Lockmastery... 01/01/2022 05:12 PM CST

Everytime I think I've got it down it once again becomes "guess the #@@# syntax" game. I was getting reps fine after correcting spelling errors but these recent rounds suddenly I can't seem to get it right. What am I freaking doing wrong now.

>LMaster Sense
With a seasoned eye, you begin to examine both yourself and the area in an attempt to ascertain the current conditions for lockpicking...
>
After a thorough examination, you determine that you are in excellent shape, physically. As far as you can tell, the area around you is rather dark.
Additionally, you are feeling quite alert and confident.
Under the current conditions, you think you could probably handle an intricate trap.
>'The lighting is rather dark, and I have Presence, and Self Control cast upon my wonderful Self, and I could probably handle an intricate trap.
You say, "The lighting is rather dark, and I have Presence, and Self Control cast upon my wonderful Self, and I could probably handle an intricate trap."
>
Miller exclaims, "Well, there's a scarab gnawing on yer liver now. You can't get that high under these circumstances. Try sensing again."
>

Those were indeed the only two things that Miller put on me. The guessing game is getting really old with this. After a while you start to feel fatigued from the guessing game. Overall I've actually been enjoying the rogues guild until this crap. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong now that worked before?

Re: Lockmastery... 01/01/2022 05:46 PM CST
I'm not entirely sure the SENSE is accurate when you're first learning it. Keep trying!

Also, are you sure you're getting QUITE ALERT AND CONFIDENT correct? (genuine question, I don't know)
Re: Lockmastery... 01/01/2022 07:23 PM CST
It's buggy and persnickety, I showed my wife some examples of some things it was doing like not removing a debuff it put on you after you got a reputation and yet the next rep I was attempting when I included it I didn't get a rep. So I had to leave the master and then go back in and I then I could get another rep. Basically if you leave and go back in you will have all the things that the master put on you removed so that when you go in again you're not fresh and you'll get your rep. Hopefully I'm explaining myself well, I'm typing on my tablet which I always dislike doing for posts. lol. We tried numerous variations and what I found worked was I mentioned above if I wanted to get a rep. Anyhow it's been the only thing I've truly disliked about the guild so far.
Re: Lockmastery... 01/02/2022 08:17 AM CST
FWIW: I found that using SPELL ACTIVE to see what had been cast was more reliable in determining which spell effects I needed to speak to vs. relying on what shows up in the LMASTER SENSE command.

You still need LMASTER SENSE for the other stuff but use the SPELL ACTIVE for the spells.

Hope that helps.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Lockmastery... 01/02/2022 11:19 AM CST
SENSE tasks suck and are horribly buggy or picky. I exchanged every single one of them. Worth it for your blood pressure.

- Andreas
Re: Lockmastery... 01/02/2022 11:52 AM CST

I was checking Spell Active as well. I actually removed all spells on me during one test. Doing this was how I figured out that though the Master wasn't removing Weapon Deflection that he put on me, which instead of the normal duration (60 seconds) had a time amount set to the time you were going to be with the Master BTW which starts of course at 10 minutes. So Weapon Deflection was showing close to 9 minutes after I got that first rep done.

I was doing a copy paste of what worked and gave me a rep and the only thing that changed the next time was he added no new spells and he'd changed the difficulty of the trap from what I could see. He'd tell me I didn't get it right and to try again. I'd sense again and it would be the same damn exact thing but only the trap. And yet with Spell Active I'd see that damn Weapon Deflection counting down timer wise and it showing on my debuffs windows. The Debuff, Buffs, Cooldowns and Spells active window on Stormfront can be a bit behind, which is why is why Spell Active is a great tool to check what's going on.

Anyhow I ended up slogging through it and finishing the task. It amounts to not making any grammar mistakes playing guess the syntax that they want. Plus after getting a Rep leaving the master if he didn't remove the spells or debuff on you. Because he won't recognise that they're on you when he gives you a new task to do. Its a frustrating utter PITA but I'll get through it in small chunks.

@Welcha Strongly agree and I might end up trading in off an on depending my frame of mind. lol.