How to survive a spore trap 05/15/2020 05:41 AM CDT
>get cop loc
You slide a wood-handled copper lockpick from within one of the casings in your gnomish bracer.
>pick box
You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
You make a fumbling attempt (d100=1).
Roundtime: 20 sec.
Your lockpick dislodges something nestled inside the tumblers!

With a barely audible puff, a thick cloud of greyish-green spores billows forth from Starchitin's box and quickly spreads through the area!
You get a heavy lungful of the caustic gas!
Acid burns your neck!
... 1 point of damage!
Acid catches the side of your neck and drips down in a steaming trail!

An anxious sailor sprints off exclaiming, "Starchitin has committed endangering public safety!"

R>put loc in my brac
You slide a wood-handled copper lockpick into an empty casing in your gnomish bracer. A moment later the gears spring to life as the lockpick disappears into the interior of the bracer.
>

You feel acidic spores expanding within your lungs, stealing your breath!
... 4 hits!
Acid burns your chest from the inside!
... 1 point of damage!
Splash to chest runs off before it does worse than blister the skin.

>disarm box
Peering into the box's lock, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism. It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane, but it has torn mostly away, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it.
>get cop loc
You slide a wood-handled copper lockpick from within one of the casings in your gnomish bracer.
>pick box
You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
You make an excellent attempt (d100=93).
You struggle with the box. As you do, you get a sense that the box has a fairly simple lock (-350 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>
... 4 hits!
... 1 point of damage!

!R>put loc in my brac
You slide a wood-handled copper lockpick into an empty casing in your gnomish bracer. A moment later the gears spring to life as the lockpick disappears into the interior of the bracer.
!>ask wom about che
Lalena says, "That's some quality work. Here's your payment of 247 silvers."
!>
... 11 hits!
... 1 point of damage!

!>
The Fleet Captain saunters in, with a number of weapon-wielding seamen behind him.

With great ease, the Fleet Captain grabs you and shackles your wrists.

"There you are! I got a tip that I'd find you here," says the Fleet Captain.

With a keen eye, the Fleet Captain glances over you quickly. He says, "We'll not have you dying before sentence is carried out. Let's get you healed up, though there will of course be a slight charge for it." With that, a demure looking city official, evidently an empath, comes forward and heals all your maladies.

The Fleet Captain then drags you off.

Arriving at his Quarters, the Fleet Captain motions to his first mate to strip you of your possessions, whereupon he hustles you over to a secure looking hatchway in the floor. Unlocking and opening it with a bang he pushes you into the darkness below. "Enjoy the vacation! If 'twere up to me and me mates, ye would be feeding the fish by now!" he exclaims with a muttered oath.

Glaring at you, he deftly lifts the hatchway into place and locks it with a clanging rattle of keys, leaving you to contemplate your fate.

In the distance you hear the Fleet Captain say, "There are clothes on the floor if you want them, but I expect them to be returned. You have two weeks time to clear out of here and collect your belongings. After two weeks I like to clean out the clutter in my office."

[River's Rest, The Brig]
Surrounded by darkness, dampness and the smell of mildew, you find yourself cutoff from the light and life of the town somewhere above. An occasional heavy footstep overhead breaks the silence but the muddy walls quickly dampen the sound. It seems this is not meant to be a comfortable place and you are soon totally damp as the floor seems to be mostly muddy water. There is nothing to do now but wait. You also see some filthy pink breeches, a faded puce shirt and a heavily reinforced hatchway.
Obvious exits: none

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: How to survive a spore trap 05/15/2020 02:59 PM CDT
Ahahahaha… thanks for sharing!

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: How to survive a spore trap 05/15/2020 09:57 PM CDT
Hadn't had my coffee yet and my foggy brain went ahead and picked even though I saw the trap... can't believe I had time to pick the lock AND put away the pick between stuns before I was arrested....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.