740 Reflect Suggestion 01/03/2020 01:29 PM CST
One of the primary areas of struggle for sorcerers is dealing damage to swarms, and I understand that is intentional, or by design since Sorcerers are particularly strong at singe-target destruction.

My suggestion is to allow sorcerers to summon a portal to the demon plane without components, any harmful single-target spells cast at the portal would be reflected by the portal at a # of hostile targets dependent on your sorcerous lore - demonology ranks. The level of spell that can be used in conjunction with the portal would be dependent on your Mana Control (combined EMC + SMC) or Harness Power skill (whichever makes the most sense). I.E. you cannot simply cast 719 at the portal without sufficient training.

This suggestion comes from a balanced perspective.

1. It requires the user to setup an expensive spell w/ 40 mana and 3s cast RT.
2. It would have a limited # of targets (probably starting at 5 targets, with a # of targets increased every 20 ranks in demon lore)
3. You have the same chance to fail opening the portal as you would opening a "same-realm" portal, thus it has as added risk to the sorcerer that they may summon a demon upon failure.
4. The portal is stationary, so if you have to change rooms, you will need to re-summon the portal in a new room.
5. The portal has a 60 second duration before it must be resummoned for another 40 mana + all the additional associated risk.

For balance purposes, all spells would only work in "cast" form. It would not be possible for the portal to reflect a channeled 705 at all targets in the room. Perhaps at a very high threshold of demon lore this could be unlocked. All spells cast at the portal would be treated like AoE spells for the purpose of the shroud in warcamps.

I make this suggestion because it would satisfy a capped hunting niche and provide a unique but somewhat limiting way for sorcerers to deal damage to larger groups of targets as it is a current limitation that is often glaring in group settings, and various hunting grounds / invasions.
Re: 740 Reflect Suggestion 01/09/2020 04:40 PM CST

I dont know if anyone noticed but there has been only 2 major GM posts here in the last 2 years.

I think if we make suggestions for duskruin, they are more likely to be reviewed and implemented. Maybe a go-fund-me for 750.