Returning player & guild fees 06/15/2020 04:31 AM CDT

Hello,

I just returned to the game after an extended absence. Was trying to get caught up with guild fees but by the time I got to the bank and back to the guild (took a while as I had to remember where everything was! And luckily still had my passcode written down), the guard wouldn't let me in. Why on earth is the time limit to catch up with fees so short? It's very frustrating for a returning player.

Can I assume I have to find a player guild master now to reinstate me or is there an NPC that can do this?

Thanks.
Re: Returning player & guild fees 06/15/2020 09:03 AM CDT
Sounds like you used the wrong passcode if the guard wouldn't let you in (or typoed a command). Even if you're booted cause of late fees you should be able to get in to get reinstated by the npc guild Master.

If you don't care about getting into the guild and just want to use your abilities you can just ask around east tower or where ever the box pool is in your town for a Guild Master. If you want or need access to the guild it's self, you'll need to ask the guard for a new one and pay his fee (it's not near as expensive as it used to be).

Pro tip: make a short script or macro with your passcode and set up your FE to store them on the game's servers. That way you'll never typo it and it'll always be available even if you take a long break.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Returning player & guild fees 06/15/2020 09:47 AM CDT

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Ta'Illistim at the moment. No problem with the passcode. I got in one time. Second time I went back with the right amount of silver I can't even get through the door. It just says 'You'll have to use the other door', or something similar. Can't even get to where I need to enter the passcode.

I'll just track down a master around town somewhere. But seems like you should have more than 10-15 minutes to catch up on fees before being booted from the guild.
Re: Returning player & guild fees 06/15/2020 10:55 AM CDT
<I'll just track down a master around town somewhere. But seems like you should have more than 10-15 minutes to catch up on fees before being booted from the guild.>

Normally you get several warnings before it happens.... but when someone's been gone for an extended period it seems to skip straight to the last warning. I can't recall having troubles getting in to settle up with the Master, but it's been a long time since I let dues lapse long enough to get kicked out. I agree it's not a nice way to welcome back returning players that are still remembering what they need to do

Btw, you can pay for up to 3 months at a time if you don't want to be bothered running there every month. Just keep checking in until he tells you you've done so as much as you can.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Returning player & guild fees 06/15/2020 01:05 PM CDT

>Btw, you can pay for up to 3 months at a time if you don't want to be bothered running there every month. Just keep checking in until he tells you you've done so as much as you can.

You can also check in for three months at a time as a master now, while it used to only be possible for those that had to pay. Also it just takes one other player and the NPC to do a promotion to master now, so getting guild master status back is a lot easier than it used to be.