Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 03:29 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the right place but looking for some one/people who are in the same boat as I am. I've been gone for years and though I've 'peeked' in a few times a lot of the current mechanics are foreign to me. I'm on a new account for now just trying to get back that feeling I had when I played before (still low lvl and dying for my first cloak). It's especially hard when you don't know anyone anymore. I know the point is to role play and meet people but I'm kind of shy to begin with and feel kind of stupid currently. I've forgotten so much, though I've been trying to read info when I find something I don't recognize. Anyways, if your kind of stuck in the same spot maybe we can work out a way to meet in game? I had alot more fun back when there was people to reliably interact with.
Thanks for reading this far :)
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 03:38 PM CDT
If you want to slap a character name and location up, I am sure folks would be happy to re-introduce you to the world -- mechanically and socially.

If you aren't aware the Silverwood Manor has a bunch of mentors around. Ring the bell and I am certain someone there would love to help.

If you are in River's Rest there is a player organization that is sort of geared towards helping folks out -- Stewards of the Fallen Citadel. Kretan (one of my characters) is an officer and is usually receptive to new faces (half-krolvin may have a problem :) ).

Keep at it. I got a couple of lower level characters I play, too...but I keep them under wraps, so to speak.
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 04:14 PM CDT
Character name is Ivyira, lvl 5 half-elf bard and Landing is the location. (Only starting area I'm familiar with)

As to the mentors, their help is much appreciated and I have used it before, and may again for mechanics questions I just can't find elsewhere, but I'm looking more for people to actively DO things with in-game as I re-learn.

River's rest has been lost to me since the big boot days. I don't think that way is used anymore..

Thanks for the reply :)
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 04:24 PM CDT
Nope, the boot is no longer the way out to the Rest. I will keep an eye out for Ivyira, then, with my lower level characters. There are some great bards out there around the Landing. You will have no shortage of mentors for that character.

I am certain with time (levels 10+ tend to be a bit easier to find contemporaries) you'll run into some good folks in the same levels.

Good luck to ya.
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 06:56 PM CDT
Thuunk ran into Ivyira at Kilrons earlier. There was another younger in there at the time, picking out a new weapon to test.

Thuunk
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/25/2010 08:43 PM CDT
I'm surprised you would remember that without interaction. I must REALLLY be out of practice! I'll have to pay more attention now.

:)
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 07/26/2010 12:13 PM CDT
GO to Silverwood Manor and ring the bell for a Mentor. We LOVE to help people get re-acquainted. If you are in a town without a Silverwood Manor (they are in Ta'Vaalor, Landing, and Icemule) send an AIM my way to serehhealer and we will hook you up

Sereh
Re: Back after a long absence.. Looking for same 01/05/2011 01:45 PM CST
Folks are always welcome to come bug Japhrimel. I'm usually just randomly flirting with someone or hunting.