Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 07:03 AM CST

GMs don’t read this board.

There are zero plans to add fun spells or abilities to our class.

You mostly just develop items for sale for USD

It’s a waste of time for us to post new ideas for spells.

They’re hasn’t been meaningful GM interaction on this board for two years.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 09:44 AM CST
I read almost every post on these forums. Sorcerers had a spell circle review a number of years back and received a number of significant upgrades, but I'm always open to new ideas.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 10:33 AM CST
Sorcerers are already one of the most powerful classes in-game. If we're talking class development, I say focus on rogues. The changes that GM Naijin is working on with the lockpicking pool is pretty solid evidence that non-monetized development has and continues to progress.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 01:55 PM CST
Not sure how long it's been, but I'm seeing some pretty nifty sorc changes from when I left, and she seems pretty well-sorted to do a lot of different cool spells and things. Since we know GMs are always reading these and are always looking at ways to improve classes and our gaming experiences, I'd suggest is not a lack of sorc love but more a lack of need for anything significant at the moment.

~Heathyr
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 02:50 PM CST
>Not sure how long it's been, but I'm seeing some pretty nifty sorc changes from when I left, and she seems pretty well-sorted to do a lot of different cool spells and things.

Sometimes it takes being away for a while to recognize how much active development we actually have. It's easy to forget or lose track of such things when you see the rollout day-to-day.

>I'd suggest is not a lack of sorc love but more a lack of need for anything significant at the moment.

I'd say that's a pretty astute observation. Anyway, glad you are enjoying your return so far.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/07/2020 07:43 PM CST
Yeah, believe it or not, most GMs read this board very regularly. You just got the SGM of Development to respond to you within a very short amount of time. Meaningful conversation can be had!
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/08/2020 09:57 AM CST

Thank you, for responding.

What are the plans moving forward for the class?
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/12/2020 09:18 PM CST
I also read in here! But I'm not a dev GM, so not sure that really helps you out in terms of what you're looking for ;) (Sorcerers are just near and dear to my heart is all.)

~Kaikala

Speaking softly to you, Rovvigen says, "Please dont be a stranger."
>
Speaking to Rovvigen, you exclaim, "I am never strange, Rovvigen!"
>
[MYCHAR: XxXxX is thinking to herself, "Please do not get any stranger..."]
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 07:33 AM CST
"I also read in here! But I'm not a dev GM, so not sure that really helps you out in terms of what you're looking for ;) (Sorcerers are just near and dear to my heart is all.)

~Kaikala"

Great, what is the plan moving forward?

People are posting a lot of ideas here, spells etc. I see zero response, for their effort. I'm cynical. Only, "I'm here." "I read the boards"

I ask again, goals? skills? anything? Or just duskruin items for cash?

Should we do a "go-fund-me" for major summon or some other suggestion that a player made on the board?

Thanks for checking in, and please provide some substance.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 09:15 AM CST
Great, what is the plan moving forward?
People are posting a lot of ideas here, spells etc. I see zero response, for their effort. I'm cynical. Only, "I'm here." "I read the boards"
I ask again, goals? skills? anything? Or just duskruin items for cash?
Should we do a "go-fund-me" for major summon or some other suggestion that a player made on the board?
Thanks for checking in, and please provide some substance.

Outside of some "major" announcements in the Announcement folder (here are the last ten)
SIMU-WYROMSALE: QUEST NEXUS ORBS on 01/16/2020 01:07 PM CST
SIMU-WYROMMonthly Unlocks on 01/16/2020 03:18 PM CST
GS4-KYNLEEJanuary Animal Companion Raffle on 01/23/2020 11:24 AM CST
GS4-KYNLEEJanuary Monthly Customization Raffle on 01/23/2020 12:03 PM CST
GS4-KYNLEEJanuary Sonic Alteration Raffle on 01/27/2020 11:28 AM CST
GS4-QUILICClipped Wings - Finit - Things Known and Unknown on 01/29/2020 10:16 AM CST
GS4-VALYRKAA formal Reception on 01/30/2020 05:12 AM CST
GS4-KENSTROMLanding Mayoral Season Begins! on 02/04/2020 12:13 AM CST
GS4-RETSERQuest Changes: Experience Rewards on 02/05/2020 08:30 PM CST
GS4-ESTILDMage Armor - Fire (520) Update on 02/06/2020 10:48 PM CST

- I don't see much relayed on the forums from GMs anymore. Such as DR dates - yes, they could have been found on the calendar, but it was never officially mentioned on the forums what the dates were from any GM, it was told on Discord by Wyrom, but never mentioned on the forums. Or the up and coming new light armor skill for Rogues/Warriors/Monks that's going through QC...it was teased on Discord, but no mention on the forums from an official name.

I see some players relaying pertinent info that the GMs post on Discord, but never mention on the boards, to the official forums.

I'm starting to wonder if these folks relaying info are doing it from the goodness of their hearts or if they're seeing the same thing about lack of info being posted on the official forums so they're trying to remedy it?

The usual responses that some of the GMs were kind enough to post for your topic here are what they usually do when you folks start to question if they're around/reading/paying attention.

I personal detest Discord. It's like a big AOL chat room filled with nonsense and rampant screen scroll when things are busy. I deal enough with rampant screen scroll in game, but at least there I don't have to read through lnet like jibberjabber to find useful information. It would be great if things were posted on the official forums as well, for the small population that doesn't do discord....but I doubt that'll happen.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 01:29 PM CST
First of all, if anyone remembers the old Ildran Officiality Index, this post would be somewhere in the realm of an IOI = 3. I'm not really trying to make any kind of official statement, but I am offering my opinion/insight from the GM side of things:

I'm not sure what you are looking for in way of a bi-lateral communication about class direction at this moment. I've read these boards for almost 25 years, and very rarely have I seen a GM engaged in conversations about something that they were actually working on for a class before it was nearly done and about to be released. Sure, I've seen theoretical discussions about a class, and where shortcomings and possible areas to improve are. Is that the kind of communication you are looking for? I agree with the above that such communication seems to have slowly migrated off of the boards, in favor of a more live communication where many people can discuss it at once.

That said, talking about a class and what its limitations and areas that need to be improved on these boards is perfectly fine. It will be seen, and can be taken into account in future updates to the class, their abilities, their spells, etc. But if you are wanting some kind of direct feedback from GameMasters on any particular idea and/or area of concern...I wouldn't necessarily expect that to happen, unless you happen to strike a nerve about something in some extremely positive or negative way. Outside of bugs or issues in recently implemented changes (see for example the recent discussions that blew up after the changes to enchanting items), bi-lateral communication about a future endeavor doesn't happen much, unless a GM or Dev are seeking specific input on the implementation of something (which is unusual, because the game balance factors are in their hands). Discussions occurring post-implementation for tweaking purposes, however, are common.

And about Discord for a second, since that has been brought up: Discord is definitely a way to have tons of live communication with GMs. Most of it is just joking around and banter though. We don't officially announce something over there without posting it here as well, but occasionally I will see a GM talk about something on Discord that isn't really ready for an "official announcement" yet, so it doesn't make it over here yet. Premature discussions of things that may later make it into the game don't tend to get talked about often though, because if it doesn't end up happening for whatever reason, there ends up being a lot of disappointment and consternation that could have been avoided by just not talking about it in the first place.

A lot of people also use Discord "wrong" in my opinion. For example, people use the /ASK function in the discord to make suggestions to GMs all the time, as if the /ASK function is a request board. It's really not. This message board is a much better place to make a suggestion, where all GMs will see it, and it can be brought to the attention of the appropriate team for discussion. A suggestion isn't really a question, and naturally most of those suggestions get no response on Discord, basically for the same reason that I'm suggesting above that people don't get a lot of bi-lateral communication about suggestions on here.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 03:02 PM CST
>old Ildran Officiality Index,

I loved the IOI ;)

Excellent post. I do think that at times things get forgotten from Discord and don't make it here but it seems to be an error, unintentional, and quickly fixed when realized.

>For example, people use the /ASK function in the discord to make suggestions to GMs all the time,

Yep. I appreciate the GMs who see things we say that come off more like suggestions and remind us to take it to the officials too ;) I love Discord for what it is - a giant chat room where I can interact with a bunch of GS peeps, including GMs, maybe get some questions and guidance easily (mostly from players and I'm never there expecting it from GMs since it isn't the officials), and in general just start feeling all community-oriented again. I love the officials for what they should be, but I do wish they got used more by everyone!

~Heathyr
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 03:16 PM CST
<A lot of people also use Discord "wrong" in my opinion.>

I'd also offer that a lot of people looking for help with training or just about anything that doesn't need to be resolved quickly would be better off posting over here as well. I see a lot of questions that go unanswered because they don't get seen by someone that can help before it scrolls off the screen. Even if I see such a question I could answer when I'm scanning through the hundreds of posts that came in while I was AFK, I generally don't respond to it cause the person asking prolly isn't there anymore.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/15/2020 04:15 PM CST
Yeah, I totally agree with that. Probably like 75% of the questions that are /ASKed on Discord (that aren't suggestions) are things easily answered by the playerbase, and could have just been discussed in the channel from which it was asked. Probably 90% of the time, another player correctly answers the question before a GM ever sees it (and thus the question goes unanswered in the GM Questions Channel, because it wasn't necessary to ask GMs that question in the first place).

Between this message board, the wiki, and fellow player knowledge, it's amazing what can get answered without staff intervention.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/16/2020 11:06 AM CST

Which is why I've yet to do a /ASK on Discord. I see enough staff posting and replying in the threads that if it warrants response they'll respond. Or one of them will direct another one of them to the query if it falls under that GM's bailiwick. I'm afraid to use /Ask incorrectly and don't want to get a backside chewing for using it. lol. Also a fan of old Index. :) As to the whole sorcerer "prove me wrong" thing.

Honestly post ice age sorcerers over all have been in a pretty good place in my opinion. They've had a lot of things added over time and I figure it's getting harder and harder for staff to add things to the class. Gone are the days of watching Manny or Thalior chasing torkaan around and bleeding them while I Celtar snickered at them while leaning on my claidhmore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improvements and things that just make the class more fun, but I sincerely don't feel like the class has been abandoned and actually my sorcerer is my highest level character by a long shot, I'm an altoholic though and tend to play all the classes to some degree.(Shrugs) I just know that sorcery is fun and I enjoy hunting with the class.
Re: Prove me wrong GMs 02/17/2020 02:18 PM CST
Sorcerers are in a really good place right now honestly.

701. good low level spell, good lore tie in.

702. bread and butter spell, the change to dispel stuff here is meh IMO but could be useful in lower levels I never had this leveling so its hard to speak to that. I'd like to see maybe a change for a flare vs the dispel, some type of mana burn effect.

703. great spell super useful.

704. great spell lots of uses.

705. bread and butter spell, again I'd like to the effect this has change. Some type of acid dot I personally think would be a lot better than what it currently is. the reduction of DF on a weapon is whatever, reducing the blocking change for a CS class is also whatever, the -20 to shield maneuvers is nice, and I'm not sure so someone correct me but when you lower the AsG of there armor does the CvA change with that if so that seems bad if not its still nothing to write home about. I'd rather have some extra damage.

706. Pretty good low levels mostly pointless higher levels when everything shakes off stuns

707. Needs some QOL love, being able to find people with it being my main problem with the spell.

708. Great spell very nice for disabling, lore benefits are okay.

709. great spell was very glad to have got this.

710. Love this spell single target open cast 75 ranks of an elemental lores to make it start faster soild.

711. amazing, nothing to see here move along.

712. amazing, nothing to see here move along.

713. Okay a bolt sure, fun little demon boon tie in.

714. Honestly to much trouble than its worth for me to do, the whole runestone juggle is a mess and they don't have enough charges. Some people love this spell I guess, I very rarely will use this now. Also please add a quick charge feature like 517 go that will just lock the scroll for some dump of mana into it.

715. flexible, some good stuff in here.

716. Amazing, nothing to see here move along

717. Really good at what it does.

718. This is trash, there's been lots of talk about trying to slide an AOE spell in here I'd love to see it or an SMRV2 spell even.

719. Bread and butter spell, good lore tie ins.

720. I personally dont like this spell and think its a wasted spell slot, other love it. Good for the odd time you might need it.

725. This spell really has some great potential but I think falls short, all of the demons have very neat skills, just none of them are very useful. If there was a review of what the demons brought to the table and the skills they had I think this could be a game changer for the spell, but as it stands its mostly an RP prop.

730. I really wish you didnt need a soulstone wand to make this spell amazing, its a good spell, it has tons of flexibility, but the duration is terrible, and its a lot of work to keep an animate up, during long RP events forget, want to just chill and talk to people you still need to run out to go murder something every so often to keep your animate alive.

735. Amazing, nothing to see here move along

740. Amazing, nothing to see here move along

750. Id like to see this spell be some sort of spell super charger, in the way that wizards have 515 and clerics and empaths have 240.