Another Dawn 01/10/2015 12:22 PM CST
I stand atop the eastern tower of the North Gate of Wehnimer's Landing, watching as the sun rises above the horizon; a new dawn, a new day, perhaps even a new beginning for some. My thoughts, in Tehir, center on the events of last night.

Phever and I got to bed late, just like everyone else I suppose, after the events of last night. What a night it was. A night of unity, a night of cooperation, and a night of victory. It has been a very long time since I've seen the people of Wehnimer's Landing work together for a common goal and I have to say, it was very gratifying to be a small part of it all. I hope everyone involved can step back and savour this moment for there is very little in life that is as fulfilling as coming home, alive, and victorious.

However, we did suffer a greivous loss last night; Aralyte, the Palestra Blade, sacrificed herself so that those of us who entered the realm of Shadow could return home. It was a truly selfless act, one worthy of honour and remembrance. Had she not given of herself as she did many of us may not have returned to our friends, family, and loved ones. I am truly thankful for what she did, and I will remember her sacrifice, always.

There are those who wish to mount a rescue for the Blade, but I do not believe it will work, for it was the Blade who opened the portal we used to enter the Shadow realm and I believe that secret remains with her, beyond our reach. Perhaps, if she still lives, she will be able to open the portal from the other side and return to us. That is my hope; I for one would welcome her, gladly.

Aside from the loss of the Palestra, I am hearing reports from the various groups that all were victorious, each successfully completing it's mission, in unison. Perhaps there is hope for this town yet, although I won't be a bit surprised if the factions and the agendas return, it seems to be the way of a free town. But would it truly be Wehnimer's Landing if those were absent? Probably not.

I admit, I had my doubts that last night would be the success that it was and I was actually prepared for the worst, or at least the worst as I could imagine it. I carried my doubts with me into the realm of Shadow, knowing it was wrong to do so, but I couldn't help it. I was also distrustful of the motives of some of those around me, paying closer attention to their actions than to the threats around me, waiting for some nefarious plot that never materialized; I was paranoid I suppose, or perhaps just overly-cautious. Either way, I was mistaken in my worry.

Well, Phever should be stirring soon and I wish to be there when she wakes. Perhaps soon, after things settle down a bit more, a wedding can be planned. Peace, though far from being one of my favorite things, does have it's benefits, occasionally.

OOC NOTE To EVERYONE who became a part of this story-line, GM's, NPC's, and player/character(s) alike, you have my gratitude and my utmost respect. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this fantastic saga and it would not have been possible without each of you. Thank you.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato