Want enchanting 10/01/2018 01:14 PM CDT
I have a 4x perfect greatsword that I want made 5x. I have up to five million silver to spend. Please use the forum email link to contact me.
Re: Want enchanting 10/01/2018 01:48 PM CDT
My Major is about three weeks from being done--I'm halfway through the 6th cycle, and then have the 7th to go yet--but after that I could do something nice and quick like a 5x.

Post again in mid-to-late October if you want me to meet you.

Anticipate that actual Enchanting to take somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-27 days, unless you happen onto a Mage with good EL:Water skills and time-reducing potions [expect to pay a premium for using those, however].
Re: Want enchanting 10/01/2018 03:18 PM CDT
I will write again in mid-to-late October.
Re: Want enchanting 10/01/2018 03:39 PM CDT
Works for me. (But if anyone else chimes in sooner, by all means feel free to take them up on it.)
Re: Want enchanting 10/01/2018 07:24 PM CDT
This project should only cost you 2-3 million to have done by the way.

-- Robert

In a shuddering pronouncement, a deathsworn fanatic says, "On wings blacker than night, they ascend to the highest heavens. The Black Prince lies dreaming, never to sleep!"

A zombie looks at the ground longingly.
Re: Want enchanting 10/02/2018 08:28 AM CDT
Wow, have prices risen by that much?! I still think in terms of a 5x being ~ 1M.

(Then again, I think 'modern' prices are outrageous. I still think in terms of 20 40 60 90 150 250 400 600 [for the first 8 Enchants]...)
Re: Want enchanting 10/02/2018 08:58 AM CDT
>> Wow, have prices risen by that much?! I still think in terms of a 5x being ~ 1M.

As a 'standard price' it has been 2/4/6 million for a 5x/6x/7x enchant for a number of years (effectively ~2 million per month).

More 'recently', with the introduction of fusion and the enchanting updates allowing padded / weighted items to be enchanted the price has gone up (also the value of silver as a currency has declined some as well contributing to an increase as well).

There are still wizards out there that will do the work for less - if you know one (or are one) more power to you!

Speaking for Faulkil specifically, he has years worth of his own projects to do (see note about being able to enchant padded / weighted items) so isn't really interested in taking on work for less than 3 million per month (though I did agree to do my current fee based 4x-7x project for only 15 million silver instead of 18 million).

-- Robert

In a shuddering pronouncement, a deathsworn fanatic says, "On wings blacker than night, they ascend to the highest heavens. The Black Prince lies dreaming, never to sleep!"

A zombie looks at the ground longingly.
Re: Want enchanting 10/02/2018 09:54 AM CDT
Good explanation; I haven't really stayed on top of what folks were doing. (And Robert == 0 Water Lore, so it's not like I'm doing any of the 'specials'.)

Turner, split the difference? 1.5M for the 5x work for you? (You know... in a couple of weeks... :)
Re: Want enchanting 10/02/2018 06:57 PM CDT
I accept.
Re: Want enchanting 10/02/2018 06:59 PM CDT
At those rates, I would pay for 5x to 6x, but 5x is still very good.
Re: Want enchanting 10/15/2018 10:59 AM CDT
Please choose when and where I can meet you. My schedule is very flexible.
Re: Want enchanting 10/15/2018 12:08 PM CDT
I looked at it over the weekend and it was still cooking, so hopefully... "any day now."