Spell goals 01/10/2021 02:24 AM CST
Any thoughts on the best ultimate (like 3X at cap) spell training for a bolting wizard? My pure wizard (almost all bolting, rarely any CS spells, and enchants but only as a sideline) is currently level 73 with 59 minor elemental spells, 52 major elemental, and 65 wizard. The 65 wizard spells seem to make him able to do 7X enchants with no problem, and I don't need more than that at the moment. I am planning to to 75 in minor elemental for the 425 bonus when bolting, but where do I go from there?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Spell goals 01/10/2021 08:10 AM CST
I pulled the below information a few years back but I think it is still accurate (I made one update that I was aware had changes).

There are probably the metrics that you would be interested in considering. At a minimum you would probably want to look at getting Major Elt to 100 and Minor Elt to 75 for your Bolt AS. Wizard Spell Ranks gives you more DS than the other circles.

Major Elemental Gains
- .25 DS from 503 (capped at level)
- .50 DS from 507 (capped at level)
- .50 AS from 513 (capped at level)
- CS gains for Leech, Immolation, Ice Patch, Stone Fist
- Increased RT reduction with Haste
- Increased mana that can be leeched
- Increased success with Charge item
- Bonus to Elemental Disjunction

Wizard Rank Gains
- .25 DS from 905 (capped at level)
- 1.0 DS from 913 (capped at level)
- .33 Elt TD from 913 (Not capped at level)
- CS increase for Weapon Fire
- Bonus to Enchanting

Minor Elemental Gains
- .50 AS/CS for every rank over 25 from 425 (capped at 75 ranks)
- .50 DS for every rank known over 30 from 430 (not sure if this is capped at level or not, guessing it would be)
- .50 Elt TD for every rank known over 30 from 430 (not sure if this is capped at level or not, guessing it would not be)

-- Robert

>> Tarence stares at you.
Re: Spell goals 01/10/2021 08:23 AM CST
My training at cap is presently 113 Major Elemental, 77 Minor, 113 Wizard.

Anything over 100 (at least for me) is primarily for the CS roll (Major elementa: Mana Leech and Immolationl) or for enchanting (Wizard) so you might play around with the above 100 training mix between those two to your own liking. I'm not sure there is a compelling reason to take Minor Elt above *77.

*People generally recommend stopping at 75 Ranks in Minor Elemental but it turns out due to some GS formula rounding that I was able to squeeze out an extra CS point at 77 Minor Elt training ranks with my current training.

-- Robert

>> Tarence stares at you.
Re: Spell goals 01/10/2021 01:27 PM CST
Robert, thank you very much. Once again, your information is very helpful.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"