Finally made it 06/25/2020 01:20 PM CDT
This one really took a long time, but finally I have my first sorcerer grandmaster:

You are Guild Master of the Sorcerer Guild.
You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 90 days.
You currently have 7 task trading vouchers.
You currently have 248 ranks out of a possible 372 for your training.

You are a Master of Illusions.

You are a Master of General Alchemy.

You are a Master of Alchemic Potions.

You are a Master of Alchemic Trinkets.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Finally made it 06/25/2020 05:29 PM CDT
Congratulations Sir!

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Finally made it 06/27/2020 09:04 PM CDT
Congrats!!

Ooh so we don't need to reach 372 ranks to reach Guild Master?!
Re: Finally made it 06/29/2020 11:38 AM CDT
<<Ooh so we don't need to reach 372 ranks to reach Guild Master?!>>

In case this was a serious question...you can't get 372 ranks unless you're a rogue or warrior, because those are the only two guilds with a full set of 6 skills.

All you need for the Guildmaster title is to Master 1 skill (in your case I assume you have already mastered Illusions), and 125 ranks total in all skills(including the 63 in the skill you mastered). So roughly 62 ranks between the three alchemy skills and master in Illusions would make you eligible for Sorcerer Guildmaster status.

~M
Re: Finally made it 06/29/2020 07:59 PM CDT
Hah! Thank you for enlightening me, Mikalmas! :)
Re: Finally made it 07/16/2020 07:38 AM CDT
First, congratz to DVDMORSE for Grandmaster in yet another profession. How many is that, sir?

Secondly, in response to Krakii's explanation of GUILDmaster requirements, that is completely different than the requirements for GRANDmaster.

A Guildmaster just need 125 ranks total and mastered in at LEAST one of the disciplines. As Krakii noted the warrior and rogue professions have 6 disciplines. All pures, except sorcerers have just 3, and sorcerers has 4.

A Grandmaster is one who has mastered ALL the disciplines for their profession.

~Contemplar~
Re: Finally made it 07/16/2020 08:17 AM CDT
<blink>

Huh? Whazzat?

I think you've got a different 'Robert' confuzzled with me. :) I realize that there are bunches of us (Roberts), and bunches of me (alternate characters), but I didn't weigh in over here.
Until now.

And for clarity: there is a special title of "Master-at-Arms" for GrandMasters in the Warrior guild.
Re: Finally made it 07/16/2020 09:52 AM CDT
Krakii.... I don't think you had enough things on the rocks. Have another and clear your mind a bit more...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Finally made it 07/16/2020 10:04 AM CDT
I'll drink to that! :)
Re: Finally made it 07/16/2020 03:33 PM CDT
>First, congratz to DVDMORSE for Grandmaster in yet another profession. How many is that, sir?

Thanks, Contemplar. Answering that question is going to make people think I'm crazy, but I'll do so anyway. :)

For alchemy, all skills finished:
Two wizards
Two empaths
One cleric (and another with about 100 ranks right now, but I do not play him much)
One sorcerer (and another who has finished Illusions and general and is about half done with trinkets)

Squares:
Two warriors (and another with three skills done and a fourth at 47 ranks)
Two rogues (and a third with everything done but lockmastery, but he does not pick, so that is as far as he is going)

Yes, that's a lot of guild work. I have been at this for a long time. :)

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"