A simple question about Armor Use 03/26/2021 02:10 AM CDT
Hello everyone, I have a bit of a rudimentary question on Armor Use. I have been chugging along with as a Rogue, focusing on classic rogue abilities, and focusing combat on hiding and ambushing. In no way am I looking for the easiest path, but am curious of viable paths when it comes to armor. If I am leaning heavy on stealth tactics, how far should I take my armor studies? I had planned to "over train" until double leather has no disadvantages, but am a little unclear as to exactly when that point is, and if double leather is appropriate for such tactics. Thank you for any help here. Take care.
Re: A simple question about Armor Use 03/26/2021 04:12 AM CDT
<I had planned to "over train" until double leather has no disadvantages, but am a little unclear as to exactly when that point is, and if double leather is appropriate for such tactics. Thank you for any help here. Take care.>

For double leather, 156 ranks will max out the over-training benefits. You'll still have an Action Penalty of 3 because you can only train off half the penalty of any armor, but that's negligible... esp for a rogue.

For a stealthy rogue that sticks to the shadows as much as possible and times their attacks well, you shouldn't have any problems with doubles (mostly cause you shouldn't be in the open long enough for anything to swing/cast at you to begin with). For a long time my sniper was in brig, and I def noticed a difference between the two ASGs when I dropped him down to doubles when it came to staying in the shadows when firing my bow (I still only have 30 ranks in Armor Use and really don't see a need to go further, TBH).

Lastly, I wouldn't put over training for doubles before most other skills you might need/want. Training off those 3 AP points eats up a lot of TPs that could almost definitely benefit you more elsewhere unless you've got solid training, don't have any secondary/tertiary skills you're looking at, and have a bunch of TPs with nowhere to put them. After thinking a bit, if you're going to get that many ranks in Armor Use, you might as well switch to brig and keep going to 177 ranks.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: A simple question about Armor Use 03/26/2021 04:45 PM CDT

Thank you so much for the help, that's just the info I was looking for!
Take care