.

You've posted like 10 of the last 16 messages on this board, all in the last 36 hours... so this does not seem off base. You should probably work with the GM who has been nothing but helpful despite this.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 12:18 PM CDT
>Thank You for your contribution on this issue Aulis. While we're giving each other advice, I would appreciate very much not to have to ask for you to address an issue so many times that I have to write something ridiculous like that for you to respond to instead of addressing what I'm actually writing about in the future.

Aulis was doing his job, as Forums Manager. It's very likely he doesn't even work with the system(s) that your issues touch, so there isn't anything he could otherwise.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 02:25 PM CDT
<<>Thank You for your contribution on this issue Aulis. While we're giving each other advice, I would appreciate very much not to have to ask for you to address an issue so many times that I have to write something ridiculous like that for you to respond to instead of addressing what I'm actually writing about in the future.

<<Aulis was doing his job, as Forums Manager. It's very likely he doesn't even work with the system(s) that your issues touch, so there isn't anything he could otherwise.

Cylnthia's player is right in the above. I'm not a coder. So that specific issue you are having doesn't come across my avenue. But the proper people have responded it looks like.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 02:32 PM CDT
And just FYI - the item in question is resolved and all is good in the world! :)

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 02:37 PM CDT
Great. Now our Zombie Overlord can move forward with his follow-up post.

>Delirium Manor will be available from March 26th until April 4th. Entry is 100,000 silvers (a shop outside the front door will sell them). This is keyed in as a fluff event, but there are some interesting items to be found. I'll post more on what's all to be found tomorrow or Thursday.

>Wyrom, PM

Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 03:16 PM CDT

After catching up on this thread I wish he or she had also bought some gem eating armor at the great auction, I feel like that script would have been fixed by now lol. :)
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 08:11 PM CDT
PLASKA said:
> One of the things that is degrading in me is my communication skills

Paul, you will never need to apologize to me for your communication skills, I thought you did a great job.

I was really trying hard to understand the problem myself. I have a doll case and I didn't notice anything was wrong with it. But now it appears something is very wrong with it!

After your further explanation, I do understand it better.

Paul, I think you might have fallen as a victim to one of my worst days of reading comprehension, and it happened to be on a day when I wasn't communicating back to you as clearly as I should have too. Because I was oblivious to the fact that my brain was a problem that day. So you got the double-whammy. Please forgive me about it.

And I'm really sorry that I chose the word "upset" - I truly meant nothing negative by it, but I see it was a wrong word choice. I said the word because I myself was upset about what had happened to you. And I figured you were too.

Being upset is not something I believe is wrong, and it's not a sign of weakness to me. But I hope you accept my apology about putting that word on you.

Thank you for the time of trying to help me with the questions I asked.

Thanks for the patience and the further information.
from Soliere's player :)
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 08:25 PM CDT
>>After catching up on this thread I wish he or she had also bought some gem eating armor at the great auction, I feel like that script would have been fixed by now lol. :)

There is a GM working on it. It was a complete rebuild. These can be some of the hardest projects to take on. I'll see if the GM who is working on it can post about it.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 08:55 PM CDT
PLASKA said:
> "Ornate brass wand" that biffs up grammar

Paul, I know I never had a bag of holding. I double-checked my inventory list but did not see any ornate brass wand. However, there could be an ornate brass wand lurking somewhere in a locker. I was hoping that I could find and help test whether anything I had was broken too. Sorry.

In the meantime, it looks like Haliste is willing to help fix your wand problem, if you give her some details. Good luck in getting it fixed.

from Soliere's player
enjoying the end of what was a really nice temperate day
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 09:49 PM CDT

<There is a GM working on it. It was a complete rebuild. These can be some of the hardest projects to take on. I'll see if the GM who is working on it can post about it.

<Wyrom, PM

Woah! That's great news Wyrom, I know you'd put some work into it as well a few years back which I appreciated. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I had thought about suggesting it for a DR script since it has some potential for tiering as well imo but yeah it would require a lot of work I imagine.

I still have the chain set, now I don't feel so bad about blowing a big wad of simucoins on the AsG change for it at one of your early mania's. :)

Its a darn interesting script, one thing you might mention to the GM is to get rid of the inherent magic resistance. I'm hoping I can assist for that since I've been away for a few years, but saw the post about being able to assist for magic resistance removal on items while catching up on the forums. Its limitations for being able to accept some slot/service enhancements obviate the need for the resistance to balance it in my opinion.

Let them know their work is appreciated, I know at least 1 other owner of the leather set is also interested in the script being updated/fixed.
Re: The Manor Returns 03/25/2021 11:59 PM CDT
>>I still have the chain set, now I don't feel so bad about blowing a big wad of simucoins on the AsG change for it at one of your early mania's. :)

I think the armor is going to be a lot better with the rework. Unfortunately, the original concept was created by a GM who left us shortly after it was created, and it ended up being riddled with bugs. But I promise it's getting some godly treatment.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The Manor Returns 03/26/2021 10:05 PM CDT

Looking forward to the results!
Re: The Manor Returns 03/27/2021 12:15 AM CDT
Back on track...can we get less spheres and more than 0 salve drops
Re: The Manor Returns 03/27/2021 12:52 AM CDT

Salve woudl be nice, however the took them away last run, so not sure if they will be back. I would agree with less spheres more salve
Re: The Manor Returns 03/27/2021 01:47 AM CDT
Spheres, molds, and glue will be bought back by the doll collector now.

The cooldown to search was reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

Elanthian Guild packs are now for sale with tickets.

Working on getting ANALYZE for some of the SimuCoin Store items available. Also working on getting the prismatic ethers and essenses to work somewhere in the game outside the Necropolis room.

Two of the 4 hearts that were left over are available. I think I made 1 of each available by mistake. Once those are gone, they're gone.

I'll post about some services I'll do at the event, but they will be very limited and probably a little more spendy than the last time I offered them. Coin pouches will be on the menu.

Wyrom, PM
Prev_page Previous 1