Infused Tempering potions clarification 02/23/2021 12:26 PM CST
Hey guys,
There's been a lot of confusion on how these potions work. So to clear that up I'm making this post. For those unfamiliar, on the previous version of enchant you could collect mana and infuse it into tempering potions to reduce enchant times. If you previously made one of these potions and didn't use it, you can now drink from it to gain essence on the new enchant system. I've also updated some of the messaging for clarity, outlined below. Some bullet points...

-These potions will not use charges until you've depleted all of the essence out of them. This is intentional and prevents them from disappearing prematurely and wasting your essence.
-These potions are not limited by your weekly cap and will not count towards it. They are only limited by your total cap.
-These potions can be 405'd to see how much essence they contain.
-You will get a warning on the first attempt to drink from the potion and will require a second to "confirm".
-If you previously used one of these potions and the value went negative, drinking from it again will fix it. So no need to assist.
-If your total essence is nearly full and the potion would put you over, it'll only use as much essence as required to take you to the total cap.

Here are some clips of what to expect when using these potions.

Detect (405)
You gesture at a mirtokh potion.
The layers of essence permeating the mirtokh potion unfold before you to reveal the patterns of an enchanting potion. You determine that a mirtokh potion is a standard potion used to prepare items for enchantment up to 6 times.

Waves of mana surrounding the mirtokh potion causes your vision to blur slightly, however peering deeply into the flows of essence you discover that it has been infused with mana by you. Also, you determine that the mirtokh potion contains 295,750 essence for consumption.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Drinking
>drink my pot
You take a drink from your mirtokh potion.
The fiery liquid burns your throat as you drink it, causing you to cough and gag!
As you bring the potion to your lips, you pause to consider how much liquid remains within and whether you are sure of this plan.
[You may drink the potion again within 15 seconds to consume some of the mana infused within. Doing so will increase the essence you have available for enchanting if you are the wizard who infused this potion. The amount of essence gained counts toward your total maximum and cannot exceed this limit.]
You have only about 4 quaffs left.
>drink my pot
The fiery liquid burns your throat as you drink it, causing you to cough and gag!

[You sense that you have absorbed 48,750 essence for enchanting, with 247,000 remaining.]

>resource
Health: 185/185 Mana: 505/505 Stamina: 130/130 Spirit: 10/10
Essence: 1,337/50,000 (Weekly) 50,087/200,000 (Total)

Notice in the above a few things: First the pours do not change. You started with 4 quaffs and end with 4 quaffs. Also I've added a remaining amount to the messaging so you can see how much is left without having to 405 it between each use. You'll also notice that resource total is the only amount that increased.

Once you've exhausted the essence in the potions they will resume being depleted normally.
>drink my pot

[You sense that you have absorbed 3,250 essence for enchanting, with 0 remaining.]

You have only about 2 quaffs left.
>drink my pot
You only have one quaff left.
>drink my pot
YUCK! That stuff tastes horrible!
That was the last drop.
The delicate bottle shatters into twinkling dust.

Nearly full total essence
>resource
Essence: 1,337/50,000 (Weekly) 198,250/200,000 (Total)
>drink my pot
YUCK! That stuff tastes horrible!
As you bring the potion to your lips, you pause to consider how much liquid remains within and whether you are sure of this plan.
[You may drink the potion again within 15 seconds to consume some of the mana infused within. Doing so will increase the essence you have available for enchanting if you are the wizard who infused this potion. The amount of essence gained counts toward your total maximum and cannot exceed this limit.]
>drink my pot

[You sense that you have absorbed 1,625 essence for enchanting, with 99,125 remaining.]

>resource
Essence: 1,337/50,000 (Weekly) 199,875/200,000 (Total)

Notice it only took as much essence from the potion as required to keep the user under the 200,000 cap. Note: Due to maths, it did not reach 200,000 to avoid wasting essence due to conversion ratios.

Hopefully this post clears up some of the confusion on these guys and makes them a little easier to use. If you have any questions, then feel free to respond to this thread.

Viduus
Re: Infused Tempering potions clarification 03/01/2021 09:50 PM CST
A reminder on these potions. They can only be used by the person that infused them. If you're attempting to use them on a wizard that didn't infuse them, they will fail.

Viduus
Re: Infused Tempering potions clarification 03/03/2021 03:43 AM CST
A reminder on these potions. They can only be used by the person that infused them. If you're attempting to use them on a wizard that didn't infuse them, they will fail.

Viduus

Hi viduus some of these potions are bugged again and a lot of them but not all are displaying wacky numbers.

Waves of mana surrounding the mirtokh potion causes your vision to blur slightly, however peering deeply into the flows of essence you discover that it has been infused with mana by you. Also, you determine that the mirtokh potion contains -555,196 essence for consumption.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

and

The layers of essence permeating the mirtokh potion unfold before you to reveal the patterns of an enchanting potion. You determine that a mirtokh potion is a standard potion used to prepare items for enchantment up to 6 times.

Waves of mana surrounding the mirtokh potion causes your vision to blur slightly, however peering deeply into the flows of essence you discover that it has been infused with mana by you. Also, you determine that the mirtokh potion contains 1,522,107 essence for consumption.

Re: Infused Tempering potions clarification 03/03/2021 03:56 AM CST
1,522,107 is 30 weeks worth, the most I've ever infused in 1 potion was 12 weeks worth so not sure what's happened. I have feeling that the 1,522,107 is actually only a full 3 weeks worth because I have a lot of those left over but there are no potions displaying 150k essence (the old 96%) I haven't gone through them all but most of them are bugged again.
Re: Infused Tempering potions clarification 03/03/2021 11:40 AM CST
>>Waves of mana surrounding the mirtokh potion causes your vision to blur slightly, however peering deeply into the flows of essence you discover that it has been infused with mana by you. Also, you determine that the mirtokh potion contains -555,196 essence for consumption.

>>Waves of mana surrounding the mirtokh potion causes your vision to blur slightly, however peering deeply into the flows of essence you discover that it has been infused with mana by you. Also, you determine that the mirtokh potion contains 1,522,107 essence for consumption.

These look like they may be display errors rather than actual problems with the potion values. Have you actually drank from any of these at any point, or are you just casting 405 at them? They won't get converted until the first consumption, and 405 won't accurately represent the remaining essence until they're converted.

There was at least one bug in the previous conversion logic I fixed when returning last year, and since these potions go through three conversions (mana>16k essence>50k essence) that bug may have derailed the process. I can insure using 405 on a potion converts it before displaying values, but I'd like to examine your potions to see if there's any potential holes in the process before doing that. If you'll toss up an assist when you get a chance I'll pop in and look at them.

As a general note for anyone with these potions. If you're concerned with issues in using them, then just register them before the attempt. That'll let me see the original state they were in if they have any weird properties that bomb out the conversion process - which also attempts to log the original state but may get errored out.

Viduus