440/525 - Elemental Traveller 09/26/2021 01:40 PM CDT
Spit-balling a suggestion for 440 or replacement spell for 525.

The caster has mastered elemental travel via the confluence such that they are able to temporarily influence elemental instabilities and redirect the entrances to connect more closely with their desired destination.

By casting this spell in the same location (room) as an existing point of elemental instability the caster can specify a region and create a brief connection through the instability to that region.

e.g. prep 440 / Cast Ta'Illistim (or INCANT 440 Ta'Illistim)

Upon success, for the next 30 seconds after casting this spell, the caster would be able to step into the point of instability and come out at a matching elemental instability in the desired region. Failure to cast the spell correctly will result in the caster being drawn into the local instability at a random location.

Casters with an elemental attunement are also able to CHANNEL this spell to create a temporary elemental instability of a matching element. This temporary instability will last for roughly 30-90 seconds before unravelling.

Training in the Elemental Lore(s) associated with the elemental instability being influenced or summoned helps determine success or failure.

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
Re: 440/525 - Elemental Traveller 09/30/2021 08:26 PM CDT

Sort of like cross-realms Familiar Gate.

Now I'm gonna respond with two things- first that there's a spell suggestion for something similar (no offense, this is a great post) that was more in tune with Chronomage magic. This is cooler in that it could be more with a familiar? So I'll offer this to the GM's that we make it possible to accomplish this with a Familiar Gate. The way to achieve would have to be pretty drastic, like some huge amount of ranks only possible post-cap and probably involving some special kind of object that is not easy to make or get your hands on, something requiring Essence for example or some special potion. So your familiar runs to the different location and then you anchor there and open a gate. I think that would be cool.

Dragons r Real