730 02/22/2020 02:26 PM CST
I love this spell. I'd love to see it being used more often. I think there's something glaringly wrong when you consider only sorcerers who have a soulstone wand walking around with animates all the time. While a few spells in the game have items associated to make the better and more useful, none of them are quite on this level and with the rarity of the soulstone wand.

My problem with 730 as it stands is the duration and how its able to be refreshed. While I think it's a good concept, I think in practice it falls very short. There are often times where you are unable to get to a critter to sacrifice it, sacrifice is very finicky and hard to get off at times and many creatures shake stuns. I would like to see a way to be able to hold some charges of sacrificed things to refresh the duration of an animate later. My ideas on this are as follows.

1. A more widely available item, such as a phylactery where you can go out and store up some charges from stuff you've sacrificed to use later. Even it this puts your sacrifice into cool down when it's used. I think 2 to 3 charges being able to be stored would go a long way when you are put into a spot where its not super easy to run away to kill a monster for this.

2. At breakpoints, using necromancy lore allow us to do the above idea without the item and store these charges on our person.
Re: 730 02/26/2020 09:37 PM CST
I don't have a soulstone wand and constantly keep 730 up on an ithzir champion. Adepts, scouts, initiates, and heralds all stun. 2-3 of 702 and sacrifice. Easy peezy.

Im town, just run to the closest low level hunting ground, 706 the first creature, no damage needed, and sacrifice. 30 seconds.

730 is easy to maintain.
Re: 730 02/27/2020 09:47 AM CST
Go run a quest, reim, or try to stay at a story line and do it. Going to do it isn't per say the problem its the duration that the spell last. If i have a massive investment into necro lore and spend my time making crystals I'd like more duration out of this. I'd be happy to skip the items I've suggested if the duration was bumped on this over all.
Re: 730 02/27/2020 09:59 AM CST
From a capped stand point also, yes you can go 706 something low sacrifice and move on. But this is a 30th level spell not everyone can do this. Also hunting places like the rift or SoS sacrificing something isn't as easy as jumping quickly to a low level hunting area. Rangers don't need to jump through hoops to keep a pet and bards don't need to either to summon a singing sword.

Also if its to the point where we are going to 706 a kob to keep it up just please give a QOL update to skip this mundane detail.