Found in the Thirsty Penguin: A ribbon-tied parchment 02/10/2015 02:27 PM CST
The strange parchment was discovered on the floor of the Thirsty Penguin on Restday, the 8th of Fashanos. It could not be read nor written on, and seemed fussy about being in the hands of anyone who had previously touched it. However, upon having a bard sing to it, it revealed this story:

Mist enshrouds your vision for several seconds, and when it clears you find yourself gazing into a shadow-riddled orchard. Long spindled branches dip into the lane and are laden with plump apples that shine in the silvery moonlight. Strolling with purpose, a wrinkled old man glides across the dusty trail that winds through the gnarled trees, his beady eyes glittering with purpose. Slowly, the vision fades away.

Chilling mist clings to your skin, and you find yourself gazing a high tower. A commotion in the front yard draws your eyes to a wrought iron gate, and within seconds you find yourself standing before it. Men with torches form a ring around an elven man that is bound by the feet and ankles. Nearly falling from his horse, an injured man, dressed in the finery of a lord, issues several orders, and the crowded courtyard bustles with activity. On the edges of the slowly emptying yard, a wrinkled old man with beady eyes watches, his face drawn downward into a frown. Slowly, the vision fades away.

Slowly obscuring your vision, a fine mist rises all around you. Images flow through the mist, and in each of them is an old man gifting various people with trinkets, charms, bowls, or other small items. Each of these gifts is received with genuine delight and quickly stored away or placed on display within a home or shop. Slowly, the vision fades, and with it all traces of the aged man.

The parchment vibrates in your hand, but you learn nothing more from its cold presence.

The parchment was left where it was found, but has since vanished.

Interesting times ahead, I expect!

~Nia
Re: Found in the Thirsty Penguin: A ribbon-tied parchment 02/14/2015 08:38 AM CST

Interesting!

Cryheart
Re: Found in the Thirsty Penguin: A ribbon-tied parchment 02/28/2015 02:40 PM CST
Huh, neat!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow