Armor and cmans 12/22/2021 04:16 AM CST
As rogues are squares they rely heavily on cmans and armor, it doesnt make any sense to make wearing the highest armor asg possible negatively impact their cman abilities as hard as they do.
Warriors and rogues are the main squares in the game right? If I wear brigandine my cmans do standard damage but ill be dead if caught in open and offensive. Wearing plate protects us from that, thats why armor training is cheap for us. But wearing plate HAMSTRINGS (HEH) our cman abilities into much lower rolls. I understand Naijin wants rogues in cloth or leather but you cant change something like this without adding some boons in other ways. Or lower the costs of training in something else, combat maneuvers maybe.

Also, stamina costs are too high. I know we arent supposed to rely solely on cmans to live, but its like halfing your mana supply without a way to replenish it. If you lowered the current cman costs by 50% I'd accept that as a christmas present.
So thanks in advance.

And no, I don't think buying the highest enchant, highest crit padded T5, 300m doubles is a solution. Thats just for added gratification in the long run, not for everyone.
Re: Armor and cmans 12/22/2021 09:32 AM CST
> but you cant change something like this without adding some boons in other ways

Nothing was changed. That's how it's always worked for maneuvers. Higher action penalty reduces your offensive ability using maneuvers, and reduces your defense against maneuvers.
Re: Armor and cmans 12/22/2021 10:47 AM CST
In my opinion, rogues or thieves as we used to be called were always meant to be fast moving, agile dirty fighters. Moving in and out of the battle, disappearing into the shadows and popping out to deliver devastating attacks. To allow for that they should be in leather and scale armor and not in cloth, robes,chain or plate armor.

Can they wear those armors? Sure. Though the mechanics shouldn't be optimized for them to do so. I say that even though my old ice age thief wears augmented chain armor that looks like a clothing (the chain is supposedly woven into the clothing, between the clothing material etc). So since my character is outside of what should be the optimal armor I shouldn't be surprised that he does less well with some maneuvers that require more speed and agility.

I will agree though that it feels like many of our abilities cost far to much to use in a consistent manner. Whereas my warrior or even more my paladin can keep using stamina based abilities pretty much nonstop. The abilities that should be strong rogue abilities just drain our stamina too quickly in my opinion.