Can't see essence pool anymore. 12/28/2020 11:55 PM CST
I've been busy and have not played much for the last couple of months, so I have not hunted my wizard in a while. Did something change with the sense verb? I used to get a message about how much essence I had in my pool ("you have accumulated a significant amount of essence," etc.). I am not getting that message anymore. I am told how high an enchant I could do, but that is all. Did something change or is something broken?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Can't see essence pool anymore. 12/29/2020 01:07 AM CST
>>I've been busy and have not played much for the last couple of months, so I have not hunted my wizard in a while. Did something change with the sense verb? I used to get a message about how much essence I had in my pool ("you have accumulated a significant amount of essence," etc.). I am not getting that message anymore. I am told how high an enchant I could do, but that is all. Did something change or is something broken?

Yes, things changed, read below.

In addition to the gear standardization changes announced earlier, all professions that earn weekly resource for crafting services have moved to experience-based models, similiar to the system monks use. Wizards, sorcerers, and bards have been updated to use this model. Your previous systems will convert to using a 50k exp a week cap and a 200k exp total cap.

Wizards caps have changed from 16,000 to 50,000, and 64,000 to 200,000. As a result, their current enchant costs have increased by a factor of 3.125 to maintain the same ratio.
Sorcerer caps have changed from 10,000 to 50,000, and 35,000 to 200,000. As a result, their current ensorcell costs have increased by a factor of 5 to maintain the same ratio.
Bard RECALL costs have changed from 1/2/3/4/5 LKPs to 50k/75k/100k/125k/150k LK.

Additionally, any leftover tempering potions infused with mana from the old version of Enchant have been updated to no longer be limited by your weekly cap. You may consume them up to your total cap. If they would put you over your total cap the infused mana will not be converted and will remain with the potion until you have more room.

If you still have uninfused mana, then it is recommended you use the following process to convert it: Find an old style tempering potion - these can still be found at the guild shops and alchemist for the time being. Use the following syntax to convert outstanding mana:

INFUSE <amount> POTION

These potions will eventually be removed from shops and the old mana will at that time move to an automatic conversion to essence. So if you'd like to store it in potions, it is recommended you do so sooner rather than later.

Viduus

This message was originally posted in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics, Magic. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/327/3365/view/481

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Can't see essence pool anymore. 12/29/2020 01:23 AM CST
Thank you for the response.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"