Possibly time to revisit essence gain rates? 08/31/2020 02:06 PM CDT
I'm not sure on overall numbers, but in my microcosm, essence gain feels really slow. I find my level 46 sorcerer wraps up his weekly resource gain roughly in the time it takes to use up gift of lumnis; it takes my 9m+ wizard about double that each week. I know they're different resources and pool numbers and all, but it still feels slow. How do the meta numbers look on the GM side of things and is there any chance of some adjustments?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Possibly time to revisit essence gain rates? 08/31/2020 03:51 PM CDT
Sorcerers can burn through necrojuice gain each week due to it being tied to kills. You can just stay out and kill, kill, kill and grind through it. I think it took me about 2 to 3 hours of arena to max 10,000 essence on my sorcerer this week.

Wizards have to absorb their essence so this is going to take a bit. At 2x EMC, 85 fire lore, and 50 water lore my wizard generally can max 16,000 essence each week with 1 hunt in the morning to saturated and 1 hunt in the evening to saturated. Might take 2 to 3 hunts past lumnis expiring to get that last bit. With 3 EMC on the horizon this will speed up a bit more and probably remove another hour of hunting.

Monks are slowest because they have to absorb their experience for motes. There's been a lot of talk of eventually converting sorcerers and maybe wizards to an experience absorption system as well to even the playing field. Personally, I'd rather things stay the same than any further tweaking at this point. I feel that any tweaks would slow things down, especially for sorcerers.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"