Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 12/29/2020 08:55 PM CST
Ensorcell (735) has been updated so EVOKE uses the temporary version of the spell, while CAST tests the difficulty of an item for the permanent version, and CHANNEL is a committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell. This matches the process that Enchant (925) uses, and will have better usability to have a separate verb for a test and committed version.

Since Sorcerers previously used CHANNEL to both do a test and committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell, we wanted to give people a grace period to learn the new usage so you don't accidentally do a final CHANNEL when you meant to just do a difficulty check. Hence, until 4/1/2021, either a test CAST or CHANNEL will still be required before a permanent committed attempt. After that date, that requirement will go away.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 12/30/2020 04:18 PM CST

Cool. Thanks for including the grace period. My first thought was that I'd mess up a bunch of ensorcells until I got used to it.
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 12/31/2020 01:13 PM CST

thank you for a nice update
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 01/03/2021 01:41 PM CST
Looks great!

Can we change this date: 4/1/2021

3/31/2021 or 4/2/2021? The final announcement might look a little funny otherwise.
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 03/31/2021 10:59 AM CDT
Just a reminder that starting tomorrow, CHANNELing Ensorcell (735) will always be a committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell and not a test cast.

Original announcement below:

Ensorcell (735) has been updated so EVOKE uses the temporary version of the spell, while CAST tests the difficulty of an item for the permanent version, and CHANNEL is a committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell. This matches the process that Enchant (925) uses, and will have better usability to have a separate verb for a test and committed version.

Since Sorcerers previously used CHANNEL to both do a test and committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell, we wanted to give people a grace period to learn the new usage so you don't accidentally do a final CHANNEL when you meant to just do a difficulty check. Hence, until 4/1/2021, either a test CAST or CHANNEL will still be required before a permanent committed attempt. After that date, that requirement will go away.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 03/31/2021 03:30 PM CDT
why is it changing? channeling since ensorcell came out all of a sudden changing, I can't help thinking at could
be a bad thing.
Re: Ensorcell (735) Verb Usage 03/31/2021 05:21 PM CDT
Re-read the original announcement; they were bringing the various spells into line with each other.