Feeder Remains 08/21/2018 10:46 AM CDT
Still plenty of nice stuff to find in the Delirium Feeder.

Tart kiln
Greater black ora jewelry
Hidden bracer
Rapture cloak
"Vesperti" cloak
Tenebrous orb of ether
Magic Hats
Gold and silver wind up keys (for dolls)
Fixstat
Scarab ring
Skill ring
Capsules
Firework press
Branding iron
Disarm (locksmith) vambrace
Braiding tools
Large quantities of bloodscrip (10000+)
...and a bunch of other things.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/22/2018 08:19 AM CDT

When you say large quantities of bloodscrip are you referring to a cache or the 10%?
Re: Feeder Remains 08/22/2018 12:28 PM CDT
>>When you say large quantities of bloodscrip are you referring to a cache or the 10%?

I'm referring to a physical item. There is a 10,000 bloodscrip one as well as a few higher ones.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/22/2018 03:56 PM CDT
What's up with the Smithy raffles? Particularly the ones teased that used tickets.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/22/2018 05:28 PM CDT
We've had 3 raffles. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in them. I can do another one, but typically, less than 15 tickets are selling.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/22/2018 06:17 PM CDT

Oh, I'd been watching the homepage and the forums and hadn't seen anything. I did catch one in game announcement though.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 09:37 PM CDT

I keep missing them, if there was any static method to procure them I certainly have a few projects I would work on.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 09:51 PM CDT
Let me just echo this and say that if you want to run raffles, they should be broadly announced at events like DM. We have forums, the home page, Twitter, FB and some other thing for kids that I can't even remember the name of. Having 15 entries for a 10 winner raffle isn't a sign of disinterest. It merely reflects that word isn't being put out effectively.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 10:23 PM CDT
Each of them have been announced. My preferred method for announcements are in game for events that will have a brief window to participate (which has been the case for each raffle).

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 10:39 PM CDT
Okay, no problem, Wyrom. You do a fantastic job overall. But please don't infer interest from short window in game announcements. They're easy to miss.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 10:53 PM CDT
Take tonight, for example. Announced and Tweeted. Only about 11 people showed up. This wasn't even a raffle, 7 bought into getting an invite. I think those who want an invite are very small portion of people.

I'll do a longer raffle over the weekend, but it will likely be the last one I do.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 10:57 PM CDT
Lol. Meanwhile I was refreshing the officials...
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:04 PM CDT
And let me just elaborate. If things are going to be announced there should be one and only one official source that is updated with every event regardless. Otherwise, even someone who is actively looking for announcements can easily miss it.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:09 PM CDT

>If things are going to be announced there should be one and only one official source that is updated with every event regardless. Otherwise, even someone who is actively looking for announcements can easily miss it.

Twitter has been used for event announcements for 3 years now
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:12 PM CDT
Okay, but only one out of (apparently) four opportunities was announced via Twitter. If I need to get on Twitter in order to hear every single announcement, I will, but as of now not every event is announced via Twitter.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:24 PM CDT
Just to amplify, it's hard enough to stay engaged in this game. If there are going to be announcements of any kind for any reason, there should be ONE official Simutronics place that holds all of those announcements. Third party services like Twitter and FB and whatever should be derivative of that one official source. Or just pick a third party service and loudly proclaim that it is the real voice of the game and we can all follow that.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:36 PM CDT

>Just to amplify, it's hard enough to stay engaged in this game. If there are going to be announcements of any kind for any reason, there should be ONE official Simutronics place that holds all of those announcements. Third party services like Twitter and FB and whatever should be derivative of that one official source. Or just pick a third party service and loudly proclaim that it is the real voice of the game and we can all follow that.

Simu gives minimal contributions to its own wiki, if that tells you anything about the futility of it all.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/23/2018 11:43 PM CDT

For sure. Just putting in my two cents. Not asking for a massive increase in funding or anything. Just pick an outlet to have ALL of the relevant information and make posting to that outlet mandatory for staff. I truly do not care which outlet is chosen. Just pick one and enforce it consistently.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 12:03 AM CDT
While we're on the subject, what is going on with Gemstone marketing and communication overall? I typically play six months out of the year when I feel nostalgic. A decent chunk out of that time, I come back to see what's going on in the world only to discover that there was a promotion that I hadn't heard about via email or otherwise. I discover it purely by virtue of going to the home page and noticing it. Then, when I come back to play, I find that I can't keep track of what's going on because it's sometimes posted on Twitter, sometimes posted on the officials, sometimes posted on the home page and sometimes posted on Discord (yes, I finally remembered what it's called). What gives? It's 2018 and we're still playing a text-based game. That doesn't mean we should have to suffer with 1990s internet marketing.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 01:02 AM CDT
>>Okay, but only one out of (apparently) four opportunities was announced via Twitter. If I need to get on Twitter in order to hear every single announcement, I will, but as of now not every event is announced via Twitter.

In game is the main area where you'll find merchant activity happening. Twitter is good to get an announcement out there, but I also find it comes with some flak when it's about pay events. This is a big reason I don't use it for events like Delirium or Duskruin. It works for events like Ebon Gate though. I'm not saying you need to camp an event, but being in game is going to be the best play to know what's happening.

>>Simu gives minimal contributions to its own wiki, if that tells you anything about the futility of it all.

Simutronics took over Krakiipedia to host it and secure the data on it, making sure it remained online. We are nearing the end of our new GM training, which we have a staff member that will be overseeing the wiki.

>>While we're on the subject, what is going on with Gemstone marketing and communication overall? I typically play six months out of the year when I feel nostalgic. A decent chunk out of that time, I come back to see what's going on in the world only to discover that there was a promotion that I hadn't heard about via email or otherwise. I discover it purely by virtue of going to the home page and noticing it. Then, when I come back to play, I find that I can't keep track of what's going on because it's sometimes posted on Twitter, sometimes posted on the officials, sometimes posted on the home page and sometimes posted on Discord (yes, I finally remembered what it's called). What gives? It's 2018 and we're still playing a text-based game. That doesn't mean we should have to suffer with 1990s internet marketing.

Emails go out at least once a month with some announcement highlights. Promo emails typically go out separately. The 90 days of free Premium and Basic was sent out twice. If you don't have the checkbox marked for receiving promotional emails or you've unsubscribed to our emails, you won't receive them. By default, you aren't opted in.

At this point though, let's get the thread back on topic though.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 09:25 AM CDT
I disagree that there should be only a single channel for everything, much as it pains me to say.
(Because I would prefer for "that channel" to be here on the Boards--which I actually read--rather than things like bannered on the main page (which I essentially never visit), Tweeted (which I do not follow), FaceBooked (which I have not set up), Discorded (which I have not joined), or announced in-game (which I seldom am), or shown on the Google calendar (which link I just found like three days ago).)

Having different modes of notice is good, and enables GMs who are engaged one way or another to interact with those folks who engage in the same way. (Some people always have their phone with them to receive tweets; others (our receptionist springs to mind) are on Facebook all the time; still others actually have time to spend in-game; and we all know about certain people and their Board habit.) Hell, some times a GM merchant may just wander through the local resting spot...

Not everyone can attend everything.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 10:24 AM CDT

>Simutronics took over Krakiipedia to host it and secure the data on it, making sure it remained online. We are nearing the end of our new GM training, which we have a staff member that will be overseeing the wiki.

Email from Eric 11/21/14:

>The reason I'm contacting you is to announce that in the very near future, we're going to be opening up a new version of Krakiipedia on our servers. Before you panic, don't panic! Krakiipedia has always been a player-maintained entity and we want to keep it that way. Our main goals here are to make it more "official", to eliminate outdated documentation on our site, to tie in to our account database to manage users better (more in this in a second), to take the burden and hassle of hosting this off the players' shoulders, to give the GMs more leeway in posting and maintaining official documentation, to do things like more freely use Simu artwork, and potentially look into making some enhancements to the wiki's appearance and functionality. We'll also be able to identify other people who can help out on the admin side of things and more quickly get them the tools they need to make Krakiipedia even more awesome and useful than it already is.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 12:37 PM CDT
Absolutely. A lot of the small wandering merchants are what makes this game so unique. But having services related to paid events promoted haphazardly is not that scenario.

I'd have no problem with Twitter or Discord exclusives, but when other companies do that they make it obvious and go out of their way to get people involved on those platforms. That sounds like a good move for Simutronics. Give me a reason to sign up for Discord, or to follow you on Twitter (and to use Twitter in the first place, lol), and then make announcements there that encourage continued participation on those platforms. But launch those initiatives from the homepage and the officials and launch them loudly.

I hate to even say it, but Simutronics has no difficulty recognizing the kind of communications necessary to get us to spend money. That's why paid events are announced well in advance on the homepage with a full color picture in a way that is hard to miss. If an in-game announcement a few hours before an event was an effective way of reaching players, Simutronics would announce paid events that way. But they don't, because that's obviously not as effective as loud advance notice.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 01:23 PM CDT

>or to follow you on Twitter (and to use Twitter in the first place, lol)

A note on Twitter bc I was like you and wasn't signed up for it. I still barely use it, but having an account hasn't much affected or interfered in my life beyond getting GS announcements easier because I turn off all notifications except for the ones for GS. Signing up for it doesn't have to be a big commitment if you take a few minutes to make it less intrusive. When the GS account Tweets it gets texted to my phone, and because it gets texted to my phone it shows up in the corner of my desktop while I'm playing.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 04:31 PM CDT
<Give me a reason to sign up for Discord>

It also get Gemstone tweets forwarded and Newsby Town Crier tweets, as well as communication from and to staff. No reason not to use this one.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 04:50 PM CDT

Update on feeder stuff? Thinking about taking my first foray in.
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 10:49 PM CDT
> It also get Gemstone tweets forwarded and Newsby Town Crier tweets

Awww, man, Commander Roblar, you make an excellent cheerleader for the TownCrier. I shall find a megahorn and some pom poms for you! <3

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Feeder Remains 08/24/2018 10:58 PM CDT
And a...kilt!
Re: Feeder Remains 08/25/2018 02:50 AM CDT
>And a...kilt!

With knee socks?!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews