Sorcerer and spell aiming 11/24/2021 10:47 PM CST
I am training for a warding sorcerer; however, reading up on spell aiming, it is required for limb disruption . My question, how much training should I place in spell aiming to effectively aim at specific limbs?
Re: Sorcerer and spell aiming 11/25/2021 11:37 AM CST
If you're not 2x in spell aiming, you'll get a penalty to your CS when using the AIM verb with the spell.

CS penalty = 100 - trunc[ 100 * { SA ranks / (target level * 2 )}]
Re: Sorcerer and spell aiming 11/25/2021 12:37 PM CST
I was 1x SA for a long time and that worked decently if not great, but have come to the conclusion that if you are going to 1x it you may as well 2x it. 2x or not at all.

Avaia, player of
Re: Sorcerer and spell aiming 11/26/2021 03:12 AM CST
Spell aiming is pretty much a full 2x or none at all thing.

Up until I was in the mid to late 50's I got good use out of it, but eventually I stopped using any of the spells it affects enough to justify it and got rid of it in favor of more spell ranks.

Aside from 708, it also factors into the focused versions of 710 and 720. Focused 710 got me through the 20's and focused 720 is always a good "oh crap" spell to get you out of sticky situations... but 720 doesn't rely on SA enough to train in it just for that.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Sorcerer and spell aiming 11/26/2021 10:16 AM CST
Thanks for the advise. I am 2X in spell aiming, but was just wondering if placing training in it was worth it. Going to keep training for awhile and see how it works out for me. Thanks again.
Re: Sorcerer and spell aiming 12/01/2021 10:16 AM CST
Currently (last I knew) targeted Limb Disrupt and focused 710 & 720 requires 1x in SA to be effective. 2x is certainly better, plus it allows you the versatility of using 713 and (if needs be) Fire Spirit. Still not as strong a bolter as a Wizard, but having them as a fallback option doesn't hurt if you're fighting something that has a higher TD than usual. I've found combining 709 and 713 handy when helping higher level players on bandit runs.

Sothog's player