A belated report on the other night's action. 10/06/2014 10:26 PM CDT
A report to Thrayzar and Councilman Juramis and all citizens of Wheimer's.

Apparently, I have become the captain of the Merchant Road's pylon. I prefer to think of myself as a sergant, though.

On the 4th... The golems returned. with the airships once again, I led another group to the pylon at the merchant road. which seems to be my appointed place when these attacks occur.

For once, most everyone worked together....and all pylons were in operation. The Lake Eonak site was under attack from both golems and Zombies rising from the Lake. The Landing pylon was overrun by golems. Despite that. we took a heavy toll on the invading airships. and were able to defeat a great many of them before they were able to drop their cargo on the town. As far as casualties go. They were moderate among the defenders. and we only lost one person in my crew.(More to follow below). Luck was on our side, and skill.

Commendations are due to the following: Madmountan Goldstr Balantine Evia Dalirazza and Darcthundar.

Special recognition is due to a young giantkin, who arrived in the midst of the battle. his name is truje. and he accounted for the destruction of eight airships before shadowy tendrils impregnated him with moulis. His last action before the Moulis scrapings burst from his abdomen was to fire one last shot. destroying an airship. That was heading for one of the other pylon positons. He also took down ships that were headed right for our position, before the shadows attacked him.

In the event of future attacks, I recommend that any spiritual spellcasters attached to any of the pylons, please use their magic to light up the area. It may help in combatting the shadows....I'm willing to take the trade-off of being illuminated for any would be golem attackers.

I don't know how much more of this this city can take. We need to find where these airships are hidden. I urge everyone to keep their eyes open in their travels for signs of the Golems and their airships. If we do manage to get word of their location, I volunteer to accompany the raid.

~Hapenlok

OOC Note: Truje is a fairly new person to Gemstone. Felt bad that he got owned by the shadows his first time up....but at least we managed to get him some pylon time....Damn shame he got killed outside the north gate trying to run back to us. I should have told him to stay where he was. Didn't realize the north gate was getting hit so hard. It's like Ephya all over again! :) Wasn't Aiska a new player when she got involved with the Cross into shadows, as well?
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 03:13 AM CDT
Haha, Truje is awesome.

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 12:17 PM CDT
I don't know Truje but now I want to! (And yes, I started this summer.)

PS: TEAM EONAK 4 LYF

[LNet]-GSIV:Rhaz: "Aiska needs to come with a warning label"
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 12:27 PM CDT
I love Truje as well. Last night, he mistakenly thought that the beginning of the undead invasion was another Pylon scenario, so I went over and explained to him what was going on. He was very brave and helped as much as he could before he died. I like this guy.

-Madmountan's Player
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 12:34 PM CDT
Add me to the "like him" club.

I thought it was exceptionally brave how he offered to stand and be a meat shield during the invasion. I hope he found a way he can participate in the towers (which is where Stormy was telling him he should go).

I should have thought to Ephya and had her pull him in, my bad for not thinking of it in the moment.

~Nichoel, the Muse.

You watch in horror as Altheorn begins to dig his fingernails into his flesh, painfully, and agonizingly scratching a name over and over into his skin. Stormyrain, Stormyrain, Stormyrain.
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 01:03 PM CDT

<I should have thought to Ephya and had her pull him in, my bad for not thinking of it in the moment.

Yup. He showed up in the tower and did a GREAT job. He died when he ran down to collect the arrows he shot because he did not want to waste them and he cried when he hit Telv with an arrow.

It was a riot. Fun RP and he picked it up quick.
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 02:28 PM CDT
It's awesome to see truly new players! Hurray!

Velvette
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 10:37 PM CDT
TRUJE LIVES!
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 10/07/2014 11:05 PM CDT
Never underestimate the power of deeds!

<grin>

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: A belated report on the other night's action. 03/06/2015 03:13 PM CST
Thanks for your concern. Truje actually was proud of himself, despite dying in the attempt, for attempting to get back to his Pylon unit while the battle was still raging. He did however feel bad for making the empaths and clerics waste time and manna on him when there was more worthy and powerful people to be tended.

OOC: Sorry to take so long in responding, months as it is, but had to get my own account to do it.