Prev_page Previous 1
General Feedback on DM 06/18/2017 08:41 PM CDT
Just wanted to share some feedback from a player perspective.

This event is a nightmare when it comes to inventory management. On one side, it's nice to see such a huge variety of items available to put on the doll itself, but on the other side, trying to determine a doll item from a non-doll item is tedious, and frustrating. You basically have to look at 400+ items (With a 50-use pass) to see if they have "It is perfectly sized for a doll." It wouldn't be so bad if the only items found were doll items, but you have items that share the same noun being used for doll and non-doll items. My suggestion is to remove all the non-doll items that share the same noun.

This would be a major change, but the next time this event runs, it would be nice if all of the doll-sized items were removed from the drops and placed into shops. Have one giant shop area, where all the doll-sized items are offered. Separate the items by type, and place each type in it's own separate room, being sold for tickets.

[Nose Room]
A large table sits in the center of the room, filled with what appears to be a variety of noses.

>look on nose table
On the nose table you see a small nose, a large nose, etc, etc.

Keep the actual doll parts, the arms, legs, torsos, etc as a drop, just move all the accessories to a shop area. I'd rather walk through a 20+ room shop area than have to deal with managing hundreds of items. It would also allow me to see all the options available, and customize exactly as I want. Inventory could rotate.

And finally, personally, I'd rather just have tickets than the "junk" items that are found, the eyepatches, beards, goatees, hooks, teeth, etc. Remove all the things that have to be sold to the pawnshop and just give me tickets.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/18/2017 10:10 PM CDT
I agree with all of the points brought up here so far. That being said, I would like to see general tickets grow into a system or place similar to duskruin, but focused on fluff. Blood scrip on mechanical items, general tickets on fluff and RP. Expanding the fluff offerings that are available for the tickets.

How much effort would it take to create a "doll factory" or "Doll workshop" area that allowed you to create specific or semi-random doll accessories? Similar to the idea put forth by VEYTHRONE, but structured more like the sweatshop or runestaff maker? That way you didn't have to make so many specific items and they could be made "on demand". Special, rare material or unique in features/descriptors would go out in the drop system and players would get more tickets to choose what they might want. I was lucky to finish the doll I wanted already, but the items seemed fairly common in the drop system. I found a few others later on that gave me ideas, but the thought of having to try and find or trade for specific items to go with it was very discouraging. I really love the idea and the system of the dolls and accessories but feel it doesn't play nicely with the item limits on characters and lockers.

An Idea that might help with a lot of little issues - An NPC that sits outside the manor, accepts accessories and then resells them for 10x tickets or so and randomly shuffles some parts out from time to time. Like a pawnshop. Here's the five most recent eyes turned in, shoes, pants etc. That way the people wanting to sell without going back in are happy and people looking for specific things might find them more easily on a table, or find something they didn't know existed but someone inside just sold it without bothering with dealing with the secondary market. I understand this would be a lot of work, and probably better suited for the next run.

I was also a little discouraged to see some of the exact same items come back into the hopper. I don't mind seeing the same script, but altering the item just a little bit at least keeps it a bit fresher then seeing the exact same items return again. This is ok for consumables, but finding the same exact pure profession gloves, pegleg etc can be a bummer. The gem pouches are really well done this time around as are the growing pots!

Fantastic job on the different types of certs! Far exceeded my expectations on a voucher/cert/automated light/deep system. It seems the lightening tickets are much rarer than the deep, but the deep ranging in depth added and max depth (up to Epic deep!) is a great system and gives entry points for all kinds of people on the secondary market! Great job with this! Unlock vouchers for fluff items! Looks like so far its the growing pots and doll case, but they are welcome and I hope the trend continues that such things are offered more regularly to reduce unlocking on staff moving forward.

I forgot some of the little details that make Delirium Manor such a fun place to just slowly explore. Between the basement and the attic, it's tough to choose a better place to hang out and enjoy the scenery. Everyone should also check out the secret room if they can! The NPCs are spoiled! I watched one pull a core right in front of me! Their comments are good in-jokes and keep the setting light hearted. As always, a fantastic job creating a place and story to go with it. I must have Whax teach me how to steal souls!

The short and sweet: I really love the concept of this run, but can't get into it 100% because of mechanical limitations that I feel stifle the idea. I understand those same constraints may be taken into account for balance or rarity, but I think it also stifles player creativity at the same time. It's clear attention and love went into making a lot of the accessories, I'd love to be able to make a few more dolls with the extra pieces I have, but finding specific parts is a lot of effort (or money).

Keep up the great work and thank you!

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/18/2017 11:08 PM CDT
my two cents on DM as well as duskruin sewers, keep in mind I'm only about 100 dollars into this and still have searching to do. Also keep in mind I speant about 300 on duskruin, now I did get alot of really nice stuff with the bloodscript from duskruin, it was totally worth it, however when it comes to fluffy items that are related to the event, meaning the doll in DM and the pet rat in the sewers, call me crazy but i feel if anyone invests that kind of time or money in any event, that features a purely non game breaking item as it's focus or core, that it should be achievable within a certain amount of runs or money spent.

Now I'm not saying I don't love these events, I totally do, I think they're pretty awesome, and I love the chance to get amazing things, I just feel that things like the doll and rat shouldn't be soooooo hard to get. I would still go through looking for the jackpot items even if I got the item. Duskruin is different to me since you have an amazing amount of things you can buy with the bloodscript. There literally is nothing in the DM store I want aside from the gem cutter pattern. If there were certificates for unlocks for things like Yansio clothing, or even the Toffit clothing that I found quite a bit of, I would buy that for sure. I'm holding onto the tickets though since supposedly it will be able to be used at other events.

I love that it's different then duskruin and more of a fluff event, but because it's more fluff oriented I feel things like the jackpots should be a lot easier to attain since the items in the store are kinda meh, and things like the doll should be easier to assemble.

It's like here's 500 torsos, and here's all these accessories for you, but guess what, you can't finish your doll and use any of it.

Maybe I'm just having really bad luck, but it is a bit frustrating. I would love it if I ever hit a jackpot that the giant hand actually move me to a treasure room where I am allowed to pick the item I want(I would totally pick the magician's hat by the way, been drooling over that since I saw the post) and that's something I think you should think about for the next run of this event.

I love all the gm's I just feel some of the things need to be a little easier to attain. I'm not a kid anymore that can just sit in front of the screen all day, unfortunately I have a job that takes a massive amount of time, as do probably all of us now. I have bills and I want to support gemstone, but real life things need taken care of as well. And if items aren't going to break the game, if they are just for fun, then they shouldn't cost so much time and money to get. I may have the money, but time is another issue entirely. I long for the days when I was in college and could just sit here and play all the time, but that's not the way life is. Just remember not all of us can be as hardcore as we once were. We still have it in us though.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 01:04 AM CDT
"It's like here's 500 torsos, and here's all these accessories for you, but guess what, you can't finish your doll and use any of it."

This so much

That being said, I got a lot of items, but what's the point of all these cool accessories if it's just going to be used by a handful of people who are lucky enough to get a head, a core and some glue?

Seems pointless. Obviously a lot of work went into the event but why make a doll event if $100 can't even give more than a small chance of getting a whole doll?

NEVER NOT POST
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 06:35 AM CDT
While the head and glue are rare, you don't need a core to play dress up. Though a getting a head AND glue in 100 runs is somewhat rare, but not unheard of.

Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 07:40 AM CDT

I think the event is worth it now that I have had time to analyze all of the stuff I picked up, however, the event would be a lot more fun if vanilla dolls were given out right away, so one could immediately start dressing up a doll. Going 30-50 runs without finding head or glue is seriously frustrating, when we are just getting tons of doll accessories we can't use!

NEVER NOT POST
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 08:05 AM CDT
I don't have an appetite for this event. The rewards are too low compared to the cost. Is that why the volume is up - because the rewards are so low, so everyone is simply buying more regardless? Spending a hundred dollars and not getting enough parts to assemble doll yet end up with a plethora of accessories? Nope. No point in even trying. It seems more attractive to focus on L/D certs and hoping like hell I can amass enough tickets for at least one spell prep (which are over-priced IMO). Why not add the spell preps into the hopper too?

P.S. Don't get me wrong- I like the spinner ring and rainbowear clothes and I appreciate and respect the amount of creativity and effort that went into making the event. So thank you for that!
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 08:22 AM CDT

Founds some notes but nothing great. Of course i missed the happy hours
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 08:42 AM CDT
>And finally, personally, I'd rather just have tickets than the "junk" items that are found, the eyepatches, beards, goatees, hooks, teeth, etc. Remove all the things that have to be sold to the pawnshop and just give me tickets.

That sounds like how EG was for a while - you'd get a tier 3 item, lots of them. I remember getting so many lousy hand buzzer toys it was mind boggling. Tickets were a nice change to EG, you could hoard them for a bit to get a nice wall prize or trade/sell them to others that needed some. Even the end of the event (2016) where they did an EG Ticket auction for a rotflare.

The recent announcement that the general tickets (was EG tickets) may or may not be used at EG this year leaves myself wondering if I'll attend the event this year.

>I think the event is worth it now that I have had time to analyze all of the stuff I picked up, however, the event would be a lot more fun if vanilla dolls were given out right away, so one could immediately start dressing up a doll. Going 30-50 runs without finding head or glue is seriously frustrating, when we are just getting tons of doll accessories we can't use!

This reason alone was why I avoid these cash grab events. Some people get really lucky and maybe a few runs and they're holding hard to find or one of a kind items from the event, the majority however, spend lots of cash to pull nothing but the same things over and over again.

I can justify EG and spending in game silvers to buy shovels to dig or play a game, but even then the return in my experience hasn't been very exciting. Last year I did 2,669 digs. Out of all those digs, I only found 12-18 items (Tier 4) outside of normal tickets/silvers/gems/jars (or clumps of dirt, sand, etc). Digging was a very big let down, much like 10 (free) DM runs I got last year. In the 10 runs (100 search) I found the following:

282 tickets searching. I also found 10 torsos and I found 4 arms (2 left, 2 right), 5 symbols, 1 ceramic flower pot and a small ring box with a simply scripted ring. After trading in doll parts to the wandering NPC I ended up with 337 tickets with 10 runs (100 searches).

The paltry return in anything useful from the 10 free runs showed me I'd have to spend a lot of money (or in game silvers if anyone was selling DM passes for silver) to hopefully get a useful find. It wasn't worth it for me. A lot of people posted spending lots of money to never find a doll head nor glue and eventually had to settle for a chunk of in game silvers to obtain a head or glue to finish their doll.

I can't even begin to fathom how many unnecessary things you'd find now in DM without actually having a completed doll to use these items with. I cringed when seeing there was 600+ doll accessories you could find....I'm not sure how or why folks do it, but as I said before, to each their own.

-Drumpel
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 09:04 AM CDT

Well, I did manage to get a doll together:

You see a jointed wooden doll that has been glued together. The doll has a crown-braided circlet of white hair and has glowing yellow eyes that stare blankly at you. It has an aristocratic nose centered on its tiny face, and two scar-notched ears are secured to its head. It is wearing an ebon and ivory ouroboros brooch, an elaborate gold crown, a leather-wrapped white hawk feather, a black silver-buckled knapsack, a silver-studded black leather baldric, a black spidersilk cloak, a fitted crushed velvet vest, a black lockpick kit, some sigil-incised inky black vambraces, a pair of black leather gloves, a gold feather-etched ring, a pair of crisp black linen trousers, some studded leather shin guards, and a pair of soft lamb's wool socks. It is holding an ebon-studded ironwood crossbow in its right hand and a minuscule maoral box in its left hand.

The base description is so lame, but it can be altered:

a jointed wooden doll

There is something horrible about it that I did not realize before, you cannot swap out items. If you wish to replace an item, the old one is destroyed! So much for bothering to collect the accessories for any ******* reason.

NEVER NOT POST
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 09:21 AM CDT
"There is something horrible about it that I did not realize before, you cannot swap out items. If you wish to replace an item, the old one is destroyed!" -- Ravana729

This has been a known condition, ever since it was known that accessorizing was being made possible.

"Once accessories have been attached to a doll, they cannot be removed, but they can be overwritten with another same-type item." -- Haliste's announcement of accessorizing, 15 June 2017 #73
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 09:22 AM CDT
My bad; that was actually her SECOND announcement about it, when she upgraded the accessory count from 500 to 600+.

However, it was from the post with actual mechanics disclosed in it, rather than just a teaser about the fact of the ability.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 10:31 AM CDT

Hey Krakii, I havn't played in 11 years. Not all of us have the unending endurance and stick-with-itness that you do old man. :P

NEVER NOT POST
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/19/2017 10:53 AM CDT
Pfff... I probably haven't played in eleven years, either! :)

(Actually, that's not true: I've been burning up with the Bard--seriously, it really is "login, push button, get experience" with him; at this point I'm just seeing how badly I can abuse different systems--but I think I can safely say that Krakii has not been played since the GS4 conversion.)

Like one of my sig-lines says: "$40 / month for bulletin board access, NOW with Free Game!"
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/26/2017 03:12 PM CDT
Let me first say that I enjoyed Delirium Manor. The lighten and deepen notes were a big surprise, well designed and exceptionally executed. I liked the clays where I could create my own custom accessory, and Haliste was excellent in fixing up a minor issue I had with one of them. Modifying the drop rates for the heads and glues was appreciated by most I believe, and allowed more people to partake in the accessory plundering. And last but not least, the happy hours were entertaining.

On to actual feedback:

I understand the next version of this event may change, so here are some suggestions for improvements.

- Limit the types of items dropped.
- I liked the Simucoin items, vellum tickets, vouchers, parchments, L/D notes and jackpots.
- Have basically tickets to purchase things, vouchers/parchments/notes to upgrade existing items, or jackpots.

- The purpose of these changes is to reduce the overall amount of different items that a player has to manage.
- The benefit to you, is that people don't waste time trying to manage 500 different nouns, so they can play faster and more often, which means more profit.
- The benefit to us, is that we don't waste time managing 500 different nouns, or create massive screen scroll trading accessories in, and can play faster and more often.

- Move all the accessories to a gift shop area.
- Offer the accessories in either a sorted by worn location type of setup, so I can go to the hair room and see all the different types of hair.
- Or ... sort the accessories in a type of "collectible set" type of thing, so I can go to the "wizard" room and buy all the pieces to make the wizard collectible, or the warrior collectible, etc. Lots of people like collecting sets of things, so design some collectible sets and let people collect the set, mix and match, etc.
- Just appear to have some sort of design intent in the offerings instead of haphazardly tossing items here and there. Sorting by worn location makes for easier purchasing, I don't have to wander around looking for the right room with the item I want. Sorting by "collectible" has that same ease of purchasing, and it's more fun than just having a bunch of random items that you try to piece together to make something you like.

- Offer anything that is not a simucoin item, vellum ticket, voucher, parchment, note or jackpot in the gift shop for tickets.
- Also, offer the base level items that can be upgraded with the vouchers and parchments in the gift shop.
- I ended up pawning 99% of the items when I would have much preferred to just receive tickets for them that I could put in my handy ticket pouch. If I want something, give me the option to purchase it in the gift shop, instead of dumping hundreds of the same item on me that I have to carry to the pawnshop to sell.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/26/2017 06:32 PM CDT
I had fun with this event! Despite no jackpot wins on my part with 150 entries, the lightening and deepening notes were fantastic and made everything worthwhile on their own, never mind anything else I found. It's great to see this new automation with both the notes and unlock vouchers. The Chronomage capsules are also awesome additions--both now and for any spheres dropped in future non-DM events.

I'm looking forward to the next run of DM, whenever that might be. Especially if playershops are all done by then, so a much smaller percentage of the piles of things like Rainbowear or head accessories would go straight to the pawnshop.

For constructive criticism, I wish I could show one of the manor NPCs my container and have them buy everything inside, like the furrier or gem shop. I'm sure I'd make mistakes, but it's still better than handing things over one by one. Unloading was the one thing to dread about this event, but... it's a very, very real dread. :P

Lastly, back to a positive note: this was my first time at DM and I really enjoyed the design of lots of the doll clothing. Even though they ultimately only turned into 2 tickets in the end and could be considered disappointing finds in a way, I kept looking forward to at least seeing the descriptions all the way to the end. Well-crafted text or nostalgic references, they were so well-done! (Even wished there were full-sized versions many times...)
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/26/2017 07:18 PM CDT
"For constructive criticism, I wish I could show one of the manor NPCs my container and have them buy everything inside, like the furrier or gem shop. I'm sure I'd make mistakes, but it's still better than handing things over one by one. Unloading was the one thing to dread about this event, but... it's a very, very real dread. :P-Leafiara"

Maybe each item capable of being turned in for tickets could have a one time transform to tickets option that ends when the even ends.

GBB
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/26/2017 08:03 PM CDT
I agree 100% with what Veythorne is saying.

I had a good time all in all, I never actually got the jackpots I wanted (the whisper backpack and the magician's hat). I actually didn't get a jackpot on that level at all.

The things I liked, I loved the spheres and the capsules! probably the most useful thing out of the entire event for me. Love the Toffit clothing, however I wish it had unlock certs like the Dawdly pots did. The lighten/deepen certs were a nice touch as well. I love that you allowed us the ability to actually assemble the doll minus the core, unless you got really lucky (which I didn't) but it was still really nice. I loved that there were two gem cutter patterns in the shop! They are the only thing in the shop I bought.

Now to the things that I think need fixed.

Ruffs need to go away, for the love of god, so many, and I will never wear one. The sheaths, I have a warrior that can make sheaths so this was also useless to me, would rather see love for warriors and give them the ability to further alter their sheaths. The shear randomness of the jackpots were a bit disconcerting, I spent about 200 dollars and never got one. For a fluff event I felt they should be a little more plentiful. And honestly the shop is filled with junk that I would never purchase except for the patterns which I did. The return on money and time invested just didn't pan out for me this time, and I likely will not do it again with the way that it stands. If things change I probably will go back, but if you compare it to duskruin it just doesn't hold a candle in my opinion in terms of utility. For the life of me I don't understand why a fluff event, with non game breaking items potentially being offered, why they aren't more easily gotten. Also like I said before, if you are offering items that can be found, you should also offer unlock certs to go with them so people can actually use them, instead of them sitting on a bunch of Tier 2 clothing that will probably never be unlocked.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/26/2017 08:12 PM CDT

so sheer on the randomness on jackpots. i spend 339 in real money and bought at least 20 books probably more. i got one on monday or tuesday never saw another on this characater well except seeing others grab it.

So in two dm events I have gone thousands of searches and never got a core or anything besides a large locker contract. Only thing that made me not despise the first one was during happy hours at the end i got 3 of the large locker contracts. If not for that I would have been down 50m or so.

ALl in all this event isn't terrible except for the prize issue.

Grand Lord Beldannon (still waiting for my master fisherman title or just Fisherman.
Master Fisherman Beldannon, or Grand Lord Beldannon the fisherman or the master fisherman can't be too hard
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 01:33 AM CDT
> @GBB: Unloading was the one thing to dread about this event, but... it's a very, very real dread.

... I made a quick and dirty script for it and it was still painful!

So this is a second for the Jeweler mechanics!

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 01:35 AM CDT
>Ruffs need to go away,

But there were so many jokes made! We'd have missed them!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BViJ-Tmg2h1/

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 03:39 PM CDT
>>For constructive criticism, I wish I could show one of the manor NPCs my container and have them buy everything inside, like the furrier or gem shop. I'm sure I'd make mistakes, but it's still better than handing things over one by one. Unloading was the one thing to dread about this event, but... it's a very, very real dread. :P

Looping through container inventory is some dangerous stuff.

Wyrom, PM
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 04:36 PM CDT
> Looping through container inventory is some dangerous stuff.

Newsby feels like she wants to make that a quote of the week. :)

---
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 09:10 PM CDT
>> Looping through container inventory is some dangerous stuff.

That's pretty much what the script I did to sell off every doll part in my inventory did... And probably in a way that people around me weren't too happy about, at times.

I'm still of the opinion that the inventory management was my biggest gripe. It sounds good up-front, but 500 unique items, in a game where you have only so many slots, just doesn't work out too well. Either the cases need to hold ALL your doll parts, or some other sort of system has to come around. I personally hated knowing how much work had to have gone into all those items, just to be pretty much forced to chuck them for pragmatic reasons. I REALLY wish that either the cases hold all parts, or the doll parts primarily come from a prize wall so you can pick and choose which ones you want (And you can even have "legendary" doll item vouchers come from the junk piles or something, and that's the only way to get some of the rarest items).
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 09:47 PM CDT

Regarding the jackpot wins, it'd be nice if something was implemented similar to Hearthstone's (the card game) pity timer. In that game when you buy card packs to open you have a random chance of pulling a legendary (the highest tier) in each pack. If you open around 39 packs and don't pull any legendary cards, the game takes pity on you, and your 40th pack will have a legendary. 40 packs costs about $50. This has taken a little of the sting out of the gambling aspect of opening packs, because eventually you will get something.

If something like that could be implemented for these RNG fiestas it'd be great. The randomness right now seems a bit too random. Someone mentioned that they did 700 runs and didn't get a jackpot. If true, that's insane. I did around 300 runs and got 2 jackpots. I'm not sure what break point you guys are looking for on this? How many runs on average should net a jackpot?

An alternative to the happy hour system would be nice as well. How it's setup right now, there's little incentive to even going in on a non-happy hour. Maybe make happy hours a personal system? Something that you can randomly find while searching. Search and find a luck potion or something and you can drink it to get extra searches or increased odds for an hour.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 09:56 PM CDT

Request to allow more frequent shaking of the dollhouse :)
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 10:45 PM CDT
>>Request to allow more frequent shaking of the dollhouse :)
A friend in game who loved shaking the dollhouse during EG fell in love with the EZscripted dollhouse toy. The designer of that deserves a nod for somewhat fulfilling that urge during the non-DM times.

Re: General Feedback on DM 06/27/2017 11:21 PM CDT
>>Request to allow more frequent shaking of the dollhouse :)

I like that thinking! Also still wish I could pour a drink on the dollhouse to knock people over with ale waves...

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 06:10 AM CDT
>The designer of that deserves a nod

You can nod at GM Necios. :)

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 07:33 AM CDT
>I'm still of the opinion that the inventory management was my biggest gripe. It sounds good up-front, but 500 unique items, in a game where you have only so many slots, just doesn't work out too well. Either the cases need to hold ALL your doll parts, or some other sort of system has to come around.

Two years back I got a T5 item from EG. It was a a leaf-motif servingware case.

The case is a pretty neat item, though it wasn't something I would ever make use of and I sold it off. The case, when opened would open to a platter and it can hold 4 teacups, 4 mugs, 4 goblets, 4 plates, 4 saucers, 4 forks, 4 knives, 4 spoons, 4 teaspoons, 1 kettle, supposedly a bottle of tea flavoring.. etc.. they stack and then when you close the case, they disappear, so it's 1 item.

The case could be set down (but you're subject to the craptastic janitor should you crash or even, as far as I know, other people picking it up) to open it and interact with. Or you can open it while holding, but the servingware case goes from 1 item to whatever piece count you have inside (if you have 20 items in it, the case goes from counting as 1 item when closed to 21 items when open - 20 for the stacked items +1 for the platter itself) and could cause you issues if it pushes you past the max item limit you can hold.

Anyway, maybe they could design a similar trunk/box/case that allows similar doll items to be stacked when closed so it only counts as 1 item, it would expand to the number of items you have put in there when opened. There's already code out there that does this with the servingwear cases, so maybe a NIR could take a look at it and use it or at least modify it to function as a doll item container....?

-Drumpel
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 07:45 AM CDT
> that allows similar doll items to be stacked

This is exactly what the doll cases do. In theory, at least. In some cases, items weren't stacking because of minor differences in them, but same-items should stack with same-items. So if you had a doll case that held 30 items (which is the limit on the off-the-shelf cases), you could have 500 doll torsos in it, but it would only count as 1 slot taken. And, the case's weight wasn't affected, so your one case could pretty much hold an infinite number of items, but only 30 different descriptions.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 08:22 AM CDT

yeah, the cases would be a solutuon, if they were upped to significantly more slots. other than holding doll parts (which didnt always stack properly, yeah) holding the other items was usually 1, maybe 2 per slot, because of variety.

given the highly specific nature, having more slots be a special thing seems odd, but the more also isnt enough to really make a difference. holding ten more of 500 parts isnt going to change things.

id rather the cases have two dimensions (to get to items faster), hold 500 to 1000 (for future expansion) and special ones basically be ones where you can pull out a random part every day or something.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 08:51 AM CDT
>given the highly specific nature, having more slots be a special thing seems odd, but the more also isnt enough to really make a difference. holding ten more of 500 parts isnt going to change things.

>id rather the cases have two dimensions (to get to items faster), hold 500 to 1000 (for future expansion) and special ones basically be ones where you can pull out a random part every day or something.

I don't have a case, DM isn't my thing. But it would be neat if there was a doll accessory case that when opened, would be setup like lockers are for a premium account. There would be a weapon rack, armor stand, and so on. Each item that falls into these categories would be kept in their corresponding location. Any weapon for the dolls would be kept on the weapon rack, any armor on the armor stand and so on.

Just a thought.

-Drumpel
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 10:28 AM CDT
Doll Cases ...

Imagine the surprise of my inner little girl when the doll would not store in the case with her clothes!

---
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 11:48 AM CDT
>Imagine the surprise...

I suppose I COULD allow the dolls to be stored in the doll case, but it would not be held weightlessly like the accessories/parts. I'll ponder on this.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 04:12 PM CDT
Store the dolls in the dollhouse toys?

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: General Feedback on DM - Capsule fork 06/28/2017 04:27 PM CDT
I'd like to suggest a capsule like device for other common items.

It would be nice to have a capsule device for a small statue, white/blue/black crystals, wands, etc.
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 08:09 PM CDT

This may be more of a game mechanics question than a DM question, but, after all these years, why does the game still have a 500 item limit oin character items?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 08:13 PM CDT
>> This may be more of a game mechanics question than a DM question, but, after all these years, why does the game still have a 500 item limit on character items?

Somewhere after 500 items you start running into character corruption issues. They'd probably need to update / change some of the underlying nuts and bolts of the game to address this.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: General Feedback on DM 06/28/2017 09:27 PM CDT

"Somewhere after 500 items you start running into character corruption issues. They'd probably need to update / change some of the underlying nuts and bolts of the game to address this"

Nuts and bolts? Like the ones that connect the hamster wheel to the support base?

Id be interested in hearing more about the 500 item count limit, what would be the best subforum to discuss this topic.
Prev_page Previous 1